It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im worried that the end of the world is not coming.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Its all in how you play the cards. Stop seeing yourself as a victim and look at yourself as someone who has choices.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Go out and enjoy yourself. You don't need a lot of money to have fun, you need a positive attitude. People enjoy being around others that have a positive attitude, they are afraid that the gloom may rub off. Not many people have a perfect life with no stress. They learn to make light of their problems. If you feel that you need lots of money to have fun, you are mistaken. I can have fun cooking breakfast if my attitude is right. I can have fun splitting wood or tending the trees on my property. If you are expecting that only certain things can be fun then you are misguided, you have been conditioned by the capitalistic society we live in. All you need to have fun is a piece of string and a hook, Nature can supply the rest to go fishing. My granddaughter made a pole out of a piece of wood, two long bread ties, and a hook. She caught a couple of trout in the stream and said it was the most fun she had fishing so far. Give a kid a box and watch them have fun with it. get out a knife and cut a window and door in it and use crayons to decorate it with the kid. Cost? value of the fun? If you are not secure than you will desire only what others are doing to be having fun. Be a leader, not a follower. Even if it is only your life you are leading you have won.

Stay honest and don't steal from others. try to treat others as you would want to be treated, with respect. What you need to do is to let go of your doom and gloom and start over. It is 2012, the time of awakening not the time of gloom. If you lower the expectations you have imposed on yourself you can enjoy life. I am proud to say I am a nobody. Nobody pays their bills, nobody is honest. Nobody cares for this world....see, I am nobody.
When I was a little girl my chore was to clean off the table after each meal. I would soap up a sponge and apply it to the whole table. When the table was full of suds I would use my fingers and Iceskate my hand all over the table. I did loops and turns and had such fun. I was cleaning off the table.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I made a house out of a microwave oven box for my cat. Two doors and a window. She loves it. Last week we bought a new toaster by the same maker (proctor silex) so we had another black and orange box. Mia got an addition to her house. She actually picks up her little toys and puts them in her house. Sometimes she takes all her toys and puts them in the bathtub. See how simple pleasures can make a life worth living. Just remembering her doing these things makes me smile.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

What information do you have that you say its more likely that something will happen ?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
The world, as we know it will end...eventually. The planet will die along with humans, animals and plants. It is only a matter of time...not if, but when. In time, our planet, our solar system, will be nothing more than remnants of cosmic dust. And there isn't anything anyone can do about it.

True but we are probably only now nearing middle age for the planet. It still has a few billion years of life left in it. Whether man will be around that long is another thing. This planet has had many incarnations and we are only one of them.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Love getting to the end of a thread only to find I have been alone and talking to myself the whole time.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Chances are, whatever catastrophic event would disrupt us enough to toss us back into the stone age, you, myself, and everyone on ATS (statisically speaking) would die in the first wave.

So, ultimately, your longing for death...

That is easily resolved.

If you however want to tough it out...that is also easy..just pack up a backpack full of items, find some deep woods, and go there...make sure to burn all bridges (maybe ruin your credit or something) so that there is nothing but stress going back to civilization...then enjoy your post-apoc dreamland of scrounging for food and whatnot..maybe you can luck out and find a uninhabited cave.

This is like someone living in utah wanting the world to flood just so they can live on the beach...
Why not just move to the beach...

So ya...either get to the forest, or accept that you will have to deal with responsibilities if you want to live in society...such is life..your choice, but don't moan when you choose.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

I used to build tents out of blankets and chairs when I was a kid. It went from that to building cardboard houses. I became a builder years after leaving college, going back to building houses.
We are spoiling the kids now adays, they need to learn to create things with raw materials instead of getting a fully made toy. Not many kids even build model cars or planes anymore, they just use already created programs on a computer. This dependency on others is going to make some people richer while most people will struggle to live.

Even cats don't need bought houses, they enjoy a paper bag or old box. One of our cats always goes into a shoebox that is way too small for him. He has had that box since he actually fit in it many years ago.

Making life enjoyable is an attitude thing. If you hate what you do, change your attitude and make it interesting. If you are doing something that you hate because you feel it is not morally right, look for some other job, there should be jobs that fit everyone in this country, not just jobs where you have to convince others or contribute to others to overextend their debt to complicate their life.
edit on 24-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

First world problems. There are tons of people who would call you and idiot and punch you in the face because their reality is what you are wishing for.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope

The reason why the majority of the replies on here are all the same ridiculing, false comforting, condescending, etc etc is because they don't know your pain. They are still asleep completely oblivious to what is really going on. Its like trying to describe the pain of being shot, or burning alive to someone who has not even or only scraped there knee.

What is really going on then?
Planet X? nope. Short of a sudden zombie apocalypse, the new year will come and go with no issue.

Doomsday cults have been around since people have been clever enough to articulate their own thoughts. Once this latest date comes and goes, a new date will be set up..if there is one norm, is that people will demand things are not normal and its all going to come crashing down.

