It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the growing insanity we live here is a man making a change, inspiring would be an understatement.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
In the ever increasing world of ego maniacs and spoiled brats with entitlement complexes I was blown away by the humility and sincerity of this man. Narayanan Krishnan the son of a wealth family who gave up his status to care and look after those that can not do so for themselves.

There are so many lost souls here on ATS looking for Aliens to save them or for cosmic rays from the middle of the galaxy to make a change in the world but this one man is showing us all that change has to come from withing NOT without. If you guys have a spare 15 minutes I highly suggest you take the time to watch some of these videos and be inspired. Im planning on doing some charity work like this in the coming weeks, hands on charity is the most fulfilling.

The second video is longer and goes into more details of his life story. Sometimes it takes a simple act of human kindness to remind us all who we are and why we are here.

I hope this gives you hope and inspires you to be the change in the world.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
A saint among men.....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

One flag for Tim3LoRd.

One million flags for Narayanan Krishnan!

Thank You for posting this ray of hope!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Dear TiM3LoRd,

I am all choked up. Thank you for posting that. The man truly has the love of God and others in his heart. How wonderful that someone like him exists.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a true giant among men

making it his 'life mission' to aide and assist others, with even the most basic of human necessities - food, water, hygiene

takes a real, dedicated humanitariian to fully commit to a life and venture such as that, IMO.

*kudos* Mr. Krishnan

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Its amazing how much we take for granted and how a simple act of kindness can change a persons world. I would suggest people look around their own neighborhoods and volunteer even an hour a week at a soup kitchen or hand out packets of food to those that are struggling.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I have a homeless pal. I help him everyday but what this guy does makes my efforts look like nothing.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

What an amazing commitment and what an amazing human being!

We can all make a huge difference, even by doing much less than him. About 2 years ago, I met an elderly couple living down the street. The man is 75 and has Alzheimer, and his wife would like to keep him at home as long as possible so that he can continue to work in their garden, which is about the only thing that he can still handle and gives him joy. I took a liking to him from the start, and soon was stopping by regularly, just to say hello and have a chat about his past work as a carpenter. He would show me all the beautiful wood work he had done in their house, his face full of pride. He couldn't really recount very well anymore how he did everything, but just to see the pride in him was a joy for me and I grew to respect this man more than my own father. I call him Chief.

During these 2 years, it has become harder to communicate with him, though there is always a huge smile on his face as soon as he sees me. But I can't really chat with him anymore, so I usually spend a little more time talking to his wife and listening to how everything is going. I have told her that I will do what I can to help out so that he can keep living there a while longer, and that I am only a phone call away in case there is something urgent. There hasn't really been anything urgent yet, but she does ask me once in a while to help him in their garden with things she no longer trusts him with, like a chain saw or other dangerous tools.

Being there for these people takes only a couple hours out of my week, so it is not much of an effort at all. But my point is that it isn't about the effort, it's about the joy and meaning it adds to my own life, which is worth so much more than a little time and effort. The elderly still have values that are hard to find in most younger people today, and that alone is enough for me. It is impossible for me not to respect that and show my gratitude, and It makes me feel so much better about myself. It just feels like the right thing to do.

Once in a while, I tell someone about this man and his wife and how I enjoy visiting them and helping out. The sad thing is that more often than not, I will see a puzzled look on their face, like they don't understand or they think maybe I have nothing better to do. They don't have a clue about what they are missing out on.

Even if you only spare 15 minutes in a week, you can be making a huge difference in someone's life. A measly 15 minutes. And soon you will realize that they are giving more to you, than you to them.

Give it a try if you haven't already.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
OMG!!!!

"What is the ultimate purpose of life, to GIVE! "

What a POWERFUL message!

Start giving!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer

Even if you only spare 15 minutes in a week, you can be making a huge difference in someone's life. A measly 15 minutes. And soon you will realize that they are giving more to you, than you to them.

Give it a try if you haven't already.

you are OH So right, there...

my wife and i recently moved back to TX from PA [24 years and 3 kids later] ... her parents are getting 'up there a bit' and have 'new' needs here in recent years. It's amazing what Our just being here has done to alleviate worries, woes and concerns among others in the family. Her sister, parents, brother(?), etc. I go over and mow their grass and do their yard when it needs it, and usually get roped into some sort of cooking or whatever else might need done around the house for them. they're great folks and have always done so much for us over the years, that it only seems right to give back to those who gave so much in our times of 'need'. (?)

it seems to take a load off of others, and that in and of itself makes it all worthwhile, IMO

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

Thats a great way to spread positive action.

More people should spend time with the elderly, they are a wealth of experience and knowledge.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

"Food is one part. Love is another part."

Thank you for sharing these!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

It's never nothing when you're helping another human being. That's how it all starts, by helping just one person. Imagine what could happen to this world if all of us who could, did?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
six months or so ago I hung up my work boots and decided I had to stop working for myself and took a part time job in my sons school as a class room assistant my work had pretty much dried up I could not afford to insure my van and the phone calls for work just got further and further apart
part time earnings kept the wolf from the door but after working in the construction industry for nearly 20 years I felt like a fish out of water

I was soon offered full time hours as a teaching assistant in my sons primary school and could not believe I was actually doing something usefull with my life the money I earn now is a pittance compared to what i was used to being self employed

but helping these young children is the best thing I have ever done I am now looking into becoming a scout leader money really isnt everything I am happier healthier and so keen to help people it is unbelievable
I really would urge anyone who is unemployed to try some voluntary work the rewards you will get money cant buy

the guy in the vids above is an inspiration
this is what 2012 is all about

S&F OP thanks for sharing
edit on 24-11-2012 by MrRobertson because: excuse my punctuation in a bit of a rush today

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Reminds me of this guy Muhammad Yunus, Banker to the Poor.

He started a bank giving loans to the poorest of the poor in Bangladesh. Not so he could profit, not so he could bury them in debt and seize their assets but to actually try and help break the cycle of poverty...

I find it a bit surprising that the Rothschilds are allowing him to live.

edit on 24-11-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
At any given moment we have two fundamental choices, we can either serve ourselves or we can serve others. To spend one's life being of service to others without expecting anything in return, is embarking upon and following the "path of light."

I often think of an orange tree, and it's anonymous creator. The designer intended this tree to offer its fruit, unconditionally. A dynamic principle is at work in creation, one that serves others and gives without condition. It's a nurturing spirit, of genuine love.

Let's try to make a difference in this world, and when given the opportunity "pay it forward."

edit on 24-11-2012 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
pardon if this is off tangent; i dont believe its off topic. the religious based caste system is the core of this problem, is it not? doesn't his actions usurp any karmic debt these suffering folks are repaying? furthermore doesn't it negatively imact his own karma?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Every time I see something like this I smile, but feel sad at the same time. We find people like this an "inspiration", and yet, for the most part, people just read it, smile and move on. What would happen if we lived in a world where people like this were the norm? I think that we would be in a far better place. I applaud each and every poster that, even in the smallest ways emulates this man's kindness and love for humanity.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

dude thatt photo you are using is creepy and disturbing kindly replace it with some thing not so horrifying, ( crap the hell out of me)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I suck....
The trillions the US government spends on war and whatever other waste could do so much. On that level America sucks too.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join