It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[URGENT] Bad Rotten Egg Smell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I noticed a foul odor throughout the apartment when my room door opened. I decided to stick my head out of the window and the smell is even worse. It didn't smell 4-5 hours ago, seems to be recent. I live between the Upper and Lower New York Bay's, a few New York blocks up from the pier, but I don't see how the smell could just suddenly travel to my apartment and get through the cracks in the windows to stink up the apartment. Never smelled this bad. Could it be a gas leak? I'm clueless as to what to do and who to contact, it's 3 in the morning so I can't bother anyone else in my building to see if they notice the smell. Could be nothing, or could be something... Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Just wait till tomorrow, it shouldn't be something bad, hopefully it is not a gas leak.
edit on 24-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Here are some possibilities.
Hope I helped friend.

www.ehow.com...
edit on 11/24/2012 by mcx1942 because: wording

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

My girl said she smelled this outside our house in Southern Maine yesterday.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Yes it could be a gas leak. The smell is put in the gas so that people will evacuate before the concentration of gas builds up to explosive levels. Get out of your apartment until you confirm the source of the smell.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

A rotten egg smell would usually indicate sulphur. I suppose it could be a gas leak, natural gas doesn't have an odour. Here in the UK they inject scent into it so its easily detectable, it doesn't smell like rotten eggs though?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have no way of i dentifying the cause of the smell myself, I would've if I was able to.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Don't mean to be offensive in any way but some psychiatric disorders manifest themselves through victim smelling unpleasant odors, rotten eggs included. You can Google it.
edit on 24-11-2012 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PURIFIER

Everyone else in my apartment smells it. Phsychiatric disorders are irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Could be hydrogen sulphide gas (H2S) eminating from the sewers. Its produced when things decay, there's probably a lot down there after sandy swept through town lately.

www.ehso.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Could be nothing, or could be something...

Could be nothing, or could be something... ....So why is this URGENT!!!!!

If it Could be nothing, or could be something... ?

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's urgent because I want to be safe if it happens to be something serious. I have no way of personally finding out what it could be because I don't have access to either the basement or back of the building. If you're not going to contribute I don't see why you feel the need to post.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Turn your fridge back on !

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
reply to post by jude11

It's urgent because I want to be safe if it happens to be something serious. I have no way of personally finding out what it could be because I don't have access to either the basement or back of the building. If you're not going to contribute I don't see why you feel the need to post.

If I were you I'd be very cautious and perhaps move away from the smell.

10th Nov - Indianapolis explosion kills two and leads to evacuation of 200 people (gas leak?)

23rd Nov - Another Gas Explosion, This Time It Was Caught on Video (gas leak)

23rd Nov - 14 killed, 47 injured in China restaurant blast (gas leak)
edit on 24/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

If you wanted to be safe you would not be sitting in your apartment typing a thread on ATS.

You would be knocking on your neighbors doors asking them if they smelled the same thing, and evacuating them along with your self.

What you are doing is playing a victim to garner attention.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

In its normal state, natural gas is odorless. For easy detection, NW Natural injects an odorant called mercaptan into the gas before it is inserted into the distribution system. Mercaptan gives off a foul smell, reminiscent of rotten eggs or sulfur.

Any odor of natural gas inside your home or business may indicate a leak. If you SMELL rotten eggs, leave the area or GO and LET US KNOW by calling 800-882-3377.

Learn what to do if you detect a rotten egg or sulfur odor.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

OMG! Contagious psychiatric disorder!

Nah, just pulling your leg and trying to cheer you up.
edit on 24-11-2012 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If I was you I'd phone the fire dept, non-emergency police number or the local gas comany and discuss it with them. Better safe than sorry, right? If it's nothing to worry about they'll tell you that and you can quit worrying about it.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Move well away from the area where you can smell the smell and call 9-1-1 or the Power Company to come and investigate.

Or risk becoming toast. Whatever seems better to you

edit on 24-11-2012 by angellicview because: misspelled word.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I'm clueless as to what to do and who to contact, it's 3 in the morning so I can't bother anyone else in my building to see if they notice the smell.

Change in tune as soon as someone poses a very relevant idea.

So it's 3am and you don't want to bother anyone to Everyone knows...

good thing you came to ATS to ask...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join