It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Mannequins can Spy and Eavesdrop on Shoppers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

A lot of stores here do that now too. They ask for your postal code and address or email address. I always refuse to give personal information.

Again if you read the article that is what it's about. You don't get asked anything before it logs information.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
more proof in how imbedded governments and corporations are. " you have no expectation of privacy when in public" . that is the answer when you complain about privacy , but you can be arrested when filming the police state in action for illegal wire tapping. a friend of mine , took some pictures inside his work place , and could not use the pictures for a work mans comp claim , because the pictures were taken on "private property" with out consent. so, why are the corporations taking pictures inside their private property and sharing them with "public agencies" with out consent? oh thats right , it is to protect our freedoms.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I did read it...I'm just saying I don't think this is NEW news. I wouldn't be surprised if these corporations have been doing this kind of surveillance for years without our knowledge or consent. Not arguing with your point at all. Just would not put it past the larger corporations to pull this stuff without informing the public first.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I did read it...I'm just saying I don't think this is NEW news. I wouldn't be surprised if these corporations have been doing this kind of surveillance for years without our knowledge or consent. Not arguing with your point at all. Just would not put it past the larger corporations to pull this stuff without informing the public first.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

I just thought you didn't because your first comment said "stores have surveillance already". It didn't appear you read the article to me, because it is more than just surveillance.

The article was released November 23rd after three of these types of mannequins were sold here in the states.

Bain & Co predicts the luxury market will expand 5 per cent in 2012

If this catches on it will grow bigger.

I was hoping the discussion would be about personal information being used to make our fascination with shopping easier, not if this was "new" news.

You can report it to a mod and if it is not "new" they will move it for you.
edit on 24-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
yeah it's all fun and games now, but in 30 years when those mannequins are armed with plasma rifles and have AI operating systems... what will we have wished we had done now?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Ah dont worry about him, theres one of him in every thread.
I was wondering though, mannequins only work in clothing stores or maybe dept stores but what about grocery stores?
I think a mannequin would be out of place in a grocery store, so I wonder where theyll hide this little spy, i mean "marketing" tool?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
yeah it's all fun and games now, but in 30 years when those mannequins are armed with plasma rifles and have AI operating systems... what will we have wished we had done now?

I will make friends with a hot brunette AI mannequin and play for the team with plasma rifles.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

I was wondering though, mannequins only work in clothing stores or maybe dept stores but what about grocery stores?
I think a mannequin would be out of place in a grocery store, so I wonder where theyll hide this little spy, i mean "marketing" tool?

Good point. I could see something like a "Mr. Clean" type mannquen in a grocery store maybe?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I cannot believe I actually wrote an entire page to add to this then deleted it.
I really need to get something to do on Saturday afternoons.
Still a creepy idea though.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
People are taking things way too personally today. I just stated my opinion that's all - not saying your thread should be shut down. Shrugs.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I cannot believe I actually wrote an entire page to add to this then deleted it.

Why did you delete it silly?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

People are taking things way too personally today. I just stated my opinion that's all - not saying your thread should be shut down. Shrugs.

No worries friend.. I didn't take it personally at all. Just tried to explain why this was NEW "news" is all. Your opinion was "this isn't new", I was trying to offer my opinion why it is something new. That is all

I didn't think you wanted it shut down, but saying it wasn't "new" means it should be in another forum. Hence why I said you could bring it to a mods attention so it could be decided if I placed it in the wrong forum. :
edit on 24-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception

Originally posted by yourmaker

I will make friends with a hot brunette AI mannequin and play for the team with plasma rifles.

Sir, may I call you a genius?

Because that's exactly what you are.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

You may.. but I may have to disagree. Something about plasma rifle carrying, data mining (brunette) mannequins "works" for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It seems all the sci fi movies everyone said would never become a reality are already here.

This is pretty much standard for sci fi movies.

I wonder how long before they start greeting you by name when you walk into Sears.

Strict

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

From OPs source.

A camera embedded in one eye feeds data into facial-recognition software like that used by police. It logs the age, gender, and race of passers-by.

Not even the person shopping for cloths are safe from the corporate eye.

If the corporate eye had their way, they would implant transponders into our brains so they could input their advertising and need, then a person would then export their moneys.

They are working on this right now with our "Smart-phones" \ corporate mind tapps. .

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

....It's probably the norm already. Big Brother is corporate.

...You knew that, right?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

It says so far 3 have been sold in the states.. but "they" could be here already in other "forms".

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Just what we need. More police state cameras.

1984 here we come!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception
reply to post by badgerprints

Why did you delete it silly?

I realized I was thinking waaayy too hard on the subject.
Sometimes you just have to let a thread go.
edit on 25-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join