It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shaun Ryder to host new UFO series on History Channel - UFOlogy is now a Joke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The History channel is now promoting a new 2013 series on UFO`S with former drug addict
and lead singer of the Happy Mondays .. Shaun Ryder as its host for the 8 part series.

www.digitalspy.co.uk...

The UFO research phenomena has been recently insulted and exploited by the crass BBC
with its dismal and tacky programme ' Conspiracy Road Trip - UFO`s' on October 15th 2012.

No UFO video or photographic evidence was presented and it only provided a free holiday.

It was a shameful exploitation of the UFO subject via a dismal programme and whole series.

What can we expect from History Channel`s 'Shaun Ryder on UFO`s' ? Much of the same!

We will have the cranks and charlatans who make up UFO related tales, just to appear on TV.

Maybe some Big Brother reality TV contestant who wants to get 'his or her face' back on
TV by claiming outlandish UFO related incidents? or some washed up and wasted celebrity?

However, that may well be the host of the hard hitting and serious UFO series?

These new UFO programmes are a complete farce, especially when they get a comedian
or pop star to host them. It creates a wannabe celebrity element to the UFO subject and
now all alleged UFO incidents will be exploited by many opportunists who want to be part of
any forthcoming UFO documentary and will create the scenario to tailor the UFO theme.

Example: Sheena from Llandrillo has recently come forward about her UFO sighting in 1974

'' I was walking back home from the youth club and I saw a UFO crash into the Berywn
mountains and it was only the fact there was going to be a documentary on UFO`s..
that I found it conveniently necessary to reveal my story after all these years.''
''Hey I`m Scully now..arent I? ..you know .. the one with the red hair? .. I`m not sure..
and when am I gonna be on telly with this? .. do want me to write a UFO book?''

Example: John from Ipswich has come forward about his 1980 Rendlesham Forest incident

''It was Christmas eve 1980 .. and I ain`t told anyone. You have a UFO stuff exclusive ''

''I was looking for my dog which escaped from its lead and ran into Rendlesham forest
and I noticed some soldiers with torches. I hid behind a tree and a triangular UFO
landed right beside of me and I saw some aliens in the craft and Larry Warren carrying
a torch and a tape recorder and he kept repeating ''something strange ...wow ....wow..
this is weird ''.. and I can tell you that it was really weird .. cos I was actually there.''

Since the recent UFO documentaries, John and Sheena have now become leading UFO
investigators and formed new UFO groups 'Media UFO Witness' and 'UFOdocs`R Us'

A support group has also been created by the duo that helps the fabrication witness to come
to terms with the withdrawal symptoms of not hosting or being part of a UFO documentary.

Tv`s hard man Danny Dyer has is currently under UFO documentary withdrawal recovery

Danny found it difficult to portray his struggle with his UFO documentary Vacuum

''those geezers who survive this.. they must be hard! .. I`m an actor...but those punters
just lie.. and they weren`t there! ..and with the cameras rolling! ..hardest on the planet''

9/11`s Tania Head will provide councelling with her 11 years experience for victims
of media UFO withdrawal and a recovery plan via her group helpline 'Convenient Witness'

Tania recalls how she helped Jimmy of Texas overcome his anxiety over the 1963 JFK incident.

Despite living in England at the time, Jimmy was at the soda machine machine standing
behind Lee Harvey Oswald and he noticed a sheet of paper in his back pocket with a picture
of Kennedy`s face with an X mark on the right side of his head. As Oswald bent down to pick
up his can of coke, his wallet dramatically fell to the ground as he swiftly left the building.

Jimmy inspected the wallet and it was full with Soviet rubles and a picture of Fidel Castro.
He then looked for Oswald to return his wallet and then Jimmy was embroiled in a fist fight
with three well dressed tramps. He eventually escaped and took refuge inside a nearby book
depositary and he heard distinctive gunshots from a room close by on the upper floor.

