It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's rapidly expanding military may be changing US view from benign to serious security challeng

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Yikes! American bashers. China sympathizers. And you're Americans. Why don't any of you ever recognize the good that that awesome military has done for this world. We've freed people from dictators. Dictators who've killed by the tens of thousands. We've used that awesome military to assist in disasters. Just our presence in parts of the world has deter'd wars. We can go on and on about all the good our military has done, and I can show sources, but what for? You know its true but you insist that America is the evil empire. There would be a lot more chaos in the world if our military wasn't what it is. Wrabbit stated above "why is it our responsibility?" Because we can. We built it up during the Cold War and now we have it, so why not make the world a better place? Does anyone really think that China wouldn't be throwing its weight around in SE Asia if we didn't have such a large presence in South Korea or Japan?

You really think we invaded Iraq, for the good of the people?
To overthrow saddam? That war was an illegal war. Have you
seen the state of Iraq lately? Why was it that companies were
talking about what to do with the oil when they got there. These
disscusions were going on even before 9/11.
link

Why dont we go into north korea and help all those poor people?
Thats right, because we have nothing to gain. Why are we only invading
oil rich countries (middle east) You really think its for the good of the
people?

I dont hate america, i dont hate any country, i hate governments. To
many people look at their governments as mini gods, which is annoying.
But thats the way we have been conditioned to think

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by Rezlooper
Yikes! American bashers. China sympathizers. And you're Americans. Why don't any of you ever recognize the good that that awesome military has done for this world. We've freed people from dictators. Dictators who've killed by the tens of thousands. We've used that awesome military to assist in disasters. Just our presence in parts of the world has deter'd wars. We can go on and on about all the good our military has done, and I can show sources, but what for? You know its true but you insist that America is the evil empire. There would be a lot more chaos in the world if our military wasn't what it is. Wrabbit stated above "why is it our responsibility?" Because we can. We built it up during the Cold War and now we have it, so why not make the world a better place? Does anyone really think that China wouldn't be throwing its weight around in SE Asia if we didn't have such a large presence in South Korea or Japan?

You really think we invaded Iraq, for the good of the people?
To overthrow saddam? That war was an illegal war. Have you
seen the state of Iraq lately? Why was it that companies were
talking about what to do with the oil when they got there. These
disscusions were going on even before 9/11.
link

Why dont we go into north korea and help all those poor people?
Thats right, because we have nothing to gain. Why are we only invading
oil rich countries (middle east) You really think its for the good of the
people?

I dont hate america, i dont hate any country, i hate governments. To
many people look at their governments as mini gods, which is annoying.
But thats the way we have been conditioned to think

Seriously? What makes a war illegal? By who's standards is a war illegal? The UN? There are literally thousands of different cultures on this planet, so which one has the right to say what makes a war illegal or legal? No war should be defined as legal.

The oil in Iraq? Seriously. Did we end up getting their oil then? If they were talking about who gets to divvy up the oil, why didn't it happen. I wish we would have taken the oil to pay for the war, but we didn't and our oil prices continued to rise. That's lame to call it a war for oil, when it clearly wasn't because it didn't benefit us in any way. Saddam was a threat and a danger to the world regardless whether WMD's were found or not. He wanted us to believe he had them.

North Korea has a little thing called a nuclear deterrence. A million man army and nukes makes a little more difficult for us to liberate the North Koreans, wouldn't you think?

Once again, you ask why are we invading oil rich countries. Do you really believe we are taking their oil? Has there been any oil benefit for us? Please show me where we have benefited by invading these oil rich countries.

Your last part I finally agree with you. Our government has grown into a behemoth and it's no longer good for our country, but that's a whole other thread.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join