It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what are amercans being spoon fed in school????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
so tonight i was playing the new black ops online and there where amercans in my team, dont get me wrong i do like talking to some Americans, some of them do have brains to pick up a history book
but when my friend joined the game i was playing i started talking to him and the other 4 players ( Amercans ) decided to start abusing me and the other player becasue we are british ( the joys ) they came up with 4 jibes that really pissed me of, they said this

1) we beat your battle hardend soldiers in the American Revolution

wrong they were all recuits we left the best men defending the uk from a false french atack and in the caribbean where are main resource for sugar cane came from and it was the french and spanish that beat us not the americans then diplomatict reasoning came in to play with the french and the fighting stoped, plaese send your thanks to the french

2) we beat you in 2 world wars

wrong we were allies in both

3) we saved you in 2 wars then

wrong in ww1 you did not want to join us the gremans sank a boat full of americans then you joined us for 1 year 1918 - 1919 just in time for the ticker tape parade. better late then never

wrong in ww2 you joined us for 4 years after japan showed you up and took out your navy then you help us take france joint effort on both parts good team work

4) the declaration of independence means we own you!

wrong the declaration of independence means you do not own us, again thank the french for conering us by the coast and giving us a false french atack leaving are troops in the uk

some times ignorance really does anoy me

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
As an American myself, please just flush their words right out of your system. They in no way represent America.

The sad thing is at least for me, that I taught myself more about the subjects that I was taught early in school.

I'm not sure about the younger generations schooling but I would assume it is worse than when I was in school(about 18 years ago).
edit on 11/23/2012 by mcx1942 because: spelling

edit on 11/23/2012 by mcx1942 because: spelling...again

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't know, I may have to question your intelligence playing such a game online with American kids. Hmmm....

You are pretty much correct, they aren't teaching in our schools, they are babysitting whilest doing "activities". American kids also forget EVERYTHING they learned the previous year during Summer vacation, and that input is replaced by online entertainment.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You are correct, they had no idea what they were talking about.
The American educational system has been going down hill since at least 1960, the year I was born.
Every year we fall farther and farther behind the rest of the world in Math and Science at least.

I for one would be very interested in finding out what the British Educational system says about the American Revolution.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by birdyat101

Too be fair , your information is'nt entirely correct either . But it is pretty close and the fellas you were playing against , well that's what they do instead of homework . I mute players like that ! lol takes awhile before they realize they are talking to themsevles . Play on !

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Bunch of kids talk trash to you on an online FPS + Kids were American = Rush to online conspiracy website to talk trash about Americans to people who are uninvolved with your online game disputes.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They were trolling you.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

that's what they do instead of homework
reply to post by letseeit7

You hit the nail on the head. Besides video games being the priority instead of studying and doing homework, texting their friends during class time is also their main priority.

link   

link   
reply to post by birdyat101

Schools teach kids to take standardized tests. Test over, kids forget everything. I laughed out loud when they asserted that we'd beaten you in two world wars. That alone should tell you how much history means in our schools and to our kids.

No, kids here pretty much get brainwashing, babysitting, and obedience training in the schools. If they've learned anything useful, you can be sure it was through their own curiosity or a conscientious parent....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
You are correct, they had no idea what they were talking about.
The American educational system has been going down hill since at least 1960, the year I was born.
Every year we fall farther and farther behind the rest of the world in Math and Science at least.

I for one would be very interested in finding out what the British Educational system says about the American Revolution.

in my school year we did not learn about america i like history so if im stuck on something i will read as much as i can about it we were to busy learning medican through the ages and the tudors britsh subjects really unless you took extra classes

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

tbh i dont really play the game to be good at it i was relaxing after work and it just shows how ignorent some people really are
edit on Fri Nov 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
In order to save money, AND the protect the environment , America has decide to rethink the whole "Melting Pot" idea.
We are no longer melting the whole person. Just their heads. This saves a lot of money, and energy. Especially when melting our infamous Hotheads. They practically melt themselves.

In all honesty, I think all countries have a fair number of Jeenyusses. We're just louder, and we're always right. Always! Dontcha know?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Bunch of kids talk trash to you on an online FPS + Kids were American = Rush to online conspiracy website to talk trash about Americans to people who are uninvolved with your online game disputes.

wrong not trash talking about Americans asking you what your schools are teaching, take your head out your arse and smell the fresh air
edit on 23-11-2012 by birdyat101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

they were on my team so they cant kill me and what facts are wrong?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
In order to save money, AND the protect the environment , America has decide to rethink the whole "Melting Pot" idea.
We are no longer melting the whole person. Just their heads. This saves a lot of money, and energy. Especially when melting our infamous Hotheads. They practically melt themselves.

In all honesty, I think all countries have a fair number of Jeenyusses. We're just louder, and we're always right. Always! Dontcha know?

ha ha ha yer ours are out mugging old ladys lol

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me. Teenage culture in this country is largely one of willful ignorance and stupidity. For some reason, it's cute to be an idiot.

I want to say the majority of folks aren't so stupid, but I'm not sure if I'd be lying. That is to say, I honestly have a hard time gauging it. I do suspect that most people are complete morons though. Especially in history, we're terrible at history; it's one of our most understressed subjects in schools.

But, what another poster said is true, kids are taught to test, not to learn.

Also, please fix your grammar, OP. It's pretty terrible.

Oh, and Ghost, Britain didn't really get its ass handed to it in WW2. That little island withstood the brute force of the Nazi war machine for a good long time and kept fighting. Sure, it was no match for a power that had taken up well over half of Europe and had the resources of those lands, not to mention conscripts and many scientists from Germany's top world class universities, but it held its own.

WW1 was all but won when America joined, we had been helping in other ways though. WW2, we were the turning point, we can take credit for it, but down downtalk Britain for not being able to launch an offensive from an island while dealing with 24/7 Luftwaffe bombs.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
no matter where one goes in the world - real and online one will encounter the inevitable village idiots .... laugh at them and move on ....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Wouldn't surprise me. Teenage culture in this country is largely one of willful ignorance and stupidity. For some reason, it's cute to be an idiot.

I want to say the majority of folks aren't so stupid, but I'm not sure if I'd be lying. That is to say, I honestly have a hard time gauging it. I do suspect that most people are complete morons though. Especially in history, we're terrible at history; it's one of our most understressed subjects in schools.

But, what another poster said is true, kids are taught to test, not to learn.

Also, please fix your grammar, OP. It's pretty terrible.

Oh, and Ghost, Britain didn't really get its ass handed to it in WW2. That little island withstood the brute force of the Nazi war machine for a good long time and kept fighting. Sure, it was no match for a power that had taken up well over half of Europe and had the resources of those lands, not to mention conscripts and many scientists from Germany's top world class universities, but it held its own.

WW1 was all but won when America joined, we had been helping in other ways though. WW2, we were the turning point, we can take credit for it, but down downtalk Britain for not being able to launch an offensive from an island while dealing with 24/7 Luftwaffe bombs.

yer sorry for the grammor its like 3.15 hear lol and yer the germans were only days away from there own d-day we had to rush it lol and you lot helped by sending cargo ships that the german uboats were sinking peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join