It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Moon Structure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I was out looking through the telescope with the Mrs son, looking at Jupiter etc when we decided to look at the moon. Sean was looking at the moon and then called me to ask "what's that growing out of the moon?" I could not answer! it looks like there is a big arch "growing" out of the moon. In all my years of "star gazing" I am gob smacked as to what it is. I would appreciate it if anyone could answer my question. I have footage captured on my iphone through my telepscope, its not great to be honest but you can clearly see the structure. I am having difficulties uploading the video from my iphone to ATS, so if anyone can help me with that you can see what I mean. Thanks all.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
pics or it didnt happen

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chelsealad

Upload the vid to Youtube, then use the VID YOUTUBE button above the posting window to post your video.
Post only the letters and numbers after the /
example: www.you.tube/ xyz234abc012 (put only the Yellow letters inside the VID YOUTUBE button).

I currently see nothing wrong with the moon.
I suspect you may be experiencing local interference by means of specks on one of your lenses, or mirrors, or some other local telescope based obstruction.

That's without seeing your video.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Sounds interesting! I await your video Sir.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelsealad
it looks like there is a big arch "growing" out of the moon.

Could it have been the edge of a large crater?
The sunlit edges occasioanlly pop out of the unlit part, as seen below...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'm gonna go with optical effect or lighting effect, and I don't even need to see it

cuz lots of folks look at the moon, an it's just not likely you are the only ones to notice

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
That would be the new "loading dock" structure that ISS is working on.
Isn't China supposed to launch the first shuttle there in 2013?

Edit:
I've heard other people saying they can see it. It looks like an arm but its actually a building, just at a different angle than us
edit on 23-11-2012 by DrGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I was out looking through the telescope with the Mrs son, looking at Jupiter etc when we decided to look at the moon. Sean was looking at the moon and then called me to ask "what's that growing out of the moon?" I could not answer! it looks like there is a big arch "growing" out of the moon. In all my years of "star gazing" I am gob smacked as to what it is. I would appreciate it if anyone could answer my question. I have footage captured on my iphone through my telepscope, its not great to be honest but you can clearly see the structure. I am having difficulties uploading the video from my iphone to ATS, so if anyone can help me with that you can see what I mean. Thanks all.

Can't believe that you have not even uploaded anything yet, and already you are being told that all of your years of stargazing is for naught. How can anyone post an answer on here without seeing the video? Give the man a chance to post it. You will have plenty of time to debunk it then.
edit on 11/23/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Did it look like this?

To me, it looks like the highest edge of a huge crater is illuminated creating what appears to be an arch. If your footage is of something different, I'd like to check it out.

edit on 23-11-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
if it is this, here in the north, then the "arch" is Sinus Iridium. Sinus means "bay" to the classical observers

edit on 23-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hope you can provide the pics.......there was some astronomer that saw a bridge ten miles long on the moon long ago.....they still argue over that one....

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

It would have helped if before you find out how to upload the video you would have provided the name of the area you were looking at or found similar images on astronomical websites or used Google Images. And, please, stop using your phone for videos such as this. If you are going to continue looking at the moon, invest on an imager that can connect to a laptop then you can stop straining looking through the eyepiece.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I know what you are talking about. It is basically energy-based, though, so some may not be totally accepting of whatever it is exactly in the sky. But certain things are self-evident to me, but I can't guarantee everyone sees things in the same way.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Sorry for the delay in uploading. It was late last night. I will upload it within the hour. It's clearly not an effect on my telescope, not a crater edge either. Can't wait for you all to see it. Back as soon as I upload it.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I am just uploading it now to YouTube and I hope to have it on ATS very soon

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Upload the vid to Youtube, then use the VID YOUTUBE button above the posting window to post your video.
Post only the letters and numbers after the /
example: www.you.tube/ xyz234abc012 (put only the Yellow letters inside the VID YOUTUBE button).

I currently see nothing wrong with the moon.
I suspect you may be experiencing local interference by means of specks on one of your lenses, or mirrors, or some other local telescope based obstruction.

That's without seeing your video.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

ignore, question already answered.
edit on 24-11-2012 by MysterX because: altered text

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I am just uploading it now to YouTube and I hope to have it on ATS very soon

I look forwards to seeing the video chelsealad.

I've seen lots of weird things on the moon too. A huge tower with an oval/egg shaped white dome on top being one, and that's only with a humble 4" refractor.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I hope that you find the video interesting. I apologise that the quality is not that great. I will invest in some equipment when I stop being a casual user. I am sure that there is an explanation, there usually is
, but it is interesting none the less. It is similar to the previous vid that was posted above, but the big difference is that our capture is far lower south than the one caught in America. I have opened myself up to ridicule with that statement no doubt.
However, I will be very interested in what you have to say now that I have uploaded the vid.
Your a great bunch of people and its good to read some of your own experiences and thoughts.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
got yourself there the edge of a crater being light by the sun. The angle of the crater being near the horizon leaves 80 percent or more of it in shadow.

Pretty cool though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join