It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah, sure, I'd like a girlfriend. Just like i'd like a Lamborghini.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I just suggest I have chocolate...
Chicks love chocolate

If that doesn't work, I do have a line "I have learned how to snap a small leaf off a tree with a single tail whip.".
That typically seals the deal.

Doesn't work for all crowds...disclaimer.
weigh the leather to denim ratio.

Ever considered just doing what you enjoy and making female friends in areas that you already have an interest in? Dating sites are trash (unless it is a specific flavor of dating, in which case..you will get a specific experience).

Doesn't ATS have a dating site? Bunkermates.com or some such?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
You shouldn't hate women for the reasons you list. So many men think women are complicated, but they are not. It is quite easy to understand them once you view the whole picture on the basis of instinct and reproduction. Women are pickier for a reason; a biological reason. And the reason why women always treat the nice guy one way, and the jerk another, is that attraction is not something the women choose to have. They like the nice guy, and may even date him, because their head is telling them this is the kind of person they need to be with.

But in reality, because of their instincts and biology, they are magnetically drawn to a guy who attracts them. This is usually something that happens for no apparent reason, but there are subtle reasons behind this. So you do not "get" women, rather you "attract" them. Sort of like fishing I guess, lol. You can go buy fish at the store, or you can go fishing in the pond. Wait...What I'm saying is that you have to draw them to you, instead of going after them.

And it does not matter what women say they want most of the time. And by trying to please a woman you barely know by giving in to her every desire is not attractive to her. This behavior shows that you are weak, and weakness is the opposite of what you should be portraying. Money is one thing women are attracted to, but for most it is not a necessity that you be rich. Good looks can sometimes help, but women aren't wired as much as men for going after looks. The most important thing is personality in a guy. And that is great news for most guys, considering your personality is something that you can change more easily than some of the other things that attract women.

Even if she asked you to come over, and even if you wanted to, tell her no. Or rather tell her you're comfortable, and that she can come to your place. Do not give in as much with anything, especially when you do not know each other well. But that does not mean you cannot be "nice." The real secret, or trick if you will, is that often times being "mean" is what the woman really wants. It is what makes her feel good inside. But the key is to know when you are really being hurtful, and when you are being mean in a good way. Sometimes this is more playful, but sometimes it is much more subtle. I cannot explain it all that well, and although it sounds cryptic or counter-intuitive, this has been my experience.

Something I learned a long time ago was this: the best way to get a girl is to not want one. Having the mindset that you are not trying to impress or get a girl to like you is half of the battle, because instantly you will behave differently. But there are many other important factors as well, and some of them can be changed for the better just by improving your life. If you value yourself more, it will show on the outside, and will be more attractive. And if you are not the confident guy that women like, fake it until you make it. It really works if you can keep at it. Carry yourself like a confident person, slow down your speech and deepen your voice just a bit. Doing this all the time will get you used to it, but the key is to constantly remind yourself to do it.

Tell yourself that you're valuable. But never insult a woman, even if you think she deserves it. Especially in front of other women. There are a ton of "rules," but they are mostly common sense once you understand how women think and why they do the things that they do. I hope this helped you at least a little bit. The best advice I think you could get right now, and I don't mean this is a bad way, but stop whining! lol. Be bold and confident, and do not let anything bother you. Make your life more about YOU, and you will see improvement. You have to learn to balance being a jerk and rude or offensiveness, as the latter is not attractive to women. The best way to do this is to use humor as much as possible. Also, find areas of your life that you would like to see improvement, aside from women, and improve those aspects first. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I heard in some commercial we accept the love we think we deserve. This is all too true. You will only really get something if it is truly for you and you're ready at the moment in time that it presents itself. Otherwise an intimate human connection, relying initially upon the theoretical construct of delicate and fussily fleeting feelings will more than likely wriggle and slip it's way out of your grasp and down the stream, free to shimmer brightly to catch the eye of an experienced fisherman who's has a surer grip on his weathered rod. It is trickery at its most primitive form; charm and charisma in its more developed stage. Since everyone is always changing their mind, and most people aren't quite the same from day to day, if it's meant to happen.......then it's meant to happen. While you wait for something real, try switching something up to take some pressure of yourself. If you get lucky a few times, you might gain an entirely more stable outlook and approach on the opposite sex. And people are getting lucky all of the time. Don't just wiggle a toe in and expect women you fancy to notice and remark on how polite you're being by not intruding with your whole smelly foot. You're a man, you can act like one.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

MBA grads don't keep saying the word "UMMMM" in their sentences. This girl is stupid and definitely not educated. LMAO

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

The most important thing is personality in a guy. And that is great news for most guys, considering your personality is something that you can change more easily than some of the other things that attract women.

from women, and improve those aspects first. Good luck.

