It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im worried that the end of the world is not coming.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Is it just me....but I was kind of banking on it all coming to an end soon...My life has always been a series of crises punctuated only by droughts of the mundane. Sure there are a few laughs...i mean you gotta laugh at the big joke life is afterall.
Well Im not one of these who believe in the rapture or anything like that..or aliens coming down to save us...i was just hoping someone or something like a huge asteroid impact... would pull the plug on this ridiculous farce of a rat race...and reset it all back to the stone age...or something like that...I might even enjoy learning how to hunt my food and not have to shower every day....or be forced in to crappy employment...pay bills....be sucked of all life and enthusiasm etc etc.....and etc etc...etc....etc.....
Well its under a month until the supposed and much hyped end...but i just aint feeling it...and I can only see more B.S. and misery in store in 2013.
This is how I feel...no doubt this thread will be moved to the bin....

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackHat

Move to Afghanistan then.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Life is all about choices. When we allow fate to make those decisions for us, we lose control of any desired outcome.

Might I suggest talking to others who have made positive choices, see what you could learn.

It's never that bad.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I was thinking someone might say that.... but to be honest they are too advanced...they even have cell phones and AK47's. and land mines etc...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

No way.

My 9 year old son is a budding Football (soccer) player.
My 6 year old son is the greatest entertainer and isn't afraid to dance in front of anyone, and that boy has rhythm!!!
My nearly 3 year old son is a cheeky little monster but not a day goes by where he doesn't do something that warms my partners and my heart.
My 7 month old son has just started crawling and standing against stuff and now has THREE teeth, his top two are rather gappy....but it's hilarious. His smile would make even the grumpiest person happy.

And my beautiful partner who holds this chaos together while I work. I love her to the ends of this universe.

And my second love, my new car, A 1993 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR. 2.6 ltr Twin Turbo.

If the world ends I'm gonna be pissed. Our family has so much still to live for. I appreciate that life is about lessons and even if you die you may not actually be 'dead' but I'm quite enjoying this physicality.
edit on 23-11-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I hear you man, I have the same problem, well it's not really a problem. I'm too positive so when life doesn't reach my expectations, I crash and everything becomes negative. I've always been in search of absolute. Doesn't exist. Things perish, relationships turn sour, money gets lost and that's it. Nothing lasts.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hey now don't be so pessimistic. Cheer up things could still go to hell. Never underestimate the stupidity of the human condition.

Just think some idiot leader could get a wild hair up his ass and launch a nuke. Or a stray asteroid could slam into the planet. Or a solar flare could wipe out the electrical grid.

I'm banking on the alien thing myself. I figure they'll show up in a few weeks and lead us all to a better future or just eat us like cattle.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's a bit worrying that you were hoping that the world would end for everyone, just because you were having a tough time...

I hear that a lot on here, people absolutely gagging for a big apocalyptic event, just because they want their own suffering to end.

What about those of us that don't want it to end? What about those of us that are happy to live a life being poor, it's not like it's a bad thing, as long as there is water, a small amount of food and a roof, there is nothing to really complain about tbh.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
THE WORLD WILL NOT END ON THE 21ST DECEMBER.

The only people that ever said it would are nutters on conspiracy sites.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Life is all about choices. When we allow fate to make those decisions for us, we lose control of any desired outcome.

Might I suggest talking to others who have made positive choices, see what you could learn.

It's never that bad.

