It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't talk about UFOs around children!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by grayeagle

Why oh why don't you just tell the child the truth?

Here I'll do it 4 ya......

There are these people called the mayans, and they're magic. At least their ancestors were magic because they made a magical calandar. This magical calandar has told us that the world as we know it is going to end on December 21st of this year.

Some people think we will all die. They think there will be big storms and earthquakes and volcanoes and floods but they're all wrong. Other people think there will be a war and we'll be nuked but they're also wrong.

What is going to happen is the ufos are coming back with the aliens. They're on their way right now and there's nothing we can do to stop them. We don't know if they are coming back to help us or if they want to eat us but either way in about a month we're gonna find out.

You see it's that easy.
I'm always available to babysit.

That actually isn't a bad way to put it except to keep it in the terms that "some crazy people think"...."and in the unlikely case they are right... I believe that they would only come to help,.... as otherwise what is the point of life? ...Thus if you think about these things, it only makes sense to view any such possible occurrences as unlikely as they are, to come in on the very positive side for humanity."

I.E. Teach them to view things in the positive light. There is no hiding these subjects at this point in time from a normal, healthy 11 year old.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
With all the Hollywood movies about bad aliens, they have everyone thinking any life forms from other parts of the universe are going to malevolent. Heck, we have animals, reptiles and sea life that don't look anything like us. They are actually alien looking but reside on our own planet. Life forms that have to adapt to a different or hostile environment surely will not look like us. So why should we be so alarmed if one day an intelligent race decides to make their presence known?

The more we ignore the fact that there is an absolute probability of other intelligent species residing in other parts of the galaxy or universe, the more we will be unprepared to accept them and continue to look upon them as being malevolent. The people of the world need to prepare for the possibility of other life forms landing and making themselves known. It's just a matter of time when they will decide to make contact.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

Perhaps you didn't read my post where I stated emphatically that I referred to it as an unidentified flying object. I never said anything about it might being a flying saucer filled with aliens. I agree with a previous poster that it appears you are over reacting. I have thought back to that conversation and I believe I suggested that it might be some king of military drone. I totally protect my grandson and to imply that I would do otherwise is rude and wrong. Sometimes when someone jumps into a thread without reading all the replies from the start they miss important bits of information. I hope this clarifies my position.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
My Three year old isn't in the slightest bit afraid of aliens, quite the opposite in fact. She has long understood that when she see aliens that she should tell them to clear off home!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
reply to post by swan001

My grandson is 11 and I don't know if he has seen anything himself. I have only spoken of my experience once in front of him. I called it a UFO not an alien spaceship. He is very intelligent and curious of the world and universe around him. His father is 6' 6" football and track and field athlete. My grandson plays baseball and basketball and has not been pampered. My daughter is a master's level school counselor. They have recently moved to the Portland, Oregon, area. I wonder if the move has caused his nightmares?

I do not think you were the cause for it, that I am 90% sure. Something else has fuel-ed his nightmares... something he experienced. Especially if, as you say, you just called it an UFO, not an alien spacecraft. As for moving to Portland, I doubt it was the cause for nightmares... I mean, surely Portland isn't that bad...

They previously lived in the Spokane Valley. Now ! I just remembered they lived near to an area that has seen a lot of UFO activity over the years.

That may provide a good clue.

His basement bedroom would have afforded him a view of that area. Also, I just remembered I gave him a telescope for his birthday 2 years ago. I really can't speculate about anything he may have seen or not and I can't ask him about it.

I doubt he would have seen UFOs through a telescope - due to magnification, it's hard to get a lock on a moving object. Even stars are hard to follow, I constantly have to readjust my angle.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I am wondering is it that subconsciously people know that UFOs are real and therefore possibly pose a real threat while witches, wizards, demons, vampires and werewolves are seen as pure fantasy. What do you all think?

Those fantastical creatures all fall into the same category as religion - myth - whereas UFOs have basis only in science.

As such, it's little wonder godtards (presuming the parent(s) in question qualify) would rather their kids' brains be soused in myth and monsters--it makes their 'serious' beliefs seem that much less absurd.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Vampires werewolves fairies leprachauns etc whilst can be frightening, lack the plethora of "evidence" of existence that UFO's do. There are fantasy love stories about most of the mythical creatures Twilight Beauty & The Beast and such, I don't recall any such nice fluffy stories about UFO's or Aliens. Werewolves & fairies don't seem to be wandering around abducting people and experimenting on them against their will. We see these creatures in films and read about them in books but we don't actually see them. UFO's have been seen for centuries are pictured in ancient and renaissance artworks are the subject of various Government Bodies and classified top secret. That in itself creates fear, fear of it being real and true and way too close to home.

