It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Military emails show that NO U.S. sailors witnessed Bin Laden's secret burial at sea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Revealed: Military emails show that NO U.S. sailors witnessed Bin Laden's secret burial at sea

www.dai lymail.co.uk

Internal emails among U.S. military officers indicate that no American sailors watched Osama bin Laden's burial at sea from the USS Carl Vinson, and traditional Islamic procedures were followed during the secret ceremony.

The emails, obtained by The Associated Press through the Freedom of Information Act, are heavily blacked out, but are the first public disclosure of government information about the al-Qaida leader's death.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 23-11-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Readers of ATS will be well aware of the theories regarding Bin Laden's 'death', many thinking he died of natural causes not long after 9/11.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Objective Evidence that Bin Laden is Dead

The objective evidence includes the following facts:

First, up until mid-December 13, 2001, the CIA had regularly been intercepting messages between bin Laden and his people. At that time, however, the messages suddenly stopped, and the CIA has never again intercepted a message.

Second, on December 26, 2001, a leading Pakistani newspaper published a story reporting that bin Laden had died in mid-December, adding:

“A prominent official in the Afghan Taleban movement . . . stated . . . that he had himself attended the funeral of bin Laden and saw his face prior to burial.”

Third, bin Laden had kidney disease. He had been treated for it in the American Hospital in Dubai in July 2001, at which time he reportedly ordered two dialysis machines to take home. If you have ever wondered what bin Laden was doing the night before the 9/11 attacks, CBS News reported that he was being given kidney dialysis treatment in a hospital in Pakistan.

And in January of 2001, Dr. Sanjay Gupta said – based on a video of bin Laden that had been made in either late November or early December of 2001 – that he appeared to be in the last stages of kidney failure.

Back to the Daily Mail article-

Emails describe how Osama bin Laden's body was washed, wrapped in a white sheet and slid into the sea after religious remarks in Arabic

Defense Department says it cannot find any images or videos of bin Laden's aboard USS Carl Vinson

Pentagon failed to produce autopsy report, death certificate or results of DNA tests

Military officials referred to bin Laden's body as 'package' in coded missives
Release of emails mark first public disclosure of information about bin Laden's May 1, 2011 death

So, only a very small percentage of the crew were even made aware that Bin Laden was onboard the USS Carl Vinson. Not only that, there was no autopsy report or death certificate.

I don't know the truth but I'll leave you to make up your own minds on the matter

www.dai lymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-11-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Pfffft, we all know that Osama is currently sitting on some sunny beach sipping pina coladas bought by the C.I.A.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
So, only a very small percentage of the crew were even made aware that Bin Laden was onboard the USS Carl Vinson. Not only that, there was no autopsy report or death certificate.

First off, it shouldn't be a surprise to anybody who has served or are familiar with the fact that active duty personnel's correspondence is censored. SOP. Second, Autopsy? The guy had two in the head and one in the chest? What's it going to say? "He died from lead poisoning"? Third, Death certificate?

Really?

Death certificate?

I'm not saying there isn't something fishy [Excuse the pun] about the whole thing but they need to come up with something a bit more substantial imho.

edit on 23-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Maybe the guy never really existed, maybe he was all media creation, some actor from the ME....An idea buried at sea ?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm not saying there isn't something fishy [Excuse the pun] about the whole thing but they need to come up with something a bit more substantial imho.

Good one mate, buried at sea, fishy, get it?

Did you put the "excuse the pun" bit in after?

edit on 23-11-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
So we now have emails that show Bin Laden was buried at sea this is what this article says to me. It is very clear that these documents provide details about Bin Laden’s death. I see no significance in the fact that crew members did not attend the funeral. Furthermore I also think that just because the pentagon is withholding much of the documentation is to be expected this was a true “black op” you don’t expect too many details hence why much of these documents have been highlighted with black ink.

If anything this article to me only adds to the mound of evidence that shows Bin Laden really killed during operation Neptune Spear, not diminish it. These documents add to what we know about the raid and its aftermath they don’t cast any more doubt over the story that we already had rather they do the opposite. The only new information hear just adds to the evidence proving that Bin Laden was killed may 1st 2011.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Whatever really happened to bin Laden, I never believed that it happened as the way it was told.
I certainly haven't seen a single iota of evidence that supported the story.

At least when Bush captured and killed our 'enemies' in Iraq, we were presented proof of it happening.
No one questioned whether or not we actually captured Saddam, right?

After a decade of so much sacrifice in searching for Osama, all we got was hearsay.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ok, I have said this before, Sadam Hussein, and Qudaffi, were highly televised events. Ok, I'm a pollock, keep that in mind, No, one witnessed the burial at sea, because, after 9/11, Bin Laden had plastic surgery done, and is right now in the oval office. It might seem far fetched, but still a possibility.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I still don't believe that he was killed. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
"He died from lead poisoning"? Death Certificate?

Done, and Done......

edit on 23-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I find it a little difficult to believe that no sailor observed the body being brought aboard the ship or any part of the 'secret ceremony'.

Really, an aircraft carrier, with sailors and officers standing watches on the bridge, looking out over the flight deck?

Not buying it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It just amazes me how CNN got an Interview with Tim Osm..., err Bin Laden when he was the most wanted man in the world. I doubt the official story.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Considering Bin Laden died under the last administration, but the current administration took credit for it.

Have a hard time of believing the current administration pulled a miracle out of its you know and buried Bin Laden at sea.

Mafia style swimming with the fishes in lead boots and all that.
edit on 23-11-2012 by neo96 because: Clear up the confusion some might have had with that comment.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I stand corrected....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I find it a little difficult to believe that no sailor observed the body being brought aboard the ship or any part of the 'secret ceremony'.

Actually when you read the article it does say that a small group on the ship did know about the presence of his corpse, it says that his body was washed and wrapped and that a officer read out religious passages before he was buried at sea. So really it is misleading to say that “NO” US sailors knew about it because it is clear that a few of the senior staff knew about it.

It makes sense for operational security initially the administration was reluctant to even disclose his death until they were able to assess the intelligence gained.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Unless they fired him out of a main gun, I wonder how it is that they can confirm that Islamic proceedures were followed, if no one witnessed the passage of Bin Ladens body from the deck to the sea?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Islamic procedures!

That is rich considering we have all seen what happens to others their bodies strung up,burned, and dragged through their streets.

The Bin Laden death is nothing but something that doesn't smell so nice being shoveled.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

First off, it shouldn't be a surprise to anybody who has served or are familiar with the fact that active duty personnel's correspondence is censored. SOP. Second, Autopsy? The guy had two in the head and one in the chest? What's it going to say? "He died from lead poisoning"? Third, Death certificate?

Really?

Death certificate?

edit on 23-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

It's a MSM article, it isn't inferring there is a conspiracy.

I was combining it with the evidence already out there- such as evidence that points to him dying in Mid December 2001.

Why would no one on the ship be aware it was taking place, if it was so secret, why even go through with the 'at sea' burial in the first place?

Why no autopsy or death certicate- or some official document- before you burst into sarcastic laughter, remember they took the trouble, 'officially', to give him a proper funeral that respected his beliefs/religion etc.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
Ok, I have said this before, Sadam Hussein, and Qudaffi, were highly televised events. Ok, I'm a pollock, keep that in mind, No, one witnessed the burial at sea, because, after 9/11, Bin Laden had plastic surgery done, and is right now in the oval office. It might seem far fetched, but still a possibility.

Fat fetched, but still a possibility? This is possible like Saddam being our Secretary of State, or George Bush really being a reincarnated Napoleon.

Not really sure this even merited a response, but it IS amusing, I'll give you that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join