It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A request for ACTION! + Anti War & Pollution art video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hey ATS, unfortunately I often hear how we the people are powerless and "slaves" to corruption and the global elite. Apparently we have no power and hold none of the cards; in fact we do not even sit at the same table. Well I disagree with this mentality, we all have one or two skills that have the potential to change this situation and I am not talking about electing some other guy to do it for us. As we know many simply choose to ignore "stuff" around the world until it directly effects them or their favourite celeb talks about it, usually just for the sake of publicity and air time. Others, including many of us on ATS see the issues but feel helpless, instead we find it adequate to complain point and hope with little faith of things ever changing. It is nearing 2013 and if like me you feel you could be doing more then perhaps we should set ourselves some goals, if not for others for our own sense of worth?

so...

My goal for 2013, I guess you could say this is my new year’s resolution, is to utilize my abilities and skills to do something positive and speak out against atrocities and unethical practices. As an artist and designer my voice is loudest through visual mediums, as a result by next year I will have a number of projects put into motion to fulfil my goals. My main focus at the moment is to create a brand; however unlike most brands my goal is purely driven by putting out a message. Here are a few previews of what I am working on...

The idea is to create design that at face value looks cool and purely aesthetic, however when you look closer you start to see symbolism. Basically I want to promote the idea of looking deeper, it is fun pointing out to people has the design has a deeper meaning behind it, they squint as their brain starts calculating and putting the puzzle together. Anyway as I have written a fair bit I will end this here. I hope that this thread will serve as a nudge to those of us who have been spending too much time posting and not enough doing; this is all about taking action and sticking to it.

More to come by Jan in regards to my plans, consider your social, organisational, writing, creative or whatever skills you might have and ask yourself what are you doing in order to contribute to society? It is easy for us to make posts such as this but it is what we do after that counts.

edit on 23-11-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Being a graphics designer I find this pretty neat. It's catchy. Good going.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Thanks, I consider myself a general artist and designer, currently a graphic design student. We all have something within us that has the power to spark something big, even if it is just a strong passion for what we believe in. No corp or political figure should be free to ruin the lives of others, that is why if people are going to take anything away from this thread I hope it is to be inspired to take the necessary steps too.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I like the concept.
What struck me was how you wrote WAR - but it reminded me of buildings.
What about making the letters into ruined buildings?
You have a great feel for simplicity and breaking things down in to their basic elements, keep up the good work.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I like the concept.
What struck me was how you wrote WAR - but it reminded me of buildings.
What about making the letters into ruined buildings?
You have a great feel for simplicity and breaking things down in to their basic elements, keep up the good work.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

Funnily enough I have been drawing cracked up and decaying letter forms in my sketchbook, that is a good idea. Since creating the video I have created a new still font based on random lines, it feels more organic but I still like the man made feel of the square font I created.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Wow great video, I like the message and the sad feeling it brings over.. without the general war images that shock you when look at it, and the brand message also came down!

top topics

join