No-one wants to feel inferior and the thought of more intelligent beings than us roaming the planet/skies isfrightening especially as we are only drip fed tit bits of information and are unable to "prepare" (if necessary) because the powers that be deem is too stupid to know the truth.

The spate of Alien/UFO films over this last ten years or so I feel is a clue. A lot of people believe the Hollywood film industry is often dictated to by "others", they give us feel good films when governments decide we the populace need them, they give us propaganda in the form of stories always full to the brim of moralistic overtones. And then they give us Alien attack films...showing however, that we always win so hey don't fear folks we got this covered. False sense of security before dropping the big one "meet your new next door neighbour from the planet Zog. Please play nicely"

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Years ago vampires and werewolfs were considered real.People getting bitten by rabid animals and what not. Now in the stories Dracula changed into a bat and killed and got destroyed in the sunlight(people with rabies hate light).Today vampires go to school in the day and have human girlfriends.It is the project of human fear and UFO stories havent got to the point were they are friendly.There is still the fear we are not alone and unknown plus it will destroy all religious faith almost like the movie signs.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I am wondering is it that subconsciously people know that UFOs are real and therefore possibly pose a real threat while witches, wizards, demons, vampires and werewolves are seen as pure fantasy. What do you all think?

I think it is more of a case that we see with many many parents today...

They look outward and blame everything on everyone else around them, rather than inward and accept responsibility for what is happening in their own home.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It is wrong to talk to children because in moronic society that ridicules things they do not understand which may likley turn out true, no matter how wild it sounds, your child will be considered a retard, a fool, a shizo, kids will laugh at your child at school.

So yup, have to reset the clocks on human beings to start thinking over, otherwise it will be bad to talk about it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Oddly enough, we never talked about UFO's though didn't avoid it either. The kids watched lots of cartoons and animes, also movies. In a house with 5 boys its hard to shelter the young one from movies I consider too action/violent/scarey from what the older boys, and their sleep over friends watch.

We do talk about UFO's occasionally now however since we all have seen them and more.

I have no rules against talking about anything however, and consider open minded discussions and being able to be open and not close doors if children/youths should broach things that are troubling them also. And don't actually respect other people's ideas if a child sleeps over either, because kids talk about their sitings and are curious.

Some of them are fear based about UFO's. The ones that tend to be that way, are often experiencers themselves. Others really like the topic, for they've seen things themselves and can't bring it up at home often.
Have had some interesting conversations with teens about Ufology, and had them share ufology related subjects very deeply.

I would open the gates on communication on this issue further, and explain there are a lot more things that cause nightmares, rather than the ufology. So communication about rising above the earth tests and choosing positive thoughts and compassion towards others is usually part and parcel with any ufology subject.

Someone mentioned Independence Day, and that was a terrific action based movie, BUT, the Ufology are evil/harvesting/bug like monsters is not a great way of bringing up what ufology is. And that is what ufology is 99% of the time in the media. Just bringing up Positive,and how we are in a testing ground, there can be both sides around, and to focus on personal integrity and compassion, to work through all flaws in self and care about others takes away alot of that negativity.

I got my kids to watch The Matrix, Groundhog Day the Movie, Hook, What Dreams May Come (and discussions on those movies a bit). All of those relate to Ufology by the way and to why we're here.
Also read out a bit of Sleeper and ET_MAN's posts because having positive outlook and making sure we're wearing clean underwear in life is important.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I recently was on the phone talking with my daughter when she asked me not to talk about UFOs the next time I visited. She says my 11 yr. old grandson is having bad dreams and she doesn't want me to talk about anything that might scare him, On my last visit I had mentioned that I had seen 2 UFOs in Boise and that someone else had photographed one over Ann Morrison Park. At no time did I say they were controlled by aliens. Apparently, after I left he told his mother that he knew about Area 51. I had not talked about Area 51. So I am assuming he found out that information either through TV, internet or from other 11 year old friends.
Now here is the rub, she has allowed him to read every Harry Potter book and watch every movie. This last summer she took him to see Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Florida. She and her friends are very much into the Twilight books and movies and talk about them around him. He has been well introduced to witches, wizards, demons, vampires and werewolves. He can say the name Voldemort but isn't allowed to say UFO.

During dreams your mind subconsciously processes information and relays it into conscious dreams. Your subconscious is trying to "figure out" what's going on. Nightmares can be attributed to stress/paranoia/fear. He's probably having bad dreams because he's scared of all the s### he's been told about.

