It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My two possible "Paranormal" experiences.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Before we begin let me start by saying that I believe there is the possibility of Ghosts but I also believe about 99% of what is presented as proof is BS.

I've had a couple of experiences over the years but I can't say they were "Undeniable" proof of ghosts. The first happened many years ago.

A few weeks of my Grandmother's passing we had moved into her Old Victorian era home. My two sisters I were waiting to go clothing and school supply shopping as the school year was only a week away. We were waiting on the front porch for our eldest brother who would take us shopping after he finished work. A big argument broke out between my two sisters which quickly escalated into a very loud shouting match. The locked front door opened slowly all the way, we all stopped and looked then I went over and check the door and pulled it shut again making sure it was secure. A few minutes later my sisters were at it again. The front door again opened by itself. We all got spooked at that point, then we could all smell my Grandmothers favorite perfume.

It's as if she was wanting us to take our business inside out of our neighbors earshot.

The second odd experience happened about 7 years ago. I had volunteered to help an older couple [He being retired and the new pastor] renovate an old church they just purchased near where I lived at the time in Eastern Oregon. During my first evening of stripping some woodwork I noticed that their dog was simply standing in the middle of the church [now vacant of the pews] staring up at the ceiling quietly whimpering to itself. After a couple of hours and while on a quick coffee/smoke break I brought their dogs activity up to the couple. They said that it has done that every time they brought it with them to the church. They said it's simply looking at the ceiling fans.

I went back to work and didn't think much of it. A week or so later I went back to help some more. This time with painting. I had covered everything with plastic and retrieved a old wooden ladder from the store room in the basement. Not needing it at that moment leaned it up against the wall and noticed the dog looking up again. I tried to see exactly where he was looking and it wasn't the ceiling fan but rather at two old crossed wooden beams.

I went back to finish painting the lower trim work for a few minutes when I noticed the dog's attention moved from the ceiling to the ladder then he barked and simply left the room. I thought. Well that's that, he got bored and split. I went for a quick smoke and a cup of coffee and while in the lower level with the couple we heard the ladder fall over on the floor above us. We ran up thinking there was somebody in the building and found there was nobody there just the ladder on the floor.

The ladder's legs didn't slide out nor did it tilt over to one side but fell backwards from its earlier leaning position. We were stumped but not spooked. [That came the next night] when I went back to finish painting and was told that they had learned from another older couple that the original pastor had hung himself from the ceiling beam and used a "Ladder" to do it.

For what it's worth.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I have never experienced anything paranormal or other worldy.

Guess I am just too evil or something.

So I live vicariously through others

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My grandmother passed away recently - my grandfather says that she comes to see him some nights. Said he knows it's "strange" and kinda wonders if he's a bit off kilter, but he says he does love seeing her and also says that he's woken up to find her laying next to him. So, real or not - in his mind or not - who knows - but he isn't the first person to tell a story like that.
edit on 23-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Uh-oh Slayer is moving into new territory! But in all seriousness, what you described in both stories rings with the ghosts are energy view. The first story seemed to me your sisters bickering would be a great conduit for your grams to make her presence known. I will venture a guess that she would have done something like that while alive if she heard the bickering and family seems to be the right "frequency" for her to do so after death. Your second story is like you had added a piece to complete the spirits "circuit" so to speak. Dogs are supposed to be sensitive to such events, so it's extra reaction to the addition of the ladder makes sense. My deceased grandmother was born w/ a caul over her face. According to the old tales that was the mark of being a Nun in a past life and tended to also mean you would be able to see the future. Well she was the one in my family who would dream the future. Lots of family stories about that. But... when I was 13 or 14 my parents went away for the weekend and she [my grams] stayed with me and my younger brother for the weekend. She was sleeping in the living room right outside my bedroom. I woke up in the middle of the night to a figure floating about a foot off the ground, it was wearing army khaki pants and a green sweater [one that I associated with the army cuz my dad had one from his time in the reserves] but it had no head. Unknown to me until sometime later, my grandmother had seen the same thing but she saw it from the back. That was the only reason I was believed because her and I saw it and we told the rest of the family at different times that same day and the details were the same. Oh and when I realized after about five seconds what I was seeing I dove under the blankets
Yup it scared the heck outta me!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I can relate. I'm the same way about ET and UFO's.
I'll keep an open mind

