It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Two People Shot in Fight Over Wal Mart Parking Space

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
And this is just for towels and electronics.

Imagine what this scene would look like when hyperinflation, an EMP or declining temperatures/drought cause food shortages.

Here's 5:28 that will make you weep.

www.youtube.com...

There is no hope for humanity.

I'm so glad I don't participate in Black Friday........OMG those people are totally insane. I bet I can get it cheaper on craigslist or ebay.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
Thank God I grew up in a time where I can remember stores being closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas. And people did not fight and go crazy over material things. This really scares the hell out of me.

And what scares me the most are the parents who bring their children a long to learn and participate in this insanity.

I've stayed home on black friday for about nine years now. Internet shopping is really the way to go.

Me and my wife stay home as well. And my 19 year old daughter was lamenting to me how materialistic Chistmas has become. She goes to a *real* Christain collage that requires serving. She's also gone on some short term mission trips since she was in the 7th grade and has seen just a little too much of those who go without, both here and in other countries. She also for several years got up at 4:00AM every Monday to serve breakfast to the homeless. She's so digusted withwhat Christmas has become to most people. I'm so grateful that she, at 19 ( and really at 15) could see through all the crap to what really matters.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

Yep. Every day here we hear stories of people (usually 20s somethings) who get into fights at the bar, someone pulls a gun or knife. Usually ends up with someone in the hospital. Lots of crime happening now. I'll venture out more in the summer time, hiking, or mountains. But once winter hits, and it's dark at 5 PM, I'm indoors for the night. Suits me just fine too.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join