There's no doubt in my mind that UFOs are real...but to say that dreams of UFOs are, for example, caused by alien encounters or vice versa is extremely rare. Dreams are normally just that. Dreams.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
After reading this post and its replies I got to thinking " when did I accept the possibility of UFO's and Alien life? ". When I think back I guess I just always did. Perhaps some of the cartoons I watched as a kid had something to do with it. Anyone remember a cartoon called "Toto the kid from outer space " ? Was made in the 60's I think, and was entertaining enough with this alien kid getting into all kinds of mischief. How about the "Great Ga-zoo " from the old Flintstones cartoons? He was fairly funny, helpful and was cloaked from all eyes except Fred and Barney. Is it just me or did they originally present these aliens as friendly and helpful to put it out there for a younger generation at the time? By the mid - 60's shows like " Stat Trek " started to put a little different spin on the possibilities of not so friendly and helpful aliens out there. Now alot of sci-fi movies and shows portray them as down right nasty and out to exterminate us.
Maybe as the alien - human agenda has evolved over the years, so has the media propaganda in entertainment to reflect this.

edit on 26-11-2012 by cprnicus because: The space kids name may have been " Dodo ". Hard to remember, been along time. Think I'll utube that one.
edit on 26-11-2012 by cprnicus because: Correction?
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I take it he's never seen 'The Flight of the Navigator', or 'The Last Starfighter'. Perhaps it's time to introduce him.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I have three children, all of whom are now in their 20's.
When they were young they often heard me and others talk about UFO's and ET life. I've been an avid amateur researcher in the field for over thirty years.
My kids were never "phased" by it because it was explained to them early on that there is a big difference between UFO's and aliens or ETV's.
UFO's is a highly misused term. Just listen carefully to many mainstream news media reports on the subject. Often they will start the segment with a meaningless statement asking the viewers "Do you believe in UFO's?".
Honestly, it is abuse of the meaning. Of course one should "believe" in UFO's, being simply Unidentified Flying Objects. "Do you believe UFO's, in some cases, may be extraterrestrial vehicles either piloted or controlled by aliens?"...is what they mean of course. Trouble is, that sounds a little too much like their may be some level of intelligence used in the analysis.
I believe we should talk to our children about the subject, but in a serious and informed manner. Do your part to remove the stigma of the "tin-foil" hat image and the scary aliens coming to conquer Earth Hollywood image.
Extraterrestrial life does not belong in the aisles of the library under science-fiction, fairy tales, or paranormal.
This huge Universe is all made of the same few dozen elements that exist here on Earth. It is highly probably we live in a Universe teeming with a variety of life. Just look at the millions of species on our small planet living within a widely diverse array of environments.
Discovering the truth is the task at hand. Giving an R-rating to the existence of extraterrestrial life and keeping it from our children stifles the possibility that they will grow up with an open mind.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Dont ismy name i am a rapper why did i learn the craft i talk to aliens and they told me to learn everything for a reason Dont talk to ufo's they will test you .Satan is talking i hear him . Why am I bored enough to do this. say again say what say tits cant say on here can i guys .say Dont they scream your name everyday in The Black Dahlia Murder on tape you can hear it ever song almost Satan says bye bye last sign in for the night .bye Black Dahlia rules so does dope America all states bye . hi.bye post. internet hi im gone

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I remember asking my uncle about life out there when i was maybe younger than five years old. I think kids have a sixth sense about these things

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgon8819

No I don't agree with you. The reason is because humans, kids as old folks, are curious about the unkown. It doesn't have anything to do with sixth sense.

Remember that the subject about UFO;s has a tendency to evolve to more like a phenomenon. Things that makes us think, analyze and believe does affect our daylife. However, we have to be cautious so we don't believe too much. Believing on something without any reason is just a belief and nothing more. We create people like Marshall Applewhite and Bonnie Nettles who killed a lot of people. We have to have a critical mind when we look at this phenomena otherwise we can fall very deep in our own beliefs and never be able to climb up again.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Same things happen to me.

I am not allowed to bring any subject I read from ATS to my brothers and sisters. My parents absolutely forbids it.

I think their reason was that it doesn't matter if what I say about Conspiracy Theory is real or not real. It's about whether the kids can handle it or not.

For example, if you were to tell your 11 year old that 9/11 was a staged attack by it's very own people. Trust me, no matter how much of a 9/11 insider job believer you are, you're going to create trouble for your kid.

Kids trust their parents like it's the word from God. Next thing you know, he's going to run to school and start yappin' about a fake 9/11. How many other kids, adults, teachers can accept something like this?

I think worse case scenario, he may get expelled from school or worse.

So basically, my parents forbade me from opening the minds of my younger brothers/sisters. Not until they learn how to shut their mouths up when the subject should not be brought up.

You see, there's certain people you can discuss things with, likes the kind folks here on ATS. Then there is the other portion of the population, who consider "free-thinkers" to be lunatics. Who may just end up Salem Witch hunt your ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join