It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC NEWS caught lying again.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Seems like the BBC have been covering for the Israeli IDF again, as the Palestinian killed today was shot in the face but yet the BBC claim they were only warning shots at legs, so the BBC reputation slide further downhill with more blatant false reporting.

A Palestinian man has been shot dead by Israeli soldiers close to the Gaza border, Palestinian officials say