It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would God say farewell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"Farewell"
Poem by MutatisMutandis

-With deep regret and saddened eyes, there's something I must say

-Too many years with too many tears, so I must leave today

-I look upon this once great world that I have made for you

-And rather than you follow grace, you've raped it through and through

-How many wars and how much blood must spill across the land

-For you to finally stop to think, and maybe lend a hand

-While vacant homes run rampantly, for profit you still keep

-As brothers, sisters, moms, and dads lay dying in your streets

-You beg me for the savior that yourselves refuse to be

-The one you seeks inside you all if you only wished to see

-You see, I cannot end your pain even though I love you dear

-For you would never learn the lessons you so desperately need to hear

-And so it's with a heavy heart, I must leave you to your end

-Find love for those around you and some day we'll meet again

Thanks for reading everyone!

Mods, if this is the wrong area feel free to move.
edit on 23-11-2012 by mutatismutandis because: cus i can spell!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

It's "farewell". I would assume "God" knows how to spell, considering he knows everything.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Cannot, which is why us finites are here to serve as proxies to have the consciousness of that for collection and possession. Onmiscience using the tools (finites) as they have been designed for. The same as why we exist to supply the awareness of nothing, "the nothing", chaos, etc. for omniscience. All are tools, all are used whether you want it or not, whether you are aware of it or not. It's not up for vote, there is no choice, tool.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

How would God say fairwell?

He never says farewell to His followers.

His sort of farewell is a person choosing not to be written into the Book of Life.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

It's "farewell". I would assume "God" knows how to spell, considering he knows everything.

Lol...thanks

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think he/she should take at least a little but of responsibility. It's like abandoning your children because they become heroin addicts or criminals. Whilst the kids have obviously some fault, the parent brought them up and failed. Also if you create something [or give birth to], you have a lifelong obligation to them. You can't just go "Meh, this is cr*ap, I'm outta here".
Seriously, humans are vile creatures in general. If [and I doubt this very much] there was a creator
, he/she designed us just the way we are, with all the bad things included.
If a god would so easily give up and leave us only a poem, I'd say good riddance, we have been toddling along more or less in the same way since the beginning of time anyway. So who cares?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Never said the farewell was for ever :-)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Why do I get the feeling that if the Biblical god were ever truly existent, this is exactly what happened?

Probably because if I were him, this is exactly what I would do. Or maybe I'd just destroy everything I'd created so it didn't spread like some horrible insatiable sentient disease.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
I think he/she should take at least a little but of responsibility. It's like abandoning your children because they become heroin addicts or criminals. Whilst the kids have obviously some fault, the parent brought them up and failed. Also if you create something [or give birth to], you have a lifelong obligation to them. You can't just go "Meh, this is cr*ap, I'm outta here".
Seriously, humans are vile creatures in general. If [and I doubt this very much] there was a creator
, he/she designed us just the way we are, with all the bad things included.
If a god would so easily give up and leave us only a poem, I'd say good riddance, we have been toddling along more or less in the same way since the beginning of time anyway. So who cares?

If there was a creator, as you put it, what would we gain by being saved from the problems we've caused?

How could we possibly learn from this experience called life if there was always someone there holding our hand and stopping us from ever making mistakes?

Every mother bird eventually pushes the young out of the nest...its up to the bird to fly.

Thats not neglect, thats growth!

Thanks for the comment

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

The human species is comparable to a lot of people who were born in dire circumstance and weren't raised in much better ones. And yet they still pulled through and became successful members of society and all that jazz. So really, I'd say that we're just as much to blame as any god responsible for our existence.

As much as a god may be responsible for our flaws and strengths, we're the ones who have chosen to be overcome with our greed and our spite, our lust and our wrath. We are the ones who have decided it isn't worth fighting. That is not the fault of any god - that is our own bed to lie in. Even if a god would choose not to help, that doesn't mean we cannot power through these difficulties on our own steam. Few things are stronger than the human will.

With that said, the Biblical god, should he exist, has a hell of a lot to answer for - and as I have said before, if he chooses to judge us for our weaknesses, then he must also judge himself for having designed us with these weaknesses, knowing exactly what the result would be. Every crime, every sin, was known by him before it was ever committed, and he allowed them to happen. So he is the father, the creator, the enabler and the provoker, of each and every sin that ever existed. Taking that into consideration, I'm fairly certain that if ANYONE has earned a seat in hell, it is him. We only did what we were made to do, according to his plans. He is the master architect, and he should have known better.

So if anything at all, it is WE who should be saying farewell.

Us: "Farewell, foolish young deity - you have squandered your power, and you have shown a grievous corruption in your rule. You've displayed a tyranny and cruelty most unnatural, the likes to have made Hitler bow his head in shame and awe! For this, you will share the fate to which you have unfairly condemned the creatures which you have designed, unless you choose to undo all you have done and begin anew with a fresh understanding of what it is to be king of kings. This power is not a toy, nor a weapon - it is a responsibility. A responsibility, perhaps, too great for you to grasp. You must cherish life, not destroy it. But what is this you have done? Ah...such a shame. You could have done so much good. Maybe next time - if there is one. Away with you!"

