It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My two possible "Paranormal" experiences.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hiya J, I tend to agree with you about 'ghosts.' I haven't a clue about what causes us to experience 'strange things' and agree that at least 99% is BS and/or misperception. I don't even trust my own senses and have had a lot of unusual experiences or misperceptions...

It was your reference to opening doors that caught my attention. Just this week, one of the cleaners where I work told me a similar story. She said they'd finished work and gone to put the alarms on and lock up. The alarm wouldn't set so they had to ring their boss to come out. It turned out the rear fire-door was open so the the alarm couldn't be set.

The key to the story is that she was adamant that they*had* locked the door.

In another similar incident, my dad recently told me about their bedroom door swinging open one night and waking them both up as it banged into their bed. He's a builder and hung the doors himself with a bias towards being closed. Over the years, they've heard footsteps outside on the landing and coming up the stairs so the house has an occasional built-in creepiness. I haven't slept alone in there for about 5 years after I was woken at 5am by something warm and skittery goosing me from my neck to lower back...sad, I know!!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have had quite a few. Just as in the title it is so hard to know for sure. Maybe not meant to know either. Sadly i feel that these occurrences have left me, occurrences where you actually see a glimmer of what is possible. My stories below can be coincidences so best for others to view them that way.

I will type them out quickly so pardon the errors.

1. My grandmother had a child who died, not sure of his age but he was younger than 10 years old when he passed away, not even sure how but i assume he was just sick. My father was younger and not old enough to remember him in any meaningful way and to be honest not sure if he was even born when he died.

One day my father shows me a picture of the boy who died. The picture had distinct objects and scenery. The boy (we will call him steve here due to wanting to change the names if a family member comes across this.
) was standing in what looked like a park, there was a tree behind him and to the left (left if looking at the photo). Grass, some dirt and there was steve standing the in a vert distinct position. Left food (his left) pointed left and right foot straight ahead, he was wearing plaid shorts, his right hand fingers were shaped like the ok sign only facing downward since his hands were basically at his side. One leg straight and the other bent slightly at the knee as if the foot was on some kind of mound or rock, which i couldn’t see in either photo.

So my father shows me this and then takes out a photo of my brother (still alive) and what was so shocking about this is not only did they look, facial features, very much alike but their height was nearly identical so i say very close in age to each other. My brother was wearing plaid shorts, standing in front of a tree that was to the left and behind him AND his right hand…same exact position with the ok sign.

Here is what their left hand looked like only like i said their hands were pointed down.

ok sign

Actually to be accurate it was their right hand, left if looking at the photo.

OK sign pointed down for no other reason than to make it less obvious meaning they were not consciously making an ok sign. But this i will say, the images and posing were identical. I estimate that my brothers picture was around 20 or 30 years after the original pic was taken.

I thought about my father posing my brother but he is not into paranormal stuff at all. One time i asked him if he ever had sleep paralysis and he looked at me like i was crazy. Also the way he showed me these images was in a kind of serious way and i have never known my father to lie to me just that is how the pictures came out.

I say these images probably around 20 years ago and have not seen them since, but just remember them like i saw them yesterday.

2. At around 25 years old i had a medical emergency. I felt my heart beating very strangely and palpitating, fast intermittent beating i.e., not normal. I got on my knees and crawled towards the bathroom. As i am crawling the image in my sight was flashing to black like stop motion or perhaps just what people call fading to black. Not really fading but flickering like losing power. I remember distinctly, even recall wanting to crawl to the bathroom because it just seemed logical to crawl to the bathroom and be found there. Another weird thing was this taste i got in my mouth and i was in a cold sweat.

Half way to the bathroom i look to my left and see a white bird out my window staring at me. I stop and look at this bird (looked like a dove but could have been a white pigeon). So anyway, when i looked at the bird a voice came inside my head and said this:

“If you want to live just get up” I got up went and sat on a couch and fell asleep. When i woke up i was fine. I don’t want to get into what brought this on except medical emergency and was critical. What happened between crawling and getting back up was a few seconds and like chaos to calm in a matter of seconds.

Funny thing was i could swear this bird was communicating telepathically and there was another feeling but i would rather not say what that was, it is too personal.

That is what i remember as it happened.

3. One of my best friends died, this was over a decade ago. I spoke to the person closest to him at the time and he said at the time he ran up a flight of stairs to get outside (the person dying) and was screaming that he saw his father. He ran about half a block, or walked, and fell over into bushes. His father had died years earlier.

4. My aunt and cousin were super close, i would say nearly inseparable and as close as two people can be. My aunt passed away and a few years later her daughter passed on. What day did the daughter pass on? Mothers Day. Funny thing is no one else even mentioned this except in passing during that day.