As he opened the door, he saw the same man from earlier at the Soda machine and said
'Here`s you wallet ..hey ..what just happened there ..gunshots?'' Oswald calmly replied

''I just killed the President with a magic bullet and now I`m off to the movies''

Tania reflected on her own experience. ''Why did I choose 9/11 ? It was just too big a story''

''The Pheonix Lights UFO story.. nobody could have checked back to 1997, I coulda said that
Jake was fumbling me in the back of his Chevvy. I stormed off and seen that god damn UFO''

''big flashing triangular thing and it made no noise, and it could have changed my life forever
and got me on regular UFO documentaries and stuff with no comeback whatsoever ''

''Damn! .. I coulda dined out on that UFO story for years on end and met Dan Ackroyd''

edit on 23-11-2012 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2012 by deprogrammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
When hasn't UFO's and everything related to them been been a joke? Remember this little gem and this IS from England too...

I'd have died laughing except she didn't seem the least bit aware of the fact it was a big joke and the store bought thing in a rock couldn't have been real. Errr... What's a person to think, watching that? lol..... 'They came, they saw, they found nothing worth taking and left'. Indeed... When we finally see a copy of "Encyclopedia Galactica' We'll be horrified to find Earth listed with a caption of "Dogpatch - Avoid if possible".

Personally speaking, I don't question UFO's any more than I question the Ocean being wet or Space being cold. I don't have to experience it by drowning or freezing to know it's that way and seeing what I believe to have been a couple in different stages in life removed all my doubt. Look on the bright side for stuff like the BBC......people like me who are open but NOT knowledgeable yet may come to the subject by laughter but stay by curiosity when they find the laughter is based on things impossible to explain.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Producers are currently looking for viewer contributions to the show

Yikes! I wonder what kind of contributions.

These kinds of series just get worse and worse, don't they. I looked at snippets here and there on the net, of that bbc Area 51 deal. I wondered if this could go lower.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

Something to consider is: UFOlogy has largely done it to itself.

Were it not for the veritable overwhelming gluttonous orgy of fraud, hoax, charlatans, wide-eyed goshing believe first and ask questions later (if at all), as well as all the really easy money forked over to the frauds and charlatans thereby reinforcing, validating, and encouraging their existence, then, there might just be a little bit more 'serious' interest.

Lack of education concerning known phenomenon, as well as the I don't know what it is so it MUST be aliens further contributes to the UFOlogy circus.

Stop spending your money, and time on all nonsense books and shows. Quit adding your eyes to the ratings list.

Quit being so 'open-minded' and try to be more rigidly critical.
Accept only Empirical Data, and all else as circumstantial and inadmissible.
Quit goshing and gushing over every little Youtube video of some ambiguous light in the sky.
Accept nothing less than verifiable corroborated primary source material.
Quit listening and taking stock in eye-witness stories. Drug addicts and schizophrenics can tell stories just as amazing. Stories are just that, and may as well be inadmissible.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
history channel doing anything ufo related
equals massive joke

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
ufo programmes on mainstream TV are invariably biased in favour of a 'nothing to see here' mentality, or if attempting to be impartial, deathly dull. and of course we know every word of every story they retell. yet the dearth of UFO programming on mainstream TV in general means that we will watch them nonetheless. c'est la vie.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's very simple and goes for any topic imaginable.

Unpopular -------------------------|---------------------------------> Popular
High Quality

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's cyclical, go ahead and let it be a joke for as long as it is able to.

UFOs were anything but a joke for the three families involved in these two different episodes. I am sure that many of you know these well...

At 4 mins. 40 seconds
Frank Mannor Family, 1966. Dexter Michigan.

The Kelley-Hopkinsville Encounter

Let 'em laugh it up.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Yes, only now has it become a joke. Because this guy

Is totally legitimate.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Too true. Look at what Jesse Ventura's show is trying to do to Conspiracy Theories. The first season was okay but I don't know what the hell is going on now, I see more and higher quality research on ats 15-20 times a day then they can manage for an entire season.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
it's been a joke for 30 years....

Not saying none of them could ever possibly be real or that they couldn't possibly exist, but any that may possibly be factual in any way, shape or form, nobody has ever heard about because The Powers that Be know how to keep mouths closed.

