It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-28 Days and counting!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

NASA said that a massive asteroid strike on earth the size of 4179 Toutatis would wipe out anything living on Earth, but added it poses no hazard to the plant at this time.

no hazard to the plant eh! Me cabbages are safe then.

I always love yours posts PM.

Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into sharing your knowledge with us here on ATS. A SnF for you sir.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I've been trying to stay impartial and to observe. The whole Mayan thing interests me, and I'm surprised I didn't dig into it deeper. Nonetheless, I have been trying to lock down the few facts and balance the new theories. None of the new theories or ideas ever got any traction with me. I couldn't believe the world was ending.

So, when I try to figure out what I actually know is, I figure there was a calender, and according to that calender, today is the last day. I don't believe there is any evidence to suggest the Mayans thought this was the earth being destroyed. They wrote about everything in their culture, so why wouldn't they have many references to the end of time. Instead, they were big on find out where they fit in the universe. And they were thinking big and long.

So, this is all I know. The Mayan figured this would be the start of a new age.(and by new age I don't mean people dancing with flower power) Or just a new day in the next calender cycle. No. Simply. This is a new time. If there is any meaning to this at all it must be taken literally, it means something will start and not end. Whatever that is. Heck, it could be destruction. Destruction bringing a new start. Phoenix-like. Whichever.

Puterman. You're timing is wrong. And so is everyone else's. Since then Mayan were looking at the world and universe through their eyes, it is not UTC. They didn't get invited to the party and sinc their time with western time. Besides, they were a bit before that whole standardization fad. To the Mayan, their calender will end on Mayan time. Which is in Mexico. Which is still in the dark. So. Everyone has jumped the gun and were still not there yet. Remember the Mayans were using the calander not as a thing to measure time. They were using it to find out where they were.Their position. Their position in the 'known' universe. So, to not take this into account is make a mistake about perspective.

I'm still watching Yellowstone.
two tiny ones Mary Lake
they're even of the negative variety.
maybe -.03M

but quakes nonetheless and since were' still waiting...

edit on 21-12-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

And to really know what the Mayans were calculating, you'd have to know how they celebrated the solitice. And do they give credence to the whole three days before the sun 'comes' back. No wonder I didn't dig into this deeper. In the end I don't think it matters.

Oh, and if this is the end. This would be the quiet before the storm. The most worstest thing that's happened is the big storm. Last night I thought it was the end. The power went out. But it was only on our street so I knew I was safe.

No earthquakes. Nothing erupting big time at the moment. Puterman's listed the two which have gone off recently.
hmm "too quiet?
shut up robin

edit on 21-12-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I know it is gone and done and dusted but just for completeness here are the quakes Mag 4.5+ for today up to 11:11

Prov,Date/Time UTC,Latitude,Longitude,Magnitude,Depth(Km),Location
usgs,2012-12-21 09:26:52, -20.151, -176.321, 4.5, 234.7, Fiji Region
usgs,2012-12-21 09:23:44, 19.260, -65.217, 3.2, 11.0, Puerto Rico Region
usgs,2012-12-21 08:07:18, 38.601, 141.911, 5.0, 35.3, Nr. E. Coast Of Honshu. Japan
usgs,2012-12-21 07:30:44, 0.989, 98.777, 4.5, 62.8, Nias Region. Ind.
usgs,2012-12-21 07:05:10, 13.476, -91.785, 4.3, 35.5, Offshore Guatemala
usgs,2012-12-21 06:23:09, -15.365, -173.012, 4.6, 40.3, Tonga
usgs,2012-12-21 04:49:06, 52.229, 157.781, 4.8, 132.3, Kamchatka Peninsula. Russia
usgs,2012-12-21 01:45:18, -20.734, -174.104, 4.9, 30.7, Tonga

It IS very quiet. There is a big one out there lurking.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
PuterMan thank you for the work you have put into this thread. I've checked it almost daily.

The little notes that went along with some of the posts gave good insight.

Now, about this big one lurking? Let's hope it's not too big.

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

Puterman. You're timing is wrong. And so is everyone else's. Since then Mayan were looking at the world and universe through their eyes, it is not UTC.

Actually my dear friend YOU are wrong because their calendar was based on the celestial objects and thus the Solstice, which just happens to be 11:11 UTC on 21st December. In fact it was more accurately 11:11:37.4 UTC.

The date and time reference used is fairly irrelevant. It is the conjunctions and alignments of the celestial bodies that matter. After all we could be using the Hebrew or Muslim calendar or the Julian calendar. Each has an equivalent for the time of the conjunction/solstice/equinox/alignment or whatever it is you are viewing at the time.

ETA: Welcome to the 14th B'ak'tun

edit on 21/12/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I am thinking that it will be under Mag 8 for certain.

There could feasibly be one or even a pair of Mag 7 in Vanuatu region region but these would likely be under Mag 7.5 and would not cause any great damage.

The other possibility is the Tonga region, but I think that may be under Mag 7, possibly Mag 6.4.

Unfortunately I have not put enough time aside to rework my stress calculator so I am sort of flying blind at the moment. I like to have an idea of what is ready to 'pop' and at present I don't.

I must fix that early in the next year - now we have been gifted a next year.

Of course I may be completely wrong and it could be the Moro gulf or close by.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join