It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Universe is a Conscious Thought

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Of course you will ignore it because it sounds like you would rather blindly debate rather than read about what your debating.

So damn the facts, your mind is made up.

What facts? There's no fact here except some determined scientists and yourself attempting to call the universe consciousness. What facts do you have? I read it all and there is no experiments or anything observably recorded that proves the universe is a conscious thought. It's a couple guys trying to shoehorn the science into their conscious boot.

You're parroting what Hameroff and Penrose have persistently been asserting for many years and what other physicist call pseudoscience. They're merely preaching to the choir and you're singing along in tune.

I can make a conscious thought about a horse; that doesn't mean there is a real horse existing in my head.

More science:
Content of the Universe
Quantum Delayed Choice Experiment (same results as double slit, except without the need of a 'which-path information')

Obviously I have a tough time believing this and I have a huge problem with the very word 'consciousness.' I am completely open-minded; I only need to be convinced.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

We have a lot to learn as the cosmos is complicated, in its own right. Just as a human being.... but there is something driving life in my opinion and I want to know what it is... calling it God just seems to simple..

This is the basis from which these "scientists" look at the universe. They already reject the Creator and therefore every word and theory that proceeds from their minds is based on this rejection. They see what Our Creator states is self-evident (that we are created and that the universe and everything in it is created) but yet, because they reject what is self -evident, they proceed in error. They will devise any theory, no matter how ridiculous, to explain what they see through both science and their eyes, but will refuse to give the credit to Our Creator. Why? Because they have rejected Him. Your conclusion that "calling it God just seems too simple" is setting you on the same path as them. 

Why do many not understand that "quantum physics/consciousness" will be the quackery that promises to usher in the New Age, occult, Freemason, Kabalah, Shi'ite, Hinduism, ET cults, charismatic Christianity, Mormonism etc belief of;
"ascension"
"spiritual awakening"
"global consciousness"
"spiritual evolution"
"the Christ consciousness"
"evolution of consciousness"
"the divinity within"
"dimensional uplift"
"transhuminism"
"the collective"

The fact is, this whole idea has been given to us by the spirit world, almost without exception. Every single one of those religions espouse the belief that "man is becoming god", and their core dogmas and doctrines derive from channeled entities. Funny that these entities claim numerous identities - extraterrestrials, spirit guides, ascended masters, Christ, Matraiya, humans from the past or future...yet give the same promises as in the Garden of Eden - that through gnosis (knowledge) that man can become like god, and not die because of it.

The President of Iran recently spoke of his "Imam Mahdi"

He will come and he will cut through ignorance, superstition, prejudice by opening the gates of science and knowledge. He will establish a world brimful of prudence and he will prepare the ground for the collective, active and constructive participation of all in the global management." 
(how?)
"He will come to return all children of Adam irrespective of their skin colours  to their innate origin after a long history of separation and division linking them to eternal happiness."
www.policymic.com...

And herein lies charlatan science who will provide the means. Because science is now "truth" to so many in this world, very few will even stop to question the religious beliefs of these scientists. Hameroff, a main proponent of this theory, already holds the beliefs of eastern spirituality to be true. Make no mistake, the end is known from the beginning. Adam and Eve and the serpent. 

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

It's funny how you throw out the word pseudoscience. This is far from it and very well respected scientist are working on quantum consciousness and they have published papers in well respected journals.

I was watching the science channel the other day and it talked about how things throughout the years have been called pseudoscience or impossible but became established fact. Things like the atom, the earth being flat, airplanes and the telephone.

It's sad that people jump to say these things because they don't understand them or it challenges their pre-existing belief system.

The paper you quoted agrees with what I have been saying. The world exists as waves of probability until which path information is known. The experiment just delayed the choice as to whether which path information would be known by 20 nanoseconds.

The device built by Tanzilli's group functions similarly—the interferometer is closed for vertically polarized photons (which therefore act as waves) and open for horizontally polarized photons (which behave as particles). Having sent a test photon through the apparatus, the researchers measured an entangled partner photon 20 nanoseconds later to determine the test photon's polarization, and hence on which side of the wave–particle divide it fell.

huntanswer.com...

This delayed choice was determined by it's entangled photon pair. This experiment just replaced the observer with an entangled photon.

So you had an entangled particle pair of photons. Photon A went through the detector but the state of photon A wasn't known until 20 nanoseconds later after it's entangled pair, photon B was detected.

The earlier delayed choice experiments showed the same thing except this one was depended on the measurement of photon B. So this showed a wave-particle superposition in photon A until B was measured.

Again it doesn't dispute anything that I'm saying. In fact it confirms it. Until which path information is known, what we call reality doesn't exist. So the state of test photon A is determined by it's entangled photon B after photon A has been detected. So it's like the state of photon A is determined by photon B after the event (detection of photon A) has occurred.

It's like opening the box on Schrodinger's Cat and the state of the cat is determined after you opened the box. What it shows is that entanglement isn't bound by space-time.

This supports another theory of mine that says coincidences occur becomes events from the "future" can become entangled with events from the "present" or "past."

For instance, I was watching T.V. and during a commercial, a thought of a high school friend flashed in my mind. I haven't seen this friend since we graduated years ago. When I went to the store, I bumped into this same high school friend.

I don't see this as coincidence. It's just my quantum mind became entangled with a future event. This is because entanglement isn't bound by space-time as the experiment you linked to shows. This happens all the time. We call it telepathy, premonitions and coincidences.

Here's a good video on the Quantum Consciousness.

Also a video that talks about experimental evidence of topological qubits in microtubules. Exactly what Hammeroff and others say occurs in microtubules.

edit on 25-11-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

Originally posted by rollsthepaul
I am not religious but fully believe in God. God is beyond our comprehension; he is completely unchangeable which means that he cannot be added to or subtracted from. This means that we are not part of God's essence and nothing ever will be..

If God is beyond our comprehension, then you can't know whether or not god is unchangeable orcould be added or subtracted from...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by rollsthepaul

Originally posted by rollsthepaul
I am not religious but fully believe in God. God is beyond our comprehension; he is completely unchangeable which means that he cannot be added to or subtracted from. This means that we are not part of God's essence and nothing ever will be..

If God is beyond our comprehension, then you can't know whether or not god is unchangeable orcould be added or subtracted from...

God is the formlessness behind the form. Form is constantly changing. Yet there is 'something' that is aware of the change that never changes. What that is cannot be described but it is always present. It has to be present for anything to be.
Knowing being.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join