It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Moon Structure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You may be the worlds worst cameraman, but it was enough to recognise the "object" as the crater wall at Sinus Iridium.

Here, I show a capture from your video, as well as a photograph of better quality...

The original photo of Sinus Iridium I used is found HERE.

The moon phase when you took the photo was about 80 percent full, and as you can see from the animation, that crater wall is what lights up at this moon phase...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The link starts directly at the moment described by the OP; 5:19.

Thanks @ ChelseaLad for doing what hundreds haven't done before...posted the video as promised!!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Can someone explain how this "arch" moves independent of the Moon between 8:30 - 8:42?

It doesn't appear to be part of the Moon to me so I would like to know why I'm wrong if I am.

ETA: I notice this movement at 5:23 also
edit on 24-11-2012 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by chelsealad

Who's the kid shining the torch i see his outline and the light sprayed out from it the torchlight..

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It's what was shown in the pictures and videos above!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
Can someone explain how this "arch" moves independent of the Moon between 8:30 - 8:42?

It doesn't appear to be part of the Moon to me so I would like to know why I'm wrong if I am.

The movement of his iphone is probably the cause he should invest in this or something like that,

www.popphoto.com...

Example picture using attachment

edit on 24-11-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Interesting video. I have to admit, the pictures posted at the top of page two look near-identical, but I can't wrap my mind around how a crater (illuminated or not) could look like it was jutting out from the side of the moon.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The cake is a lie

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I'm gong to agree with those that say its the edge of a crater, you can almost see the ground in the shadows
S&F for you because you did follow thru and provide the video
Keep looking, one day you might find something that CAN'T be explained mundanely

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Haha you'd have to be especially paranoid to believe that.

Oh well. I thought OP caught something worthwhile too, at least, that's how he made it seem. As soon as I saw the video it was obvious it was a crater wall... after I spent a minute figuring out the camera's orientation
Bad cameraman.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I got my small binoculars out last night to look at the moon and saw the exact same thing. I pretty much figured it was a mountain or crater edge that was catching the sun rays. Was quite interesting though.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I have to agree with you there, certainly the worlds worst camera man but very difficult to film down the lens of a reflector telescope.

Thanks for telling me what I saw. Much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

No offence, but I would not waste my time standing in the freezing cold with a torch trying to fool people. If you are in the Northern Hemisphere tonight the moon should be still in the same phase as it was yesterday. Have a look.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

It's called poor quality video.
The stuff bends

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think that it is indeed the Sinus Iridium. The "arch" seems to distort when it is near the edge of the picture. This is because the telescope lens distorts it a bit and the changing angle of the cell phone camera distorts it further. Don't let the rather disappointing explanation deter you from watching the skies, though!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Please people, bear in mind, that even with the most powerful Earth-based telescopes you can only make out things like hills, mountains, craters and such on the Moon (and even other planets). Not to be confused with structures.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Actually it would not be at the same phase as yesterday. The terminator (border between dark and lit up Moon surface) moves quite a bit in a single day and the crater shadows for example change basically constantly, even within the same night. Think of it as a slow sunrise on the Moon and how it looks like from here.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yep - Crater rim. Common optical effect as viewed from Earth.

Thanks for posting though - and keep looking up!

p.s. None of my business, I know - but please try not to cuss so much around the kids, it's not appropriate and may even cause them to lose some respect for you...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join