I have a lot of anxiety...about life...and ive noticed the older i get the more anxious i get over things....I know if i went to a doctor he would put me on medication...but medication only nubs people...it does not fix the problems we get in life...and as i said...the longer i live the more stresses and problems i keep getting thrown at me...
and another big one came today...and yes i am on a downer.
And all these problems i get stem from the way modern society is fixated on grinding you down. There is very little actual freedom...and its getting worse and worse.
technology advances but i just see humanity degenerate year on year...id probably do myself in but for the fact i have family who rely on me to absorb all their problems....and the sheer embarrisment of it stops me...but most nights i would rather not wake up to face more crap.
I dont believe in God and so I dont see life as a test or something mysterious...its mostly just random chance...
and more bad than good.
I never thought I would be one of those people who ended up thinking like this...but thats the effect life has had on me..
Im beat...pretty much...I evidently am not cut out for this.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
Is it just me....but I was kind of banking on it all coming to an end soon...My life has always been a series of crises punctuated only by droughts of the mundane. Sure there are a few laughs...i mean you gotta laugh at the big joke life is afterall.
Well Im not one of these who believe in the rapture or anything like that..or aliens coming down to save us...i was just hoping someone or something like a huge asteroid impact... would pull the plug on this ridiculous farce of a rat race...and reset it all back to the stone age...or something like that...I might even enjoy learning how to hunt my food and not have to shower every day....or be forced in to crappy employment...pay bills....be sucked of all life and enthusiasm etc etc.....and etc etc...etc....etc.....
Well its under a month until the supposed and much hyped end...but i just aint feeling it...and I can only see more B.S. and misery in store in 2013.
This is how I feel...no doubt this thread will be moved to the bin....

So what your saying is you want others to suffer because you suffer? nice..(sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Me too I need some time off work

Not with my average in life I will die with my boots on most likely

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The trio of job happiness.

1. A job you enjoy doing.
2. People you enjoy working with
3. The money the job pays you.

Aim for any 2 of these 3 things. If you only have 1 of them, change jobs.

I have all three, didn't finish high school and never went to university.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
don't worry the world will come to an end but we wont know the day or hour but when it does get cracking, it will catch us by surprise.

I feel for you, I really do but we must hold on and embrace eachother kindness and love because its going to get alot worse here soon so hang in there.
edit on 23-11-2012 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You need to see the difference between treating the symptoms vs treating the source.

You're right in that meds would only numb you.

Find the source, or ask for help in looking for the source of the issues.

I'm not saying that they can all be solved, but recognising them would go long way in helping your outlook.

Good luck!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by domasio

What about those of us that don't want it to end? What about those of us that are happy to live a life being poor, it's not like it's a bad thing, as long as there is water, a small amount of food and a roof, there is nothing to really complain about tbh.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I think thats what i basically said...an end to this BS bureaucratic freedom depriving set up we currently live under and have imposed on us from day one.
Do you know how hard they make it for a person to even live "the simple life" these days.. im all for the food..water...roof lifestyle....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wow, you are unbelievable selfish. You are having a tough time with life, so you wish that everybody elses would end to give you a little change?

No doubt, if something like that did happen, you would feel sorry for yourself that you had to find your food and skin it and cook it, or sleep shivering cold, watching your loved ones die of hyporthermia or eaten by cannibals or what not. Why do you even think that you would survive said astroid impact in the frist place??

Life is hard, remember that. We are all here trying to make the best of what we can, we all have tough times and good, just because you are in a tough spot at the moment, should not mean that millions should perish.

Grow a back bone and love what you have. The world is a beautiful place with beautiful creatures and people. Step away from your TV, PC and newspaper and go for a walk and just see the humanity that is around in the city, or the peacful nature in the countryside. Should all that perish too??

I knew i would see these "Im so gutted the world didn't end" threads pop up on here on ATS when 21/12/2012 drew near, too many seemed glued and addicted to doom and gloom around the world. And if you ask me, that is one major problem with the world at the moment, people seem to want catastraphy to make their lives exciting, without considerations to what they already have.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The world will not end. There are just too many commoner peasant slaves (our youngsters) that have yet to enter the workforce and become exploited life-long working-stiffs to the system. So the planet ain't going anywhere yet as there is more blood to squeeze out of the commoner peasants.

What a planet.

edit on 23-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Take one day at a time, friend. Dwell on the good things and think about the gifts you have to give to this world to make it less miserable:

A smile or kind word, whatever you can do even if it only petting your cat. The more you think about others the less important your own worries become. Think about doing something for someone this week that will make their day and then do it. When you take the focus off of "self" your perspective changes in a positive way making life more bearable, perhaps even enjoyable.

Just so you know. I smiled when I saw your post because it is genuine and should not go to the trash bin.

Kind regards,

sad eyed lady

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The lack of that whole END OF THE WORLD shtick is so depressing for some. I guess it's back to being EMOS.

edit on 23-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join