It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-Inflicted Armageddon coming to your town?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You're right and I should have differentiated between Capitalism and Crony Capitalism.
The free market isn't really "free" these days.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Glad that got cleared up because you lost me there, too, my friend.

There is no country in the world that practices capitalism. All economies are centrally planned and regulated. Capitalism is simply the voluntary, consenting exchange of goods between two or more parties. Under this system, capital exchange is void from the outside threat of force and therefore guarantees mutual benefit.

Once restrictions or government interventions are applied, it is no longer capitalism but central planning. Once regulations and restraints are applied IT IS NOT CAPITALISM in any sense of the definition. People who claim that it is are playing with definitions and twisting reality to fit their world view. "I'd like everyone to play baseball, but with soccer balls and hockey sticks. But I promise it's still baseball!"

If the revolutionaries of impoverished slums or even Americans themselves understood economics, any desire they might have to fight poverty and create fairness would make them advocates of capitalism. This is because the foundation of world peace requires a policy of laissez-faire, not control. As long as there is control, and the force to implement that control; a lack of voluntary action, and the lack of personal creation of choice, there will never be peace.

<< 1   >>

join