It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Danger of Secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Secrets are damaging (and damning) to society as a whole. Secrets are what happens when the power-hungry cannot gain control simply by asserting themselves as the dictatorial authority. In times past there were less profound secrets, and tyranny bolstered itself with brute force. Fear especially. A psychopath with dreams of being the one to call every shot only had to reach a threshold where his ruthlessness outweighed the aspirations of the masses.

Today that level of control is steadily becoming less prominent, and the elite now have to resort to actually thinking outside their sadistic, greedy, power-singularity of perception. This means more underhanded methods of forcing propaganda, subtle brainwashing, & laying down the foundation for totalitarianism one brick at a time. Except these "bricks" are not layed down all in one spot, or in the open. They're scattered to different corners, in the shadows, converging to the final stage --- where control becomes embedded into the fiber of our society & culture.

Naturally to reach this point, most of everything must be done in secret; and there are multiple forms & levels of this secrecy. The core level of the secret is the origin point, where the most powerful [evil] individuals devise their ambition. This ambition entails a system that terrorizes & oppresses the people under the guise of: protecting people from terror, and even themselves. The irony here is so clear-cut that it's intellectually insulting. Insulting to freedom and liberty, to human nature, to nature itself.

The secrets range from historical, archeological, & technological; to those that act as the construct stripping freedom of its meaning. Secrets are what suppresses specific knowledge that would otherwise have the people revolting against ANY form of arising tyranny. As the secrets perpetuate there's also a greater chance that discovery of such information results in a human revolution. One crack in the dam has the potential to let everything gush forth...and when it does, there will be no more denying it. The true nature of what we are, of where we come from; of this entire contrived economic, political & societal structure. Truth cannot be ultimately denied, only obfuscated.

What do you guys think about secrets, hidden knowledge/information, etc? Will the power-elite be able to sustain it forever?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

The problem I see with it is that when there is an important secret to hide, there are also several disinfo campaigns ready to be spun out in order to deflect from finding the clues or facts. Just trying to figure out the JFK assassination is proof of that, imo.

So until the people who create the secrets fail to have a conscience, I feel we're doomed for more of the same
edit on 23-11-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Very true. To sustain the secrets, especially in this age of information access, there must be diversions. Disinfo, false or outlandish conspiracy theories; perhaps there actually are some very close, if not identical conspiracies. The problem is that it's such a confusing melting pot of psychological trickery, false information, attention-seekers, hoaxers, stigmatization. On-top of that the most elite scumbags don't really care as much about money as they do power. Money fuels their power. It's the coal to their steam-engine. A speeding train with continual momentum, and money keeps it going.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Secrets are everywhere. Its human nature. How many people on here for example have alternative profiles. I wouldnt even know who im talking to on here. Its inherent in our natures to hold secrets. No point trying to change a leopards spots. Just go with it. I deal with it by ignoring it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Secrets are everywhere. Its human nature. How many people on here for example have alternative profiles. I wouldnt even know who im talking to on here. Its inherent in our natures to hold secrets. No point trying to change a leopards spots. Just go with it. I deal with it by ignoring it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You're going to attract the M's, then everything will go to hell because they always get their panties in a bunch over every perceived slight.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Will the power-elite be able to sustain it forever?

Yes
While the Elite controls the wealth they have the power to silence anyone who upsets the handcart
Start conflicts for profit and sell weapons to both sides
Though saying that i would do that makes good business

Will the power-elite be able to sustain it forever?
Certainly unless you can take money out of the equation and that would require a
Earth sized Catastrophy that would make monies only use
Keeping warm as you tossed it in to the fire

Cran

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You're correct, secrets are human nature. Everybody has secrets. However my post is talking about the danger of secrets. I'm not talking about personal secrets; your real name, location, sexual preference/fetish, whether you've cheated before, etc. I'm talking about secrets that affect the grand scheme of things. Secrets that suppress information, knowledge. & Secrets that are plans of manipulating/controlling humanity. All those secrets that put the world in jeopardy. Financial transactions in the trillions. Bribery & coercion. Corruption.

You say it's human nature and we should ignore that? When you're a slave, you may finally realize ignoring secrets put you in an extremely frightening position. In some ways we already are slaves. Ignoring those secrets can be equally as dangerous, if not more than the secrets themselves.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

I think I can take a guess and say you have an alternative profile....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

No i dont. . My personaility is too black and white to be bothered with multiple profiles. Im also too lazy too try and be complex. I understand certain types of people will need them, and a person can postulate what their reasons are for needing multiple profiles.Mabey its worth a thread itself to explore this, why people need multiple profiles. I know what would happne however some troll will argue its because they have multiple personalities. I think its something more than that.

top topics

join