It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knock Em Out on Black Friday - completely packed WalMart >?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
CNN New Report

One might ask is saving a buck worth a trip to the hospital > ?
are we missing something here - I mean I dont ever recall any violence to buy stuff before ... maybe I am wrong - I remember waiting outside RICHES downtown Atlanta for their black friday sale.... but it wasn't violent.
I see a sense of desperation for products at reduced rates - which doesnt make much sense - I sort of touches on a how to sell stuff book I read a few years back - where you get people to compete something to purchase.
its the role a real estate agent uses to sell houses... matter of fact it was a selling real estate book.if you think the person likes the house - you turn up the heat by saying if you want to put a bid in on this house there are other people interested in it - and I think if you offer ???? it might be yours... *I dont do the book justice - but you get the drift of what I think might be happening the peoples minds....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I find it totally ridiculous...and judging from the clips I've seen I am wondering how that many people saved up their welfare money (they must've dropped the crack for a few weeks) to get themselves something on black friday...looked like the first of the month at a grocery store.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
We dont need zombies when we have sheoples

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I believe some stores like to get customers into a buying frenzy getting them to believe they are getting an incredible deal. If everyone was like me, stores would be empty Friday morning. I know most of the products are going to be the same price within months if it's electronic. Some people like the crowds and enjoy it. I don't. I like to avoid crowded stores. Leading one to believe they are getting a great deal can spur some buying. I was in Lowe's this afternoon and was surprised to see a lot of Black Friday merchandise still available. One item I bought online for the same price I believe about 2 years ago. I didn't think that was much of a deal. A couple of items I saw I thought I could use and the price was good. I bought the items. Then I found what I came into the store to buy.

I have to admit, buying something you can use and having in your hand is much more satisfying than calling a Heating and Air Conditioning repair man and having him charge you when he didn't find the problem you called him for. I say it's not blowing out the volume of air like it used to and he says it is working so he doesn't see anything wrong. That's like saying a car works fine if it's top speed is 10 mph. It may work but it is not working correctly.

I forgot to add I only had one person in front of me when I checked out of the store. That was better than a typical Saturday.
edit on 24/11/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Wow. I live in Australia and I am sure our major cities have the equivalent of this American black friday sales mania.

All I can say is how sad I feel looking at those people. I feel sad for them and pity them. I feel sad for all the American people who are not of the same mindset as the people in the news article. I feel sad for the American Children who have parents who are of this mindset.

I feel - as a global community - that I have just been sideswiped and pushed backwards with regard to thinking we may have been evolving. I now realise we all have so far to go - as a global community.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
On the one hand I see some of these folks enjoy this type of thing,
on the other hand people have been trampled to death, pepper sprayed,
beaten and bloodied over this, that part of it i cannot understand, how
can any consumer item be worth killing for?

I know allot of people are against consumerism and i guess i cant
really disagree as it really makes one wonder, but to be willing
to not give a darn about your fellow humans to the point of hurting
or killing over a SALE, well they really do lose me there.

It reminds me of a local news story in my area a few months ago,
there were these new sneakers coming out, well apparently they
were like the in thing or something and everyone wanted a pair,
well a big group broke into the mall so that they could be the first
to stand in line at the shoe store, of course when the police arrived
it was pretty easy to catch them as they were still waiting lmao

now to me that screams something is really wrong, breaking into
a place just to stand in line, i mean really lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
We had a crazy time on Black Friday at the Walmart in my sleepy little town here as well, OP. Thousands were walking around like crazy, deranged, mindless cattle not having any idea where to go or what to do. I had a guy run into me from behind with his cart twice in the span of two minutes. I turned and gave him a crazy look like out of the movie The Shining - to which he froze and then turned right into a woman beside him. It was insane - there were easily 10,000 people in this store, I kid you not. It was pandemonium at points, as I saw two different screaming matches in the span of a little over an hour. All this madness over a few savings for the Christmas shopping season.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I think America has had enough of this Globalness - I give us one - two - maybe three more pushes from Washington DC and its all over - Law and Order out the window - and a scene reminisant of the French Revolution you will see lynch mobs taking care of business from coast to coast and anyone standing in their way will be seen as a They and all of theys get hung. unfortunately but its a long time coming - I'm afraid.

edit on 24-11-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I am not a violent person but perhaps the people of whom you speak - just the psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists can get lynched. Just to narrow it down a bit.

I cannot stand the thought of the scenario being the other way around. The people have been poisoned physically with fluoride in the water and chemicals in their food and vaccines in their blood and television & wifi microwaving their brain. They didn't really have a chance. This makes me think about the many many many people who are in the awakened state - our purpose must be close to fully revealing itself.

The mere fact that some of us can watch the clip contained in this thread and be so removed from it - see it for what it is and know the difference between the manic and us the knowing - what comes next?

You have certainly plumbed the depths of my intellect with your response. Thank you - I enjoy depth to my thinking.

Much Peace...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I went to the Walmart near by to get some meat, bread and charcoal. It was crowded that's for sure. As far as any craziness, none that i saw. Police were in the parking lot for what looked like a pretty good fender bender, but that was it.

I did all my Black Friday shopping on lnie. I really hate shopping in stores.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Black Friday topic posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join