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have had one experience that left me shaking my head.
When I was a teenager I was at a sleepover at my friends house.
We were in her basement,watching T.V., home alone. ( I will try to add a pic to make this clearer to understand.) The light shone through from her furnace room behind us, onto the wall in front of us. The wall had a door way in it, but it was partially boarded up with a sheet of plywood. Keep in mind, it was a small room.
I looked up to see a shadow of the top half of a man walk by the doorway. He was walking fast. He was also walking sideways, somehow.
I knew I was seeing things so I asked my friend to wave her hand in front of the light.
Confused, she did it and sure enough, it was a totally different type of shadow cast (darker, and clearer.)
Needless to say, we didn't get a lot of sleep that night. But at least I could go home

Her bedroom was downstairs as well.

It's at this point I must add that I am an atheist and don't believe in souls. Afterlifes- maybe, but I remain skeptical, as well.
edit on 23-11-2012 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
My grandmother passed away recently - my grandfather says that she comes to see him some nights. Said he knows it's "strange" and kinda wonders if he's a bit off kilter, but he says he does love seeing her and also says that he's woken up to find her laying next to him. So, real or not - in his mind or not - who knows - but he isn't the first person to tell a story like that.

Thank you for sharing.
Very interesting contribution I'm sure the experience comforts him.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Strange but true.

After my sister passed, I had he task of cleaning out her room. As my Parents couldn't do the Job, due to the trauma of losing their youngest, it fell to me. I was going through her possessions and reminiscing, I had that feeling I was being watched. Thinking it was my Father checking in on me, I turned to look and saw for the briefest of seconds...My sister. Her lips were moving, but with no sound. She seemed in need. To say something, obviously.

Now I am a practical man, and know what deep grief brings to people. But, this was the real thing. As clear as day. So I decided to look more deeply into her belongings, and found her diary. Immediately, I pocketed it. Not to read it, but to permanently get rid of it. I don't know why, but I just felt that was what my sister was saying to me.

When I went back to my apartment later that day, I took the old grill out and burned it. I never saw my sister again. I don't know why, but I felt I did the right thing. My parents would have been heartbroken, if they were to find something like that, and to read it.Their impression was my sister could do no wrong. I wanted to leave that impression intact, even if it was the truth, or wasn't.

Thanks for the thread. I haven't told anyone this story, and it felt good to do so.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Yes I'll admit I was a bit apprehensive to share those two experiences in a forum at first but what the hell, you only live once or twice or.....

edit on 23-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Never actually seen an apparition but.I worked and lived at a bar in Michigan built in 1835 called the Stagecoach Inn.While I was prepping the place to open a lunch special board suddenly and Quite loudly propelled itself about 15ft from its starting place and sounded three times as loud as it should have when it crashed back to the floor.Backround info:5 other employees/tenants Swore to me of seeing apparitions,things flying by themselves.I didn't believe any of the stories until it happened to me!Also under the coach was a tunnel I was told was used as part of the escaping slaves Underground railroad.Also a paranormal investigation team spent the night out in the hallway outside the bedrooms on the second floor but didn't see anything...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I have only one paranormal experience. This is the first time I’ve ever shared it. I never thought I would but what the hell….

This might not seem like much to some but it was life changing for me because it really meant something…and the timing is unquestionable.