Here is the latest ones:

5. My mother was very sick and on life support. In the hospital she told me she saw my deceased grandmother, cousin and aunt asking her about playing cards and seeing them one day. That is what she told me, i never asked her but of course maybe she dreamt that. Again my mother is not into this stuff and never was, i doubt she even believes in this stuff.

Edit: I am updating number 2
edit on 24-11-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

ETA:

Here is one that is not paranormal (seemingly) but was somewhat odd to me.

6. I worked for a florist in HS. I was unloading a truck and a wire hangar was at the back of the truck to weigh stuff. It was just hanging there and had an upward hook cut knarly with clippers. I am carrying something in my hands and i am bout to jump off the truck and the wire caught me between the eyeball and eyelid. Now here i was standing there with one foot literally off the truck and a coat hanger lodged under my eyelid. I literally felt it pulling my eyelid and the hook end was about 2 inches long and stopped where it hit the top of my eyelid and brow bone. I reached up and pulled it out and there was no difference before or after, not even slight discomfort.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The odds of what you experienced being paranormal is actually quite high. You may not have seen anything, but that does not mean the dog did not. My dogs act bizarre in my house from time to time, whereas I see absolutely nothing. They will sometimes stop and growl at unseen things in certain rooms; all the while, I am still seeing nothing at all. It gets kind of unnerving at points. Interesting story though. I enjoyed reading it.`

Now, if you experience anything strange as far as the paranormal is concerned in your home, set up a camera, followed by a camera to take a picture of the camera taking a picture of the paranormal event(s). You know, as to show solid evidence of any paranormal activity. Just a little humor.
Not mocking the OP. I just think this thought was funny.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Nothing happens where I'm living presently. The old Victorian though we would occasionally hear the wooden stairs squeak late at night but we chalked that and the occasional "bump" up to as the old house settling.

Nothing further or major happened while growing up there.

edit on 24-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Rubicant13

Nothing happens where I'm living presently. The old Victorian though we would occasionally hear the wooden stairs squeak late at night but we chalked that and the occasional "bump" up to as the old house settling.

Nothing further or major happened while growing up there.

edit on 24-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I believe you, but I do believe in ghosts and I believe I have had a few transient spirits in my home. Of all places, it's one house down from a local cemetery. I have witnessed a few things I cannot explain myself; but none of them happened with any kind of frequency. What happened to you may have been a transient spirit moving through the old church, or it may have been the old pastor stopping in possibly. Who knows?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I have heard an interesting theory that 'People are haunted' not buildings/places. Meaning ghosts follow the ones they mean to haunt. I'm sure many that have had experiences with places/buildings would disagree, but may account for many experiences who knows.

In saying this, I've stopped i my tracks many a time to smell that all too familiar smell. The unexplained smell of perfume or cologne when no one else is around. This funny enough doesn't scare me, but the thought of experiencing a ghost scares the crap out of me.

I've been on one ghost tour quiet a few yrs ago now at an old convict settlement, a cold rainy and windy night. And NEVER again. I don't think I experienced anything, but was worried a ghost would follow me home due to the above theory

Thanks for the read, I probably shouldn't have read it so close to bedtime lol

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for sharing.

I took a leap of faith that these experiences would be received openly here at ATS. I'm surprised at the amount of stories being shared.

Yours included

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Yeah, there are some good stories in here. Spooky stuff (real or not) is a major cross-cultural nexus that joins all people together in either a personal or 2nd hand story.

FTR - my fingernails are still hanging from that ceiling

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Just wanted to add, i think I will ask my dad for the photographs. How to approach him? All i need to do is crop some parts.

Also, i tried to edit my other post and it said the time exceeded four hours but i can’t see how it was four hours.:pus:Seems like i only have two hours.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've only seen these:

lifeunpredicted.com...

Kind of a let down.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

BOOOO

Hey Stud, Don't you know man? On ATS, No one can hear you scream.

I believe on a more serious note. That ALL panaramal, I mean paranormal activity. Are evil spirits or more precisely demonic. And it's all part of the game the old Devil himself is playing to deceive mankind. And this fits so perfectly with many different ancient recordings' that many people now days allow themselves to be fooled into thinking have no truth to them. When those writings are actually the only source that tells us, what's really going on.

If it's paranormal it's shape shifter demonic and the proof is easy to see. So BOOO back at ya.

