It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Two People Shot in Fight Over Wal Mart Parking Space

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
They need to put a stop to these kinds of sales. People waiting in lines for hours waiting for the doors to open. Walmart puts sealed boxes of their "stuff" in the middle of aisles on pallets, people are standing around them with their hands on them like horses waiting to get out of a starting gate, and when the bells go off, they start ripping them open. People pushin' and shovin' ... here in an Illinois store, a guy got taken away for waving a gun around, two women got in a fistfight over a cherry pie in the bakery department, for chrissake .... it's sheer madness and brings out nothing but greediness, meanness, and the absolute worse in people looking for that great bargain so they can save a blessed buck ... literally. Some "great" sales at 6am, then some others at 8 or noon ... just periodically throughout the day. No one knew when anything was going on sale ... like they wanted you to hang out at Walmart all day long, waiting for them to announce when the sale was so there would be a mad dash for that department. Craziness!! That was yesterday, on Thanksgiving. What happened to stores being closed on Thanksgiving so people can have Thanksgiving dinner with their families and then shopping the day after?? Thanks, Sam.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This story is crazy. Apparently so are many of the people willing to get up early in the morning and stand in line for hours for a bargain that will be a common price within a few months or so. A local Walmart in my area was closed down for an hour Thursday evening. Rumour is a bomb scare was called in. The local paper just said a threat was reported and they evacuated the entire store.

I wasn't going to go to any store on Friday but needed some caulk from Lowe's. I went in the afternoon hoping the crowd wasn't going to be bad. At 3 in the afternoon it wasn't bad at all. I was even surprised to still see lots of Black Friday merchandise sitting around. I don't know if that approach was the new plan but I like it. Have lots of merchandise on sale so no one feels like they need to wait in a long line and be rude to everyone. I've noticed a lot of people have no courtesy when driving and in other situations. The morals of a lot of people have really gone downhill.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm more concerned about what the OP got the hammer for.

On a related note, does this really belong in BAN? Also, a parking space? Really?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
lmao shoot people over parking really..has this world really got that f'd up?? Sad, and kind of funny how humans go that low, specially for sales.. Just human stupidity at the worst!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Guns don't kill people. A nation or fretful halfwits, armed to the hilt, do.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

IF it's going to go down badly, It'll happen at a Walmart-- and on camera!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Wonder how many injuries/deaths Walmart is responsible for since Sam's despicable brood took over the business.

Anywho, I'm actually more interested in why OP was felled by the Hammer of Ban, all this eems pretty standard fare

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
People are just nuts aren't they?

Shooting people over a parking space, how messed upo must your life be to be so angry that you shoot someone for a parking space. It's not about the space it is about all the rest iof that persons life, the parking just a flash point.

We really have messed up in western society, we seem to have devised the most miserable possible system to live in and now appear unable to realise that.

Buy less, work less, earn less - enjoy your family and friends instead. The XBox you bought your kid doesn't replace you, the necklace for your wife or the iPad for your daughter.... none of that replaces you and no one can replace the time you've wasted.

I don't hug trees, but this I have learnt eh.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

They keep pulling this # and sooner or later, a gun ban will take place.

Why are so many gun owners clueless idiots like these folks?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

wow is all I can say.You must have been in the right
place at the right time,or the other way around
you beat the reporters to the scene.

I refuse to participate in black friday.If I had
a choice I would never walk into a store again,especially
Wal-mart.I don't understand the intense need
people have for "things"In my mind if you need to save
a couple of bucks on an item so much,you probably can't afford it
anyway.Is this the way we "give"?
This one day brings out the very worst in
humanity.
Makes me feel ashamed to be a part of the
human race.

Greed such a deadly sin.

Just read the update,unbelievable!
I was in a situation a few years ago,can't remember
where I was at but a girl was standing in the middle of the
only parking space left in the lot,I ask her politely to
move she said she was saving it for her friends who were
no where to be found.So I inched my bumper into the
spot until she was forced into retreating.
I believe she was prepared to stand there for hours.
people do crazy things I can only imagine.

edit on 24-11-2012 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

They keep pulling this # and sooner or later, a gun ban will take place.

Why are so many gun owners clueless idiots like these folks?

It's basic math, half of America is below average.

There are plenty of responsible gun owners, but why do a news story about that?

Tonight at 11, gun owner goes about his day without ever unholstering his weapon.

I've had my conceal permit for 13 years, and I only had to pull it once, never fired it at anyone.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Contrary to popular belief unfortunately not every CCW is responsible. The guy who shot the teacher in Texas over loud music and some could say Zimmerman as well.

Seems some Provoke a confrontation, knowing that their gun will save them if things get out of hand, then brandish, and chalk it all up to one for the good guys.
edit on 24-11-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
People are snapping and losing it so easily these days. People wonder why I prefer to stay home rather than go to crowded malls or bars. Too many stupid people in this world.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
And this is just for towels and electronics.

Imagine what this scene would look like when hyperinflation, an EMP or declining temperatures/drought cause food shortages.

Here's 5:28 that will make you weep.

www.youtube.com...

There is no hope for humanity.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Contrary to popular belief unfortunately not every CCW is responsible. The guy who shot the teacher in Texas over loud music and some could say Zimmerman as well.

Seems some Provoke a confrontation, knowing that their gun will save them if things get out of hand, then brandish, and chalk it all up to one for the good guys.
edit on 24-11-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

I've always had an issue with how they do CCW in my state.

The classes are 8 hours long and not very helpful, the skills test is an even bigger joke. Basically if you can stay awake for 8 hours and shoot a target 21 feet away you get a permit.

I'm prior service military and as a medic I carried a pistol instead of a rifle, so I consider myself to be well trained.

It's the yahoo who joked and smoked his way through the course that bothers me.

I'm very big on RTKABA (right to keep and bear arms), but I also think the requirements need to be tightened a bit.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thank God I grew up in a time where I can remember stores being closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas. And people did not fight and go crazy over material things. This really scares the hell out of me.

And what scares me the most are the parents who bring their children a long to learn and participate in this insanity.

I've stayed home on black friday for about nine years now. Internet shopping is really the way to go.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I consider this proof again of reincarnation and that many human beings were bugs, fish, reptiles and mammals in their past life but I had to think hard to guess of what kinds of animals these Walmart Shoppers could have been since most animals and insects have more character and poise than any of most human being but I suppose "Rats" would be a good guess.....Rats fighting, crawling and scratching for garbage!
edit on 24-11-2012 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Maybe stephen king can do a book on this and call it walmart

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
People are snapping and losing it so easily these days. People wonder why I prefer to stay home rather than go to crowded malls or bars. Too many stupid people in this world.

It's getting to a point where I do my best to avoid the crowds. I moved away from a metropolis years ago and although I miss my home town, I'm grateful to be far north, away from some of the insanity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join