It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel, Israeli Aerospace Industries... Who Backs Who?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm making this thread to bring awareness what Israel and who Israeli Aerospace Industries(IAI) is dealing with. Also, to ask the question... Who backs who? From what I've gathered to be accepted allied nations seemingly contradicts the following:

Israel Aerospace Industries (Hebrew: התעשייה האווירית לישראל ha-ta'asiya ha-avirit le-yisra'el) or IAI (תע"א ta`a') is Israel's prime aerospace and aviation manufacturer, producing aerial systems for both military and civilian usage. It has 16,000 employees as of 2007. IAI is wholly owned by the government of Israel.

en.wikipedia.org...

Israel and Russia

Has Russia not blocked UN attempts to intervene in Syria? Isn't Syria(it's government) opposed to the nation of Israel, more so... the ideals of Zionism?

Arab-Israeli conflict

In a speech about the 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict in August 2006, Bashar al-Assad said that Hezbollah had "hoisted the banner of victory," hailing its actions as a "successful resistance."[56] He claimed that Arab resistance was growing stronger, and warned Israel that "your warplanes, rockets, and your atomic bomb will not protect you in the future." He called Israel an enemy with whom no peace could be achieved as long as they and their allies (especially the U.S.) support the practice of preemptive war. In the same speech, he also called Arab leaders that have criticized Hezbollah "half-men."

en.wikipedia.org...-Israeli_conflict

Then there's always the entire mixed bag of foreign relations that is Russia and Iran.

With these things being said, why in the world would Israel support Russia's military?

Military collaboration

On 6 September 2010, Russia and Israel signed a five year military agreement.[13][14] In October 2010, Israeli Aerospace Industries signed a $400 million agreement to sell UAVs to Russia. The drones will be assembled in Russia.[15]

Next, is one that I'm fairly confused about. So, I will just present the information and leave out any speculation. I would truly appreciate if anybody has any insight into the following.

In January 2012, IAI announced a sale of $1.1 billion of defense systems to an Asian country. The deal has been signed but the company did not name the buyer. It was reported that the sale will include IAI aircraft, missiles and intelligence technologies.[16]

en.wikipedia.org...

What? Who? I could use logic to figure this out, considering there's only so many Asian countries with the ability to afford investing $1.1 Billion on just defense systems from a single company. Then to consider said buyer's allegiances, just raises too many questions.

All of this can be explained, rationally I'd expect... or not:

Transparency International has rated IAI as one of the least diligent companies in the fight against corruption and bribery.[17]

From IAI wiki-link

Well... any opinions, insight... what have you? Is this profiting off of both sides of a war? So many questions lol.

Thanks in advanced for all replies.
edit on 23-11-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: clarifications

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
hmmm.... very fascinating subject. I'm always very interested in hearing about this kind of thing.

It could be a case of double-dealing war profiteering as you suspect (certainly happens), but I would like to see some more sources for this. The Wikipedia item seems to be relying primarily on the company's own statements, which might not be entirely true. I'll see if I can find anything else, and I'll continue to watch this thread.

Thanks for starting this one !

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I found this---

www.defence.pk...

So there's definitely some talk about it around. It will be interesting to see what else comes up.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This gets a little deeper than I let on... to explain what I mean... read the following:

IAI to supply spy aircraft systems to Turkey - report [Globes, Tel Aviv, Israel]
investing.businessweek.com...||11/11/2012%20 3:34%20PM%20ET||headline||IAI%20to%20supply%20spy%20aircraft%20systems%20to%20Turkey%20-%20report%20[Globes%2C%20Tel%20Aviv%2C%20Israel]||docSource||M cClatchy-Tribune||provider||ACQUIREMEDIA||bridgesymbol||US;BA&ticker=BA

Ok, so who is Turkey supporting now days?

TAI to sell Anka UAVs to Egypt
www.flightglobal.com...

So, in the article it claims that Turkey has cut off Israel, in regards to defense contracts and such... which contradicts what is said in the first article. Which claims that IAI supposedly working with TAI: "The Turkish daily also speculated that the decision to supply the critical devices may also mean an end to Israel's two-year defense exports ban for Turkey"

So wait a minute... Israel is now supporting Turkey and in return, Turkey is supporting Egypt? Does anybody see anything contradictory about Israel supporting an ally of Egypt whom just elected what equates to the Muslim Brotherhood? What?

The same Muslim Brotherhood that opposes Zionism and Israel? What?

I swear, I'm missing something obvious here lol.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

The sources attribute the current backpedaling to hesitation about the deal in the Foreign Ministry and the Prime Ministry's Office, which have yet to give their approval. Washington has also requested clarifications about the deal, which is considered particularly sensitive.

www.defence.pk...

Ok, so I'm not the only one that is suspicious of these contracts, thank goodness, I thought I was in the twilight zone!!! lol

I wonder if Washington used Wiki and Google like I did?

Thank you for the link, will be reading more...
edit on 23-11-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
government owned business? sounds pretty communist to me (oh noez teh red threat!)
.... i dont think this matters too much in fact it may be a ploy if the israeli drones are based on US designs then it could be beneficial to allow russia to invest in them because you already know how to deal with them
kinda doubt it but you never know..... we know so little about this subject there is no merit in discussing it
edit on 23-11-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
government owned business? sounds pretty communist to me
.... i dont think this matters too much in fact it may be a ploy if the israeli drones are based on US designs then it could be beneficial to allow russia to invest in them because you already know how to deal with them
kinda doubt it but you never know..... we know so little about this subject there is no merit in discussing it

That's actually one thought that did cross my mind. The simple strategy of the US and/or Israel arming a potential threat with weaponry and communications that can be easily countered due to the fact that they were designed by ISI. There's only so many bandwidths and ways to encode the signals... designing the technology would seemingly imply knowledge of its means and the means in which to destroy them.

So it could be a win-win. Contracts/Money, advanced knowledge of oppositions military tech.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's getting crazier.. lol

keep in mind the contract previously mentioned... in regards to Turkey and Israel military contracts:

"I say that Israel is a terrorist state, and its acts are terrorist acts."

That unequivocal denouncement of Israel by Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday, made before a conference of the Eurasian Islamic Council meeting in Istanbul, will undoubtedly be shared by many Muslims, while disconcerting Western countries, including the pro-Israel government of Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

www.edmontonjournal.com...

top topics

join