It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the growing insanity we live here is a man making a change, inspiring would be an understatement.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A beautiful sentiment someone left for this inspiring man...

I have not forgotten any of these values and its these values that have made me valuable............ I don't have money, I don't have a big car, but I have even bigger thoughts and even a bigger heart to shelter the shelter-less or the needy, which makes me richer than the richest...... rich people are often poor.......... because their minds are blanketed by the layers of notes............. I am not rich, but I am still the richest....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
That was awesome that really made my day. Thanks for posting!
S+F!
2nd

Gs

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If you feel this was so touching...would you quit your job right now to feed the poor people in your streets?

It is a straight yes and no answer. Donations don't count. This is a point blank statement. Either you will quit and go feed, or you stay at your job and let others do it for you.

The fact is I guarantee everyone here will say NO because of multiple reasons:
- we want to live the good life
- we have a sense of greed
- we don't want to give up our security for our own uncertain future
- we have our own goals, dreams and aspirations that we want to achieve for ourselves and family
- we can't afford to do this
- etc....

I can honestly say I cannot do this. But what I will say is more power to those who can do it.

Nice video, but at the end of the day, our own reality comes into play and we make decisions out of own self interests and not the interests of others. That is human nature at its raw.

Peace & Love.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
If you feel this was so touching...would you quit your job right now to feed the poor people in your streets?

It is a straight yes and no answer. Donations don't count. This is a point blank statement. Either you will quit and go feed, or you stay at your job and let others do it for you.

The fact is I guarantee everyone here will say NO because of multiple reasons:
- we want to live the good life
- we have a sense of greed
- we don't want to give up our security for our own uncertain future
- we have our own goals, dreams and aspirations that we want to achieve for ourselves and family
- we can't afford to do this
- etc....

I can honestly say I cannot do this. But what I will say is more power to those who can do it.

Nice video, but at the end of the day, our own reality comes into play and we make decisions out of own self interests and not the interests of others. That is human nature at its raw.

Peace & Love.

It is true that not everybody can afford to do this, but like many here have given examples its about TRYING.

You make the change in yourself first, then increase the frequency in how you help and give to others. Rome wasnt built in a day. Dont look at a sky scraper and say " there is no way I can build something this huge" Just start picking up bricks and piling them up where you want to lay the foundation. You might be surprised as to who will help you set the foundation. Before you know the impossible becomes possible.

Remember the only limitations you have are the ones you place on yourself. You are who you want to be.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

To me this man is a perfect example of how an anarchic society would function, or rather how the less well off would be looked after... I strongly advocate anarchy (no rulers) and many people will say to me, but what about the poor, what about the murderers, what about the rapists... People like THIS man would deal with these kinds of issues! And with all the extra wealth we will have (not having to pay for bureaucrats fancy lifestyles, wars, bailouts etc etc) can you imagine how many more people would GIVE? At the moment most people are living from pay check to pay check and fighting hard to keep the roof over their head! How can they give?

Honestly we need to look past the government to save us! We need to start looking at ourselves! This man is an inspiration! How humble is he...

Seeing him with these folks really is heartwarming, thanks for posting...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Watching The GUT blubber like a little baby ain't a pretty sight. God Bless You Narayanan.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
People should take note of the underlying message here. ..and no, it's not that this guy is some angel or saint. It's that THE WORLD IS OVERPOPULATED.

We'll be going to war over food in the future. Brood on that.

Also, if you want someone just as, if not more, philanthropic, see ex Fox Film head, Scott Neeson

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Some people need to chase bigger dreams, and thats okay--
they're are enough small dreamers(humanitarians) who will handle the small sht, as the big sht pulls together...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Also, if you want someone just as, if not more, philanthropic, see ex Fox Film head, Scott Neeson

I dont think its a competition as to who is the biggest philanthropist, Its great that he did what he did. I think that kind of empathic mentality is what we need more of.

As for the world being over populated. I think the fact that first world countries like the US and Europe which make up like 20% of the population use up 80% of the worlds resources. Thats got nothing to do with over population and more to do with greed and selfishness.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Once in a while, I tell someone about this man and his wife and how I enjoy visiting them and helping out. The sad thing is that more often than not, I will see a puzzled look on their face, like they don't understand or they think maybe I have nothing better to do. They don't have a clue about what they are missing out on.

