It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im worried that the end of the world is not coming.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Cheer up, if you've been spending a lot of time and money prepping for disaster, perhaps your skills can save you money by being less dependent on others for your food or supplies. Perhaps you can sell some of your supplies.

Maybe you will still get to use those supplies if a local disaster hits your area. You might even be able to help save a friend or two who wasn't as wise as you to stock up for an emergency.

If work has you so stressed that you're ready for it all to end, try to relax. It's our own thoughts that make us tense and anxious. So what if all the work someone says needs to be done doesn't get done. Are you going to get fired? Wouldn't that end a lot of the stress if work is causing the stress? Maybe we need to dial down the work load and stress if it's too much. I'm a bit familar with that because I've been trying to fill in for someone who left a position while trying to do my current job and there are not enough hours in the day. They aren't paying me enough. However I still have my job. It seems like everytime I let myself get stressed out, some major disaster strikes somewhere. That makes me wonder if I'm really in a coma or some realistic virtual reality world that I created especially when everything seems peaceful when I am relaxed and calm. The end of the world might come if I woke up. Don't worry though, I already dreamed I killed off this world and ended up recreating it about 6 or 7 times already. That was one amazing dream.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by domasio
It's a bit worrying that you were hoping that the world would end for everyone, just because you were having a tough time...

I hear that a lot on here, people absolutely gagging for a big apocalyptic event, just because they want their own suffering to end.

What about those of us that don't want it to end? What about those of us that are happy to live a life being poor, it's not like it's a bad thing, as long as there is water, a small amount of food and a roof, there is nothing to really complain about tbh.

I'm glad somebody said it. Thanks man.

This will probably get censored, as is the norm on ATS when people speak their mind, but OP is a bit of a bastard. Sorry OP, but it's true. I find your post insulting to every single person on this planet that wants to live, and I'm sure many others here feel the same. You think that just because your life is in shambles everybody else should be wiped out too? You think that just because life didn't turn out as you expected that every single person on this planet should meet their demise? All the hopeful ambitious kids out there who are just starting life and looking forward to the many decades of discovery and wonder ahead of them? All the happy families who want to see their children grow and prosper? People like you secretly hope for some disaster to occur beyond their control because they are too cowardly to drop a toaster in a bathtub. Leave innocent people out of it.

You're a weak coward and you know it. I want those words to play over and over in your head like a looped tape as you try to sleep tonight.

Yeah, I probably seem like a jerk too after writing this, but it just gets to me when somebody more or less says that they want a world full of innocent people to get wiped out just because they aren't content.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
why do you attack the OP i understand him, and i feel his same way. stop saying "oh yeah i been where your at man" you dont mean it with sincerity, you mean it like condescending and are above all that now. if your all so sure about reality and have it all straight and control your lives so well, then why even bother? he doesnt need the negativity. i understand because im the same way as you OP, deep down i do want the world to end, and what all these self enlightened super intellectuals say is true, i am selfish. or am i? maybe ive immersed myself into doom fantasy for so many years and am faced with the reality that its not happening, maybe thats a little scary, and maybe wanting the world to end is the only way i know how to deal with it, stick to the plan you know? theres going to be many people killing themselves around that time, and there are going to be people close to that, but not just there yet, trying to find a reason to move on to live, and im in that category. yeah people can say things about 3rd world countries and all that, and yeah im fortunate with my life, but still the reality i live is scary come dec 22nd, very scary and a hard dose of reality i dont really wanna swallow. maybe thats what the OP is saying, he doesnt need anybodies elitist comments. i understand you OP and i too want it to end, no i dont want everyone to die, no i dont want that, but really everybody dying "end of the world" style stuff to me is like the world joining hands and all commiting suicide, id rather not do it alone, id rather not off myself as ive contemplated ever more frequently. thats why i say "2012" has taught me alot already, alot about myself, the darkness and horrible person within, and the man i really am deep down, is not a man im happy with. and i realize im either gonna have to take a one way trip to hell with him soon, or break up with him and start life anew and try to figure it all out. looking in the mirror seeing a man i dont know, a man who says "this is what you been waiting for your whole life". one thing i know for sure OP, when 2013 is here, im never getting into the doomsday garbage again, ever, because it ruins lives, mine being an example. so i feel you bro i do. dont sweat these oh so intelligent individuals because at least your honest with yourself, at least you have no bull# to hide.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again, There are a lot of movies coming out in the next few years like the Hobbit trilogy etc. that I want to see, so it better not end soon!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Are you gonna sit there and be the problem? Or are you gonna be the solution? Get up and out and on with your life and off of Internet Conspiracy Forums and make a change.

