It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im worried that the end of the world is not coming.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
...My life has always been a series of crises punctuated only by droughts of the mundane. Sure there are a few laughs....

Who's fault is that?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

I feel you brother. (or sister) It's easy for the everyday, mundane, small stuff to pile up so much on you that it becomes one big boulder of a huge weight pressing down on your chest till it feels like you can't even breath, let alone know what to do about any of it. I have been there many times, almost daily in fact

The thing that usually gets me past that stage is the knowledge that in truth what people are trapped by is their own thoughts, in reality nothing is stopping you from just thinking, "I have had enough of this nonsense" throwing your house keys into the Sea, changing your name to Pablo Le Toasterfaall and running bare foot to the other side of the country.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Wow, you are unbelievable selfish. You are having a tough time with life, so you wish that everybody elses would end to give you a little change?

Selfish....maybe I think the best thing for humanity is that it got a wake up call...from the culture of selfishness actually...

No doubt, if something like that did happen, you would feel sorry for yourself that you had to find your food and skin it and cook it, or sleep shivering cold, watching your loved ones die of hyporthermia or eaten by cannibals or what not. Why do you even think that you would survive said astroid impact in the frist place??

Bring on the cannibals...seriously? cannibals? You watch too many movies....most of the third world starve and i dont think they go around eating eachother....

Life is hard, remember that. We are all here trying to make the best of what we can, we all have tough times and good, just because you are in a tough spot at the moment, should not mean that millions should perish.

Yeah life is hard...you got that right.

Grow a back bone and love what you have. The world is a beautiful place with beautiful creatures and people. Step away from your TV, PC and newspaper and go for a walk and just see the humanity that is around in the city, or the peacful nature in the countryside. Should all that perish too??

A back bone...whatever...im all for beautiful people and trees and nature...just tear up all concrete.

I knew i would see these "Im so gutted the world didn't end" threads pop up on here on ATS when 21/12/2012 drew near, too many seemed glued and addicted to doom and gloom around the world. And if you ask me, that is one major problem with the world at the moment, people seem to want catastraphy to make their lives exciting, without considerations to what they already have.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
...My life has always been a series of crises punctuated only by droughts of the mundane. Sure there are a few laughs....

Who's fault is that?

haha yes..its all my fault of course...get real. you play the cards your delt.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
"I have had enough of this nonsense" throwing your house keys into the Sea, changing your name to Pablo Le Toasterfaall and running bare foot to the other side of the country.

Tried that.

I got picked up by the INS and deported. Had a hell of time getting back in.

Talk about being depressed

link   

Go out and enjoy yourself. You don't need a lot of money to have fun, you need a positive attitude. People enjoy being around others that have a positive attitude, they are afraid that the gloom may rub off. Not many people have a perfect life with no stress. They learn to make light of their problems. If you feel that you need lots of money to have fun, you are mistaken. I can have fun cooking breakfast if my attitude is right. I can have fun splitting wood or tending the trees on my property. If you are expecting that only certain things can be fun then you are misguided, you have been conditioned by the capitalistic society we live in. All you need to have fun is a piece of string and a hook, Nature can supply the rest to go fishing. My granddaughter made a pole out of a piece of wood, two long bread ties, and a hook. She caught a couple of trout in the stream and said it was the most fun she had fishing so far. Give a kid a box and watch them have fun with it. get out a knife and cut a window and door in it and use crayons to decorate it with the kid. Cost? value of the fun? If you are not secure than you will desire only what others are doing to be having fun. Be a leader, not a follower. Even if it is only your life you are leading you have won.

Stay honest and don't steal from others. try to treat others as you would want to be treated, with respect. What you need to do is to let go of your doom and gloom and start over. It is 2012, the time of awakening not the time of gloom. If you lower the expectations you have imposed on yourself you can enjoy life. I am proud to say I am a nobody. Nobody pays their bills, nobody is honest. Nobody cares for this world....see, I am nobody.

link   
You could always laugh at other peoples misery!

Hahaha Beezer! Love it that you followed through!!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
You could always laugh at other peoples misery!

Hahaha Beezer! Love it that you followed through!!

It's not beezzer anymore.

It's Pablo Le Tosterfaall.

edit on 23-11-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
2012 Predictions, first I would like to remind everyone that our calendars are off by at least four years, second If the calculations by either the Maya or our Scientists are off by even one degree total that is 72 years.

Nibiru/Planet X can anyone do anything about it? Nope, so why worry about it. If it happens and you are not prepared you’re done or you survive as best you can.

Economic collapse, Yup the economy is swirling around the bowl, but don’t worry it will go down sooner or later, and if it doesn’t, our government will be right there with a plunger.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Wow, you are unbelievable selfish. You are having a tough time with life, so you wish that everybody elses would end to give you a little change?

Selfish....maybe I think the best thing for humanity is that it got a wake up call...from the culture of selfishness actually...

So...A wake up call = millions and millions of deaths? A bit extream for my taste.

No doubt, if something like that did happen, you would feel sorry for yourself that you had to find your food and skin it and cook it, or sleep shivering cold, watching your loved ones die of hyporthermia or eaten by cannibals or what not. Why do you even think that you would survive said astroid impact in the frist place??