Yes, there's nothing more that a woman likes than to be lied too. Lied to so well that it doesn't interfere with her being able to lie about you in her head too. Then go lie to all her friends about who you are.

If you can manage to lie to her long enough. And good enough, you should be able to get her to drink the Orange Kool-aid with roofies in it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

You might try handling the next one like you do that plane... gently. No sudden moves on the stick. Pay attention to your instruments, land ... gently.

A good measure of tests up front are in order too. Two of which is that trick from the movie (I can't remember the name). Open the car door for her and walk around to the other side, if she reaches over and unlocks your side...

Some might think this weird... fart and or burp in here presence and see her reaction. I don't mean rip one, I mean a little, polite one. If she giggles...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I don't mean rip one, I mean a little, polite one. If she giggles...

Dude, I don't know any farts which have been known to be "polite" hahaha

The best is to let go one of the silent but violent ones....see her reaction and then look the other way.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Im not going to change who I am to get a girl. Thats just ridiculous to me.

So sorry that Im a good guy who cares about peoples feelings. Awful isnt it?

But hey, dont worry. You can find a guy in 5 minutes who is actually playing hard to get so you will be attracted to him. Remember a few decades ago when it was girls who played hard to get? Yeah. Guys do that now. Congratulations.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I don't want to sound like a dick here but...

If you're having a hard time scoring a chick, honestly, you're doing something wrong. I can't get terribly close to your picture but it doesn't look like you're a bad looking dude. Keep the beard tight and clean cut and change your style a little bit...

Buy a few new pair of new age jeans (not skinny jeans either), a few nice collared button down shirts and some matching shoes, maybe slightly dressy but not too much. You don't need to tuck the shirt in either but keep the sleeves pulled up. Buy you a very attractive cologne (nothing under $40) and keep your male parts down there trimmed up because after a few nights out like that, you'll at least get a major part of what you want, accomplished...and this may eventually (albeit not the best way for a relationship to start) lead to the other end that you're seeking (...the cuddling and whatnot..)

EDIT : And for the people who "refuse to change themselves for a girl" ...

Changing your personality is a definite no no ... but changing how you carry yourself and present yourself should be something you're open to, otherwise you may be forever alone...
edit on 25-11-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Real ladies men learn to do without.
Its kinda like trying to call a housecat over to be petted. You call its name and pat your lap and it slowly struts away. The minute you ignore it though, its on your chest with its ass in your face lol.
I wish it were that simple for Lambos.

Haha, this post says it all. Stop being the 'nice guy' because that's not what most girls want. It's what they say they want, but that's because of what society expects of them.

You can still be a nice guy while playing the jerk. It's just all in how you interact with them. Treat them like they have something to prove to you, instead of the other way around.. which, in all seriousness, if you had any confidence you'd act that way anyways.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I've read through the thread, and this is killing me. Before I continue, I'm a dude.

Ok. Op, and many others, you speak of women as if you were big game hunters, or fishermen exchanging tips and techniques about some curious exotic creature with a vagina. You're all lumping women into catergories and what you need to do to get this or that, comparing them with hookers, cars and whatnot, and frankly I'm not surprised that the op can't get a girlfriend.

Reality Update : women are not objects to be collected, or prey to be caught.They are human individuals with qwirks and good sides, just the same as any other human being, males included. Relationships with women are the same as any other relantionship with any other human being. No wonder you're not "getting a girl", and frankly with the kind of mindset you have, even if you did "get a girl", it would be a fairly **itty relationship.

Start considering women like other people instead of a different species, and that might be start. There are no magical ways to unlock womens undies, and just because you have a *ick and you paid for Mc Donalds doesn't mean that you're entitled to get in them anyways.

Jeez. It's scary the way most of you think of women. Really. Frightening. It says a lot about human interaction today. I thought this was the 21 st century, turns out you people are still stuck in the 19 th.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Ismail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I agree with what you say Totally.
I think its some primitive thing.
They want a Alpha male who's the top dog.

but always end up cheating on the nice guy with some jerk. They always whine and moan about these jerks and wonder where the nice guys are, but the thing is, they've destroyed the nice guys because we've all become jerks because that's what they want.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
A Lamborghini looks hot, but is very expensive not just to buy, but also to maintain. They are not reliable and are very uncomfortable. Own one for a few years and you'll inevitably be looking for something different to reignite that excitement. Trust me, eventually you will end up with something basic, reliable, affordable, easy to maintain, fun, dependable and something that you can never part with. Double entendre there somewhere.