"Be the change that you want to see in this world" Ghandi

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

You're not alone in that school of thought. I feel very much the same way. I really don't have any definite answers for you...guess we can only wait and see what happens.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
Is it just me....but I was kind of banking on it all coming to an end soon...My life has always been a series of crises punctuated only by droughts of the mundane. Sure there are a few laughs...i mean you gotta laugh at the big joke life is afterall.
Well Im not one of these who believe in the rapture or anything like that..or aliens coming down to save us...i was just hoping someone or something like a huge asteroid impact... would pull the plug on this ridiculous farce of a rat race...and reset it all back to the stone age...or something like that...I might even enjoy learning how to hunt my food and not have to shower every day....or be forced in to crappy employment...pay bills....be sucked of all life and enthusiasm etc etc.....and etc etc...etc....etc.....
Well its under a month until the supposed and much hyped end...but i just aint feeling it...and I can only see more B.S. and misery in store in 2013.
This is how I feel...no doubt this thread will be moved to the bin....

I am right there with you...very tired of Work, Bills, Mundane life day in and day out! I was really hoping for a Zombie apocalypse, but I guess I will take any type of post apocalyptic world! The only thing I want to worry about is surviving!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You all should be ashamed of yourselves. Do not attack this person and beat him down because he has lost hope. I am damn sure at some point most of you have too...I know I have.

My loss of hope was less to do with my personal crisis and more to do with the pain and suffering in the world around me. If you can turn a blind eye to the agony of others...well...I guess good for you. There was a time that I too felt that "the only way to fix it is to flush it all away".

I once read a book back in the early 80's called "Venus on the half shell"...short summary. In the far future, the earth is nearly destroyed so this guy gets in a super space ship and takes off across the universe...wanting to know the answer to the base question "Why is mankind born to suffer and die?" He traveled all over the universe and eventually found the oldest race...the first ones...giant evolved cockroaches who knew the Creator. he asked them "Why did the Creator make us only for us to suffer and die?"...their answer?...."Why not?" The last two words of the book.

I have came to the conclusion that as long as I can find something to laugh about everyday...then that was a good day. My life isn't perfect and I struggle at times as well but if I can laugh...even at myself...it gives me power over the problem.

I get you OP...do not let others make you feel worse. I understand that you look around you and you see consumerism driven happiness...you see suffering and pain and death and it feels like the only way the world can be a better place is if we have a re-boot back to the time before corrupt civilization...I get it. The only problem is...there is no perfect human so there will be no perfect society. Greed, gluttony, envy, lust, anger, vanity, selfishness...are all "in us"...we can struggle within ourselves to control these things, but they never go away...and getting "knocked back to the stone age" is not going to fix the human animal...that comes from within the individual. Fix them within yourself and be an example...let the world see it can be done.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I know how you feel, and more n more each day I wish and am still prepping to leave this hell hole of a system, where there are more, you can't do this and you can't do that, but we'll let you do this....Sorry I can think for myself since I am me and I only know whats best for ME,

All I need is 10 acres or less depending and I'll be in heaven and away from all the stupid people that surround me.

So yeah I'll be bummed if something doesn't happen on or around this end of an era that will not happen again for 26,000 yrs

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Is it just me....but I was kind of banking on it all coming to an end soon...

Hey nothing stopping you personally from starting early man...

IRM

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Everyone has their own private 'end of the world' when they die.

If you are so bored with the 'mundane' then I suggest you go out and make good use of your time. Volunteer to help liberate people from oppression and dispair and hunger. Go do something with your life instead of waiting around to die.

(unless you are physically or mentally incapable of doing that ... some of us simpy don't have the health to be able to)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Go do something with your life instead of waiting around to die.

I believe the OP was talking in the sense of Life as we know since the OP stated

I might even enjoy learning how to hunt my food and not have to shower every day

I feel the OP, I am not depressed, I have a job and a roof over my head! But I am tired of THIS life, not living just: Happy New Year, Bills, Work, Sleep, Happy New Year, Bills, Work, Sleep, Happy New Year, Bills, Work, Sleep...and on, and on, and on!
edit on 11/24/2012 by Djayed because: Quote OP

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I understand the OP entirely and I too was hoping for an apocalyptic resolution to 2012.

As much I would like to believe 21/12/2012 marks the dawning of a new age of spiritual enlightenement and a shift in human consiousness I just don't see that as being possible for the majority of the human race. The majority of the human race are aggressive and competitive beings only concerned with their own self preservation at all costs even or especially if it is at the expense of other weaker beings. This is how the human race has always been and how it always will be and thus I cannot reconcile any of these overly optimistic 'new age' theories regarding a shift in human consiousness with the abject reality of human existence as I experience it. So this being the case I have found myself welcoming the idea of the complete obliteration of the human race whether it be by their own making which is always a possibilty or by some external agency such as Nibiru but the latter alas seems to be wishful thinking.

Throughout my entire life I have been savagely bullied, ridiculed, mocked and rejected by other human beings for no other reason than being an overpolite, sensitive and quiet person and this has made me increasingly distant and skeptical of the human race as a whole. It seems to me that life is reserved for cruel and bullying people who take what they want and don't mind who they walk over in the process of getting it and the few truly good and selfless people that still exist (and there aren't many of us left) are bulled and treated by the majority of the human race as objects of derision and easy targets for people to take their own latent frustrations out on. My life has lost all meaning and purpose and I find myself socially rejected and ignored by human beings (which is no great loss to me) and I am now drifiting aimlessly and 21/12/2012 is a date that I had invested in as a possible end to all my woes.

Alas though as we grow ever closer to that date I see no evidence that anything meaningful outisde of human hysteria will occur and I certainly put no store in any of these false 'new age' theories about 'acension' even though I find them very appealing I see no evidence that acension is possible or real? I would like someone to prove otherwise but I doubt anyone shall be forthcoming. So the only other option I saw was the apocalyptic doomsday scenario which would annihilate the human race showing them to be a meaningless and insginficant aberration in an otherwise cold, random and mechanical but fair universe.

edit on 24-11-2012 by fadedface because: spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I have a lot of anxiety...about life...and ive noticed the older i get the more anxious i get over things....I know if i went to a doctor he would put me on medication...but medication only nubs people...it does not fix the problems we get in life...and as i said...the longer i live the more stresses and problems i keep getting thrown at me...

Go see a doctor. Your anxiety is an adjustment disorder, and your negativity will destroy you.

Those people who depend on you??? They need you to be healthy. Get some help.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The age of industrialized society and consumerism will end sooner or later. It just isn't sustainable. Humanity will survive that ending but our social structures and so forth will not. We have gone too long without wisdom...our collective foolishness will bring down this age of novelty. Not an asteroid.

Unfortunelty that means things will move gradually. This stupid age won't end at a stroke of midnight but it will end nontheless.

edit on 24-11-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Is it just me....but I was kind of banking on it all coming to an end soon...My life has always been a series of crises punctuated only by droughts of the mundane. Sure there are a few laughs...i mean you gotta laugh at the big joke life is afterall.
Well Im not one of these who believe in the rapture or anything like that..or aliens coming down to save us...i was just hoping someone or something like a huge asteroid impact... would pull the plug on this ridiculous farce of a rat race...and reset it all back to the stone age...or something like that...I might even enjoy learning how to hunt my food and not have to shower every day....or be forced in to crappy employment...pay bills....be sucked of all life and enthusiasm etc etc.....and etc etc...etc....etc.....
Well its under a month until the supposed and much hyped end...but i just aint feeling it...and I can only see more B.S. and misery in store in 2013.
This is how I feel...no doubt this thread will be moved to the bin....

you don't want the world to end, you want society as we know it to end, because it's a diseased and sick society and that's understandable.

our current lives revolve around paying the bills, raising the kids (if applicable) and staying alive, that's really it. we have lost so much over the centuries it's abominable. we have lost family, we have lost caring about each other, we have lost working together, we have lost taking care of each other.

all we do now is eat or be eaten and that's pretty much the extent of our relationship with the people around us and in many cases it finds it's way into homes as well. siblings constantly vying for attention, resources etc.

there was a time when families lived together, big families of many generations caring for and taking care of each other, a time when grandparents weren't forgotten in some hole in the wall old folks home. where kids had their great grand parents to teach them and they had their aunt's and uncle's always around to help them have fun and learn. when someone would begin to go down a dark road they had huge amounts of support to aid them in changing their path. now people just ignore each other and text their friends who actually aren't their friends so much these days, just some to text with.

we live in a dog eat dog society and it must change or we are all done for and i think that's what you want to end.

the good news is that everyday you wake up, the world is a little different and has been that way for billions of years and will continue to be for many more. our society's have been in constant change since time began. our current society is in a state of change right now. look at any financial, earth data and you will begin to see how this current society is on the brink of great change. our lifestyle, but more so our way of treating each other is coming to a close because it's unsustainable in it's current form.

i don't think you or anyone else wishes hardship or death on anyone really, but we need our society to change back to caring about each other instead of competing\existing on and for, what is left.

little by little our society is changing for the better as more people question the things our government and each other do. they are becoming wise to the ponzi scheme life the banks\governments have set us up to live in. a life of separation, uncaring, low resources, constant debt, menial careers where most people do what they do for the money and not because they enjoy it.

we will get there from here at least that's how i feel. i think a world where people really care about each other and not about money or power, would be a great place to live and i think collectively we will find it.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

And it's not like Nibiru would can be unnoticed at this date and time.....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
People like you make me sick. Your unhappy, so you want us all to suffer.

Its its hilarious you actually think you will be better off. Why do you think all the bad things of the apocalypse will pass you by and leave you to hunt and fish in peace? Hell, you admitted you don't know how to hunt in to OP. Are you really that naive add to think you are just going to go all Rambo the minute the bombs fly?

Grow up. You're life is much easier now. You have a warm place to stay, food, and a computer. Life sucks, huh?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
THE WORLD WILL NOT END ON THE 21ST DECEMBER.

The only people that ever said it would are nutters on conspiracy sites.

I'm glad your so sure about this. I'll laugh my ass off at people like you if the "nutters on conspiracy sites" are right.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I hope for your sake that life doesn't decide to teach you the painful lesson that you would think the same thing in his shoes. Go ahead and think that you are better than that, thinking that will only put you on that track.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join