It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could "Sonic Booms" be the result of fracking explosions - and being covered up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
All too often I am hearing about how Natural Gas is the next gold and how it will solve our energy crisis and blah blah blah. There is so much praise being given to "Hydraulic fracturing" that people tend to forget about the real issues associated with the procedure - such as the fact they are to blame for the noticable uptick of earthquakes happening in OHIO and other places. You hear that this new technology is the next big thing, but most are not hearing about the real big issues about it

Urbina, Ian (3 March 2011). "Pressure Limits Efforts to Police Drilling for Gas". The New York Times. Retrieved 23 February 2012. "More than a quarter-century of efforts by some lawmakers and regulators to force the federal government to police the industry better have been thwarted, as E.P.A. studies have been repeatedly narrowed in scope and important findings have been removed"

Source

So I'm rambling - onto my theory. We keep hearing about sonic booms, and we never actually get any real answers about them. What if there is an ongoing effort to censor the truth? What if the truth is that our grande new pressure-mining system isn't as grande as we'd like to believe? What if the truth was that these systems can get over-pressured way to easily? What if the result is an explosion of not only drilling equipment - but an entire cache of natural gas and shale and other crap? This thought randomly entered my headspace and I can't get over it. I'd greatly appreciate any input towards - both - sides of this argument, because more than anything I want to know the truth.
edit on 23-11-2012 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2012 by doesntmakesense because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 24/11/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
My question is this.... What is big enough and with enough power to cause the booms in that context......yet leave nothing to see afterward for destruction or even the release of power that suggests?

Sonic Boom Basics

I know the above link is basic to almost an insulting level....but I list it for this:

I'd never actually seen it done and captured mere feet above physical ground level. I'll bet they worked half the day to time that shot to come at the instant it was in good camera range and framed for the split second. It's quite a blast wave we hear too. Google up a U.S. Aircraft Carrier demo of jets breaking the sound barrier in low altitude flybys for VIP's. It's hilarious because they always seem to start asking each other "was that it??" JUST as the real shock wave/sound hits. That must be a high point for Carrier officers.

Here is my problem. The Sound Barrier is broken well under 800 Miles Per Hour. The sky diver recently broke 833 Miles Per Hour and the ammunition I reload to shoot is generally loaded to come right around 1200 Feet Per Second outside the rifle calibers. That is 818 Miles Per Hour. The skydiver did not become strawberry jam and I don't recall a big deal made of huge sonic booms from him. My firearms make enough bang to ring your ears for awhile but can't be heard from a few blocks away, normally.

So.. ^^ We see that sonic booms can come in all shapes, sizes and altitudes but BIG ones take a BIG event ...or in the case of the Shuttle, something so insanely far beyond the barrier, that breaking it can be heard over an area of a nation....not just localized.

.......... So what the heck is making the booms and do we even WANT to know? Perhaps, just occasionally, ignorance is bliss on topics we can do nothing but fret about the details of?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
All the booms are ver y eeri e

join