Clean yourself up, get in shape..work out, know how to 'man groom'. Go to Marshall's get some nice clothes, do your nails...and feet. Be optimistic, upbeat, and fun to be around. Learn how to cook three dishes very well. Keep a tidy home and have a good work ethic. Forget about the Lambo, and wait for the right one to drop in your lap. She will.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

You didnt read the whole thread did you?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still Naive?
I don't want to sound like a dick here but...

If you're having a hard time scoring a chick, honestly, you're doing something wrong. I can't get terribly close to your picture but it doesn't look like you're a bad looking dude. Keep the beard tight and clean cut and change your style a little bit...

Buy a few new pair of new age jeans (not skinny jeans either), a few nice collared button down shirts and some matching shoes, maybe slightly dressy but not too much. You don't need to tuck the shirt in either but keep the sleeves pulled up. Buy you a very attractive cologne (nothing under $40) and keep your male parts down there trimmed up because after a few nights out like that, you'll at least get a major part of what you want, accomplished...and this may eventually (albeit not the best way for a relationship to start) lead to the other end that you're seeking (...the cuddling and whatnot..)

EDIT : And for the people who "refuse to change themselves for a girl" ...

Changing your personality is a definite no no ... but changing how you carry yourself and present yourself should be something you're open to, otherwise you may be forever alone...

Ok. Ill do it. Sounds like reasonable advice. Theres a bigger version of the pic on adamlee-mi.deviantart.com... by the way

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by smilesmcgee
Hatred of women is probably the reason you don't have a girlfriend.

Like your picture for example. When I saw it, I thought "man with an interesting hobby." or "man who likes that plane," not "rich".

Women are drawn towards men who are confident and happy.
If women are always cheating on you, it isn't just because they are women.

There are still good ones out there.

Thank god. I was unaware until yesterday i had to be rich to fly planes. Hell, i have pictures of myself with a learjet, lol....doesnt mean ive ever been in one...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Thank god. I was unaware until yesterday i had to be rich to fly planes. Hell, i have pictures of myself with a learjet, lol....doesnt mean ive ever been in one...

Get your 'Light Sport' license, it's a lot cheaper. Once you have that and you're solo, rent don't buy. You only pay for the time the motor is running.
Take the girl you will meet in the flight shop for a half hour flight away to a nice lunch or picnic. Half hour flight back, about a hundred bucks, and an experience that will really add to her great day with you.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Human beings in this society get most of their social cues from the mainstream media.... these shows serve as the "Popular Person" whose behaviour everyone tries to emulate.

Women are no exception, nor is their dating behaviour, or predilections.

Consequently, "Nice Guys Finish Last" was coined by a baseball coach, talking about the opposing team.

en.wikipedia.org...

Taking the phrase "Nice Guys Finish Last" as a truism is to completely miss the modern day stimuli of media culture that perpetuates the perspective, and thus forces the herd into compliance with the axiom.

TL;DR

Normal humans do not act like people in our society does, because our culture has been destroyed by corporate media, and scholastic "Lord of the flies" indoctrination.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
First thing you have to do is lose the whiny victim bit. Second, stop blaming women for your lack of success in dating. It isn't their fault you keep striking out.

Be yourself, don't pretend to be something you aren't. If you're a negative guy which it seems like you are you're going to have an extremely hard time finding someone. Try to think of things that make you happy and feel positive, but if you're a hopelessly negative guy, don't try to hide or mask it, own it.

If you're using a dating site be honest about your likes and dislikes, fill out the personality survey completely... don't skip on anything.

Also try hanging out a places that you're interested in and meeting women there.

Approach women like they're a person not some mysterious force in the universe, exactly the way you would a dude you were interested in becoming friends with but add a little extra that lets her know you want more than that. If it goes there, great... if not maybe you got a new friend.

Biggest thing, lose the desperation... don't go on a date reeking of need. The first date should always be simple and casual, coffee or something along those lines it's really like a job interview to see if there will be an actual date.

Get there about 30 minutes before her so that she's walking into your space not vice versa, be reading something that you can make a quick reference to in case you get tongue tied... but something that matters to you, so that conversation begins to flow naturally.

Be yourself, I can't say that enough... no successful relationship will ever develop if you're not.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Um, yeah I did.

A horrifying amount of the replies either add some kind of precious "tip" or ridiculous statement/generalization/comparison about women. Hence my post. Some of the women who responded here had likewise cretinous comments to make, about how women want this or that, when in reality, they can only talk for themselves.

My main point was that as long as you keep lumping everyone together in little marked boxes, then how the hell can you expect to be able to relate to/with anyone ?

"WOMEN" as the monolithic label that you and others seem to paint simply does not exist. Individuals of the female gender do. If you manage to overcome the label and take interest in the person, instead of what you think the person is because she is a woman, maybe you'd have a nice surprise.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join