"God" : "NOOOOOO!!"

Aye, my friends...that is a farewell to be proud of.

edit on 23-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Why do I get the feeling that if the Biblical god were ever truly existent, this is exactly what happened?

Probably because if I were him, this is exactly what I would do. Or maybe I'd just destroy everything I'd created so it didn't spread like some horrible insatiable sentient disease.

Possibly why we are born into this bio dome called earth...we can either make it off together or destroy ourselves in the process.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis

Possibly why we are born into this bio dome called earth...we can either make it off together or destroy ourselves in the process.

Long story short...

God does not play dice with FREE WILL...

We do...

A99

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm with the spelling brigade. Since we're at it, why not add 'Martial Law' to the correct common day homophone usage, since the television series "Marshall Law" was ended after a brief run, in Australia, and no one really refers to the series anymore. Fairwell/farewell is sort of the same thing. Probably God doesn't care, though. You have to cut yourself off from what is 'God', as someone did suggest, in order to accept this poem. I won't accept it. Poetry is dangerous, see, just like Mrs. Linda Montag said in "Fahrenheit 451".

I was under the belief that there was also an amerikan TV series, named "Marshall Law", in the 50's, but I find nothing, after a brief look. A stupid play on words is no guarantee of success, at any rate.

Here's a link to clarify homonym, synonym, antonym etc.... I should add that since 'fairwell' does not exist as a word, that 'homophone' may, technically, not apply here. It may just be a simple misspelling.

en.wikipedia.org... (there's a useful color diagram)

edit on 23-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

As I have already proven numerous times on this website, if "God" exists precisely as depicted in the Bible, then free will does not exist. The simple fact that the Christians keep clamoring over the whole 'free will' argument shows that they do not, in all actuality, truly understand free will.

Now imagine what else they don't understand? That's why they always get upset when I attempt to discuss these matters with them. I introduce concepts that force them to question something they desperately want to believe, and they refuse to play along.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Maybe God, if it exists the way many suppose, never even said "hello". Maybe many Deists are right, there's no 'interventionist' god and it walked away the minute it set the clock ticking.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

What if we're too young to understand where everything came from, and we're just groping for answers because our own weaknesses have led us to hope there is indeed reason and not just random chaos? What if religion is just a symptom of our manic search for a reason to believe that we won't just die as another failed mixture of probabilities? What if the only reason that the idea of gods even exists is that we refuse to believe we're the highest form of consciousness?

What if all of this - religion, deities, spirituality - is just another way of observing our refusal to accept ourselves as we are? Has anyone thought of that yet? Would it be so wrong to change that?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
With a bang comet or asteroid again

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Now there's an unoriginal thought! How about we just skip all manner of creativity and throw an asteroid in the mix? With his being a god and all, I can't imagine him using anything other than the most obvious solution. I mean, clearly he wouldn't want to have fun with the whole "end of the world" deal, especially since he's destroying his brainchild...

edit on 24-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

To challenge ones faith is very difficult for many. When you've grown up your entire life having it beat into your brain that this is the way it is and anyone that says otherwise is wrong, its very hard for most to look beyond their mental filters.

I dont belive its because people dont want to find truth for themselves...its more that many religions state to explore out side your faith is a sin in itself. Its a catch 22...if you want to fact check God its straight to hell with you, and many fully believe that mindset.

Logically, no all loving god would say you must heed my word and never question it because part of loosing ones path and finding your own way back is one of the very things that strengthens faith the most.

Now i wrote this with obvious reference to the biblical god, but every world religion has lessons to be learned from if we simply quit worrying about who the characters of the stories are and focus more on message.

Regardless of if our religious texts we written by God or by man, they are still a reflection of humanity learning from itself in an effort to become the best humanity can bring.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Merriman Weir

What if we're too young to understand where everything came from, and we're just groping for answers because our own weaknesses have led us to hope there is indeed reason and not just random chaos? What if religion is just a symptom of our manic search for a reason to believe that we won't just die as another failed mixture of probabilities? What if the only reason that the idea of gods even exists is that we refuse to believe we're the highest form of consciousness?

What if all of this - religion, deities, spirituality - is just another way of observing our refusal to accept ourselves as we are? Has anyone thought of that yet? Would it be so wrong to change that?

I understand where you coming from here as i used to have the same mindset....my only issue with this line of thought is one unquestionable law of science states something cannot be created from nothing. So no matter how far back we research, in the end there has to be something that started it all. Now whether that is some unseen deity, flying spaghetti monster, or the way the matrix was programmed i cannot say.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join