It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Don't Quote Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich. Dying is easy, it's living that scares me to death. It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Believe you can and you are half way there. If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome. The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money. When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. All that I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy. A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart. For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. Let us meet each other with smile, for the smile is the begining of love. A joke is a very serious thing. You can turn painful situations around through laughter. If you can find humor in anything, even poverty, you can survive it.

Thanks for reading my short sermon, but can you name the originators of my ramblings? There are 15 to discover.
edit on 23-11-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
can you name the originators of my ramblings?

No.
(well, you did ask)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
nice 'sermon'. i liked it. (who refical!).
and don't feel bad,the christians took a lot of people's country,using their 'interpretation' of the bible for their conquests.
the bile is good.
people who use it for material gain are bad.
peace

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
First line is Gandhi... the rest I am unsure of, but think one might be Nelson Rockefeller.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ghandi is correct the other two are wrong

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Nice but at least part of your sermon was written by Desmond Tutu

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.

LINK

Can't think of any of the others, but I have heard them.

edit on 11/23/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

I love these games, but they aren't as fun since Google showed up and spoiled things..
edit on 11/23/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Yep that was Desmond Tutu and one of my favourites too

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

but

I just love this quote.

Really sums up the majority of the human race's opinion's, always a but. But then again, what do I know

edit on 23-11-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join