At first I thought someone was dissatisfied with one of my posts again.

edit on 24-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I agree with you on the 99% is BS. Also though I have had ten or twelve things happen to me I always try to write off as something else, but to be honest with myself. I can not explain them. And at least on two occasions there where witnesses. At those time I pretended to ignore what was happening, they were the ones asking me "what the hell was that" or "what the hell is going on" I told them I didn't know, but at least now I know it's not just me.
thanks for the post.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by AgentX09

I know for many "Seeing is believing" thanks for sharing.
I didn't "see" anything with my experiences.
I guess just because you may not see anything doesn't mean its not there.Both our experiences show a spirits ability to effect matter.THATS what shocked me most.They can MOVEthings!And at the Stagecoach most often would make its presence known when you were alone.WTH

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I think the best proof for existing of soul is our true Dreams. Dreams that speak about future. what I have experienced that many times. but 99.99% of stories about ghosts are trash. a dead person is just a dead person it can not alter our world it is of another world.
yes there are some rare situations about what you call it aliens but not aliens from Mars I mean demons, what we call it Jins. but those are really rare. and they can alter our world but limited. they can because they are alive not dead. they are not human but Jins like Lucifer.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I AM A TRUE BE leaver at times in my life i have felt and saw people around me , i truly fell that there are those,s with such a love of life and family that when they pass over , they come back to help us at times when we need them , i have always felt that there is more to us that when we die ,we live on some how,that our body is just a vessel . When my Father was dieing i was sitting and praying and asking god to help him and to help me understand why there had to be death when i felt this hand on my back and a woman vocie say it will be ok , i open my eyes and truned around to say thank u to who every was there and there was no one there . To this day i know some one was there I Be Leave

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
cool. Love hearing peoples ghostly experiences.
I think something exists within or just outside what we see. How and why is beyond me but i will share a story and keep it short (try to).

When i was a teenager, Myself and my friend Ben walked over to our friends house (Jamie)
me being me at the time had a nose in Jamies neighbours front garden while ben was knocking on his door, hoping to spot a football or something.
I was peering over the front gate looking around then looked up and saw an old womans head with large black eyes, see through, white as white skin staring at me. I totally freeked out, i ran into bens chest and started crying. I ran home shortly after. Turns out that Jamies neighbours young daughters had been complaining of a old woman trying to lift them out of bed! And jamie also had seen an old woman walk through his kitchen wall once.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have seen one ghost, and heard another. Neither of them were scary, even a little bit. Now, I am the kind of person to be freaked out if I watch a show about ghosts or aliens, and then try to go to sleep by myself. I am super easily scared of either,
. But both times were not even close to scary, it's funny. The first time, I was in my first apartment. This apartment building used to be an old hotel, that was famous for al capone "supposedly" staying there back in the day. (I don't believe it though, I think it is some made up story) But either way, it was old is my point. After it was a hotel, it had been converted into a funeral home somehow. After that I guess, it was converted into an apartment building, so it does have a spooky history. Anyway, me and my friend had been watching tv and "partaking in an illegal herb", when all of a sudden, I looked in my kitchen and saw a big black blob of shadow crawl up the wall from the floor, and crawl into the ceiling in the corner, and just disappear. Keep in mind, this "illegal herb" , although it may impair your judgement, it really doesn't make you see things. Although marijuana is technically a hallucination, this is no way was related, I am 1000 percent sure. But, of course, because of it, all we could do is laugh and say "OMG, it's a ghost, har har har, what the heck? har har har LOL". It was also the middle of the day, and it was not in anyway a shadow from anything like a window or the sun, it was just insane. A big black blob. No one ever believed us. lol The time that I heard a ghost, was when me and a guy named carlos were getting ready to go to work in the house we lived in, which was my friends house. We were both working construction on the same crew, and we had to get up and be ready by like 530 in the morning. We were down in the basement trying to pick out cloths to wear, when we both heard little kids laughing in the back of the basement, playing on something. There was no one back there, and nothing but really old, really nasty dirty old basement stuff. In fact, you couldn't even get back there because it was so messed up. When we told my friends mom, she was like "That happens every year." I learned later that the house was pretty haunted, and that was the reason that my friends mom wouldn't sleep up stairs in her room (which was where I was sleeping at the time!!!). I also had one other experience there, but it was really weird, and I can't say I physically saw or heard anything else, so I won't include it. They ended up moving, and I was homeless, and needed somewhere to stay, so I ended up sleeping in their abandoned house alot of nights. It is was a little unnerving,
edit on 25-11-2012 by poopmaster2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2012 by poopmaster2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

a few years ago i was in my room and i heard something whisper my name sorta loud really closely. then two seconds later my mother yelled my name from down stairs... it was weird. plus me and a few other people living in the house have seen a black shadow standing up right on many occasions.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I think people should learn to listen to their gut feelings. in anything paranormal we will never have a cut and dry proof, because the other world is waiting for us to enlighten. They say that seeing is believing, but it is the other way around.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rseymore21

I dunno about the black shadow but the whisper seems more like an example of ESP to me. Maybe you were lucky enough for some reason to be in tuned enough at that moment to pick up on his thoughts or intentions ahead of hearing his request?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join