Everything anyone here possibly knows or think they know about UFOs.... it's pretty much a joke

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
It's very simple and goes for any topic imaginable.

Unpopular -------------------------|---------------------------------> Popular
High Quality

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They want it to be a joke. It helps people find a way to sort of alienate those who agree with the idea that UFOs do exist.

Ufo evidence as presented by a video I made. I am going to make a 15 minute highlight reel, but It will take some time.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Shaun Ryder about Ufologists in NME Music Magazine and History Channel UFO`s

www.nme.com... (brief quote below)

''The thing is right..a lot of UFOLOGISTS are giving it a bad name

''and (snip) IT UP ...good and proper ..some are not UFOLOGISTS
and they give it a bad name ....Just raving (snip) bonkers! ''

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets see them Shaun Ryder ...and Bring em on in Episode One

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors. Please Review This Link.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I saw Shaun Ryder breifly discuss UFO's on telly. He seemed genuinely interested in UFO's after saying he saw a cracker himself some years ago.

Think the OP is being a bit of a dick when stating ......Ex drug user / addict.( makes a mockery of the subject). He's more real than the people that run this country that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I personally comend him for producing this show.

Anyone who knows Shaun will know that he is quite a serious guy. Having people taking the P* out of him is not a good idea and I wouldn't imagine he would want negative attention from thoses who know him.

I personally think he has a genuine interest in the subject and give hime 5 stars for pulling his finger out and doing something about it.

Of course..........there is alway celebrity big brother? Ahem.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

You put too much weight and importance on the History Channel whether viewed in the UK, US, worldwide. When a channel that calls itself "History" you'd think that they would depend on real, factual history. So, how's this for "factual, historical evidence" programming?: "Mankind The Story of All of Us: Jesus of Nazareth is crucified." that was on this past Tuesday. There is no historical evidence to support the reality of Jesus yet this channel has the nerve to perpetuate a myth.

So don't feel bad if they let you down on the subject of UFOs, as long as you know better you don't have to watch their programming for you know ahead of time that whatever they present may not necessarily be historical, may not be the truth, may be distorted material, may be bs.

Untune yourself.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Something to consider is: UFOlogy has largely done it to itself.

Were it not for the veritable overwhelming gluttonous orgy of fraud, hoax, charlatans, wide-eyed goshing believe first and ask questions later (if at all), as well as all the really easy money forked over to the frauds and charlatans thereby reinforcing, validating, and encouraging their existence, then, there might just be a little bit more 'serious' interest.

Lack of education concerning known phenomenon, as well as the I don't know what it is so it MUST be aliens further contributes to the UFOlogy circus.

Stop spending your money, and time on all nonsense books and shows. Quit adding your eyes to the ratings list.

Quit being so 'open-minded' and try to be more rigidly critical.
Accept only Empirical Data, and all else as circumstantial and inadmissible.
Quit goshing and gushing over every little Youtube video of some ambiguous light in the sky.
Accept nothing less than verifiable corroborated primary source material.
Quit listening and taking stock in eye-witness stories. Drug addicts and schizophrenics can tell stories just as amazing. Stories are just that, and may as well be inadmissible.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

Well said and here are the examples and look at my signature:
Roswell incident
Walton Travis
Betty and Barney Hill
Dr Jonathan Reed
Eduard "Billy" Meier
George Adamski and ilk
Images of Extraterrestrial Beings
Viral Computer-Imaging UFO Videos found on YouTube and loved and posted here by gullible members
Area 51 and all other Areas
Crop Circle and the "alien-believing experts"
Kecksburg
Fill in your own

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus
Yes, only now has it become a joke. Because this guy

Is totally legitimate.

While the "hair guy" is the scapegoat, in my opinion all of the participants, degreed or not, are equally as ridiculous as the "hair guy". It would have been interesting if every one of them got their hair done at the same place. Can you imagine that everyone watching that show would still be laughing, even in their sleep!

edit on 23-11-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct grammar.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Yes. don't forget "Some Koind of Skoy" guy:

Definitely some koind of something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join