I was extremely close to my mom during my formative years. My dad was a career soldier who was often deployed or stationed abroad. I shared a close bond with my mom and she was my best friend growing up. To provide a little proof of my connection with my mom….there was one occasion that stands out. In 2004 I had just recently moved back home (to Texas) after my service in the Marine Corps. My mom had been feeling unusual and asked me to take her to a doctor’s appointment for some testing that would prevent her from driving herself home. Obviously I was cool with that…the least I could do, right? Everything went well and I took her to IHOP afterwards where I happened to snap a funny picture of her eating a bite of her pancake. A week later I took her for another appointment. We were seated in a small room when the doctor entered to reveal the results of the testing. I was standing aside my mom who was seated when the doctor informed her that she had terminal cancer. I suddenly went to a squatting position (instinctively I think) as I struggled to remain conscious. I've been in some sticky situations in my life...fainting is not in my DNA. That was absolutely as close to fainting or passing out as I’ve ever come in my life to this day. I was in complete shock and I was at my mother’s side from that day forward.

In 2005 my mother was hospitalized. I visited her every day. I wrote a long letter to my mom about my memories of my childhood and her impact on my life and was grateful that I was able to share it with her when she was coherent. She was very appreciative and we connected on an even deeper level. A few months later she was brought home to live out her remaining days in hospice at her home with my dad. My wife and I visited her every evening. Her doctor told us she had 6 months to live when we brought her home…

1 week after returning home, 6 hours after I’d left her side, my dad called me crying at 12:20am and informed me that my mom had died.

My wife and I immediately got dressed and jumped into my car on our way to their house 6 miles away. As I pulled out of my neighborhood I turned on my radio as a distraction from the thoughts that were racing through my head. Immediately a familiar sound was playing. It was a band from my formative years (I’m a product of the 90’s) that my mother had often questioned because she wasn’t fond of it. The Guns and Roses song “Knocking on Heaven’s Door” was playing….it was amazing!

I will always think that was my mother communicating with me. That song has played several times as I was contemplating serious issues in my life and every time it comes on I know my mother is present. Somehow I always know the answer to whatever it is I am contemplating when it plays.

Paranormal?? I think so….it was life changing to me because I knew at that moment, for a fact, there is an afterlife...and it is good.

S& F Slayer!

Thank’s for letting me get that off my chest!

edit on 23-11-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm not sure I can share my paranormal experiences just yet.

I'm all for letting "sleeping dogs lie". (pardon the reference)

There are so many things we still just don't know enough about, to go exploring.

Great stories, SLAYER!

(as beezzer hides under the covers)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I'm not sure I can share my paranormal experiences just yet.

Cool

(as beezzer hides under the covers)

I think that probably has more to do with fear of the BBQ than the Paranormal....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I think that probably has more to do with fear of the BBQ than the Paranormal....

I'm always the first to say, "It's just the house settling", or "It's just water in the pipes" when unexplained events occur.

If I were in a ghost-movie, I'd be the first guy killed!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Some interesting stories. Guess I'll add one of mine.

I was in boot camp and we were doing some night fire playing around with tracers. Later, I was sitting in this little fox hole minding my own business when I got this strong urge to look up. The night was clear and beautiful when I looked up. I brought my head down only to bring it up again. I saw this white light that looked like a ball and in it I saw my dad. It brought some tears to my eyes because it was the first time I had ever been away from them and I chalked it up to missing them. They had barely written to me since I had arrived there.

Upon graduating boot camp, I went home and was catching up with my mom and dad. This is when I put one and one together. Turned out that my dad had had another back surgery during that time and had accidentally been given an overdose of medication. His heart had stopped beating twice.

Strange things happen indeed.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

Thanks for the contribution.
I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. This thread has turned out to be an interesting read.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sonnny thanks for sharing that private event.
I felt a warmth while reading it my friend

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

I know for many "Seeing is believing" thanks for sharing.
I didn't "see" anything with my experiences.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Very interesting.
I know for me the older I get the more open minded towards certain possibilities I get. One would think it would be the opposite but not for me.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Strange things do indeed happen.
Thanks for sharing and am glad your pops was ok

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join