What the ops, and perhaps yourself, is feeling is simply bordom..a life unfulfilled and without direction. So, instead of getting direction, its better to just have the thought of opportunity removed from you and make the current mindset of just survive equal to everyone...it is envy if you think about it..envious of people who have figured out their drive in life.

With all of the hype surrounding December 21 2012 its only natural to be disappointed IF nothing happens, but dont worry theres more of a chance something happening than not. So just ignore everyone who is telling you that you need meds, or that you need to look at the bright side, or who's calling you selfish etc, just ignore there meaningless empty words.

Do you see any irony in your first paragraph saying everyone is asleep, then this paragraph telling someone to ignore what people say, no matter how helpful (or not) they are?
Sounds to me like your the one encouraging nap time.
And no...there is not "more chance of something happening than not" in any measurable way outside of perhaps a few neat end of the world partys popping up...

It seems you are heading in the right direction

If by right, you mean depression and potentially suicide, then sure.

but not sure of which path to take, and now you are at a cross road. Well allow me to show you which path to take. You may have lost all hope,

in death...his hope is for most of the world to simply die brutally...for children, parents, grandparents, strangers, friends, YOU, everyone to simply die so nobody can turn power plants on or whatnot..
yes..instruct him to find that glimmer of psychotic hope he yearns for (I recommend reading zombie books)

and you have every valid reason to do just that, but I shall show you what really matters. I know I have the correct answer and information you are seeking.

I sense a book.
ATS does not allow spam...and certainly not people trying to prey on mentally unstable people for whatever purposes (cult or doomsday "kits" your going to be trying to give out).
If its simply information...give it out..this is after all the place to do it.
Unless your nervous some info you give out may be proven false...

Red flags are popping up about you.

Feel free to PM if you want to know the truth.(That goes for anyone else who feels the same way as op.)

-your- truth...not objective truth..else again, you would post it here (or a different thread of yours)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
Love getting to the end of a thread only to find I have been alone and talking to myself the whole time.

Imagine getting to the end of life and finding out the same thing

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

My only reply to that is, kill yourself if that is how you feel. If you're not going to be bothered expending the energy to TRULY change your situation for the better then you may as well end it. But don't wish that on the entire Earth.

I actually hope aliens arrive, but even that in itself presents a major risk because if the stories in Ancient history are correct then these guys aren't really nice, they're just here to serve their own purposes, and they're elitist and require us to serve them, which ain't gonna be good if we don't conform. They may also be accompanied by violent Giants who go around raping everything they can. Men, Women, Children. But the selfish side of me wants to know if they really exist. The selfish side of me wants to know the truth about them, and by that I mean experiencing it first-hand.

But it's the selfish side of me that is buried because it's the selfish side of people that bring them to do the worst in human behaviour. It's selfish to want the world to end. It's selfish to want change to happen without your direct effort to change things for the better.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Ask for a slight pay increase or maybe more hours?
Is there any extra education you can obtain that may assist you in moving up within the company?

There is always a way.

You may not have thought of it yet but the fact you enjoy what you do and you enjoy the people you work with means despite the fact your income is lower than you want that negative factor is compensated by the other two, so no doubt you'll still continue to work there, because you're still happy there.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There will be enough doom in 2013 to fulfill your darkest fantasies.

The economy, government debt, spending and implementation of new laws and regulations+taxes, growing unemployment and dependence on government, economic collapse and chaos when conflict in the ME causes a major energy crisis, and surge in oil prices... maybe.

But that is the more optimistic outlook.

If we survive the first quarter of 2013, we might make it.

Live until you die, you can only deal with what is on your own plate, or the lack thereof.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by SpearMint
THE WORLD WILL NOT END ON THE 21ST DECEMBER.

The only people that ever said it would are nutters on conspiracy sites.

I'm glad your so sure about this. I'll laugh my ass off at people like you if the "nutters on conspiracy sites" are right.

Well let's see who's laughing on the 21st December shall we? I am sure, because all the theories are based on conjecture. Believing the stories made up by people on sites like ATS is like believing the Bible.
edit on 24-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You create your own reality. The more negative you are the worse time you'll have. The only thing stopping you from being happy is you.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
All the hype about the end of the world, you gotta wonder if some people maxed out all their credit cards thinking they don't have to worry about ever having to pay if back.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My life has been pretty crappy lately but after a conversation with a co-worker, I realize, things are looking up.
The future is getting better and we are gonna be okay.
Which is great news, because I will def. starve to death should something happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Commenting so I can ponder this later

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
At the moment I am up in Northern Alberta working 30 days straight in the freezing cold. Life is what you make of it. Tell yourself you're depressed, and guess what you'll be depressed.

Enjoy the little things. Smile, Laugh, Love. Bring this date on already!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join