Even if you only spare 15 minutes in a week, you can be making a huge difference in someone's life. A measly 15 minutes. And soon you will realize that they are giving more to you, than you to them.

Give it a try if you haven't already.

Don't worry about the puzzled people. They probably won't "get it" anyway. Take your kids if you have any or get kids involved in some way. They will get it and it will provide the good nurturing that I believe the man in the videos received growing up.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
A contributing factor to the insanity is that sadly this type of behavior is criminalised in many American cities. I have always held that concepts of compassion and altruism start at the top. Many people have been arrested for feeding the homeless. It is a sad commentary that his actions in this country would likely land him in jail. And despite all economic and social woes, this country always has the resources to keep its killing machines well oiled.
Storys like this are of course a breath of fresh air and Krishnan could well be canonised.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I've seen something like this on dr. House. The guy had a psychological disorder and once cured he stopped giving a crap about everyone else - just like everyone else.

Also, I don't believe there's anything wrong with being selfish. We shouldn't interfere with natural selection. Overpopulation is a real problem.
edit on 25-11-2012 by strato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This thread needs to be stickied.

Gs

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep
This thread needs to be stickied.

Gs

It is an important message, thanks for taking the time to go through it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
it's nice of him to do especially since he was rich all his life and is now suffering from some guilt complex. It's great to know he has the time, energy and logistical support in order to do these things. he may have given up his status (which means nothing to me) but he doesn't seem to have given up using money which in reality is what makes this possible. Sure you can call it "hands on" but it still takes money for the food and gas to deliver the services. we can't ALL work with the suffering people or else we'd ALL die, so somebody has to use their time to work at a paying job (such as the people who picked and delivered the vegetables they were using to make the meals), instead of being able to help others directly. we can't all be Mother Teresa.

the part you wrote about charity being "within" you could actually be part of or caused by what is coming out of the galactic center (maybe you want to call it God). if our physical bodies (including aliens) are made from stars, why can't consciousness(read: empathy, compassion, charity, guilt, etc.)come from them too? or from super massive black holes?

edit on 25-11-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

It was REALLY awesome until I saw that "Ted" got ahold of him and his intentions. The respect that I once had for the man is now gone. At this point, he's like anyone else who uses his good deeds to get into the spotlight.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
amazing guy. Giving is the best. Soak up the rewards. Another problem with some people is that they expect everything that they offer comes with a price. My little brother expects to be paid for making our parents a cup of tea. This is what the current generation is turning into. fashion, latest gadgets, got to be skinny, sex, money hungry. I have never been a volunteer but i will be soon.
I can not wait to start volunteering as a teacher assistant in a secondary school in their art and design department. Yet i'm rather bricking it. Some teenagers can be a right nightmare and my little brother fits the bill there. I can only hope all goes well. Every friday i help my nan do her shopping, i wheel her around in her wheelchair and once i was in a que so she could do the lottery. Two guys join the que and look at me and crack up "oh look how sweet" one said silently. It was a joke to them i was helping someone. I nearly completely lost it, yet instead I remembered the words of an old man stopping us to say its really great to see someone you're age helping. Anyhow, Help anyone in anyway possible and of course you will feel great for it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I still hope aliens come one day. Never knew I was a lost soul though. Thanks for enlightening me. I guess you'll be a full-time human care giver now? Please tell me more about how you plan to change the elites agenda with these good intentions.

=)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

You make it seem like a person would have to do exactly what that man did to help people, as if there is only one way to help others, and it's to do what he did. And no, many people can't afford to do what that man did. He did what he was able to do, and still sustain a life for himself. Maybe I interpreted what you wrote incorrectly, but it seems like you're insinuating that just because a person can't do exactly what he did (quit their job), they can't possibly make a difference/help another human being. How can it be a bad thing to inspire others to do something, no matter how small?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is not a reply to any particular post in this thread. I am just jumping in. This is what the love of Christ is. There is no way this man could do this day in and day out unless a true love was present. It does not matter if this man has even ever heard of the name of Jesus. God knows him and loves him. If he does not know of the Savior he will be introduced and be accepted because he has a genuine love of Christ in him. God is not interested in formalities or religeous rules. He is interested in the love you have for your fellow man. Let no preacher tell you otherwise. This is true Christianity even if he is ignorant of the Savior who came. He already has the love there is nothing left but introductions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join