Bring on the cannibals...seriously? cannibals? You watch too many movies....most of the third world starve and i dont think they go around eating eachother....

I don't think you understand the term 'what not', it is bassicaly anything inbetween shivering at night from the cold to being chased by cannibals. Does not mean that cannibals will be a certainty, but a possibility.

Life is hard, remember that. We are all here trying to make the best of what we can, we all have tough times and good, just because you are in a tough spot at the moment, should not mean that millions should perish.

Yeah life is hard...you got that right.

Yes, it is. It is this reason why we have sentimental value, value that can not be exchanged because of the benifit certain loved ones have to us that can not be replaced with materials, because they help us get through the tough times. Such as family and friends. Life is hard, but help each other out, and everyone gets by.

Grow a back bone and love what you have. The world is a beautiful place with beautiful creatures and people. Step away from your TV, PC and newspaper and go for a walk and just see the humanity that is around in the city, or the peacful nature in the countryside. Should all that perish too??

A back bone...whatever...im all for beautiful people and trees and nature...just tear up all concrete.

Or...Something much more easier, move away from the concrete. All you need is yourself. And like you said, you would like to find your own food and support yourself. Well, you certainly can't do that in a city where everything is done with money can you? Also, the city has a lot of concrete.

I knew i would see these "Im so gutted the world didn't end" threads pop up on here on ATS when 21/12/2012 drew near, too many seemed glued and addicted to doom and gloom around the world. And if you ask me, that is one major problem with the world at the moment, people seem to want catastraphy to make their lives exciting, without considerations to what they already have.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

P.s. I can't do this quoteing sh** at all
, I trust you can all follow the convo in this post

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i have noticed a lot more coincidences happening to me lately....i dunno if that is an indication of something or nothing...
probably nothing.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Very inventive.... it all goes down a deep black hole doesn't it...your opinions included.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I hear you.
Whenever I start wishing for some huge disaster to rip through the synthetic structures of the world, I always remind myself that I wouldn't be quite so enthusiastic if I happened to be one of those who had to live through the aftermath. (It doesn't usually work, alas.)
You and me just want to see it all gone once and for all, right? We're not really thinking about the whole suffering in the elements aspect... we just want to see the corrupt, pervasive system stomped out of existence.
A lot of people think they live free and joyful. Me, I see corruption and deceit dripping from everything around us.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Exactly...freedom?...show me it sometime...I am astounded that anyone is still holding on to this blatant BS...that its all good...when it clearly is not all good.
And as most of the world live in dire poverty... wouldn't it suggest we already are in a doomsday scenario...it just hasnt hit our front yard...yet...but how quickly people forget about how the whole world really is...its not all good...its a billion miles from being even half fair... and yes something huge needs to change....but people are too selfish to actually change the world and make it fairer or even less polluted.. humanity cant even quit using gasoline.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Do you have a child that has been diagnosed with a terminal disease? Have you lost a child to a terminal disease or tragic accident? Have you yourself, been diagnosed with a terminal disease?

If you lost your job, find a new one. If you lost your house, find a new place to live. If your family and friends are dumping on you, get some distance. Most circumstances in life are very changable.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say but you are the perfect casualty of the 2012 end of the world deception. I'm even more sorry to know that there are many people that feel the way you do, but an end to our beautiful but yet chaotic world is not the answer. I know I have been in your shoes many times and still am from time to time, I mean who isn't with the way things are in the world but you got to rise above that level of consciousness and try to see the bigger picture. Now, take a look at this picture...observe it with your entire being. See yourself in it...and ask yourself if your worries really matter...

Everyone you Love.
Everyone you Know.
Everyone you heard of...Lives here...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

None of us are cut out for this Hat! all of the worlds histories have at least one thing in common. For the most part we have done as did our ancesters, our families and our tribes, generation upon generation.

In our long long history, parents have had the support of slowly changing societies.
This is not what my parents had to deal with nor theirs before them.
What Dr.Spock manual on child rearing was based on any kind of information in how to raise children when the whole world is changing so fast . None?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I sympathize, as I'm sure many can. But things always change, and not always for the worst. You never know what tomorrow may bring.

True, the End of the World would end the suffering if billions of starving men, women and children...but on the bright side...wait...I'm sorry, I honestly didn't intend for this to be satirical. Well, the merchant class elite may fall and things may change. Stranger things have happened.

Or Jesus may return and lead us to a new age of peace, or aliens may come down and set things straight, or a great man (or woman) may rise and guide us to a new time of prosperity. With the Internet, so much truth has come out that in the end the guilty may end up jailed (or worse) and things could be set to rights. There is always hope.

Right..? I think so...why is it hard to be optimistic in a serious way these days?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The world's not coming to an end...

The Cubs didn't win the World Series.

"So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?"

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Some people really dont apreciate life because of their past has been hell, well dont drag humanity down with u dude, i realize theres a lot of reasons why the world may come to an end.. but i can actually think of WAY more reasons why it shouldnt.. humanity has come a long way! We may be chaotic sometimes but we are still learning as a human race!. And thats why i think that who ever is out there watching us.. weather its god, aliens, or a galactic federation.. they understand! So be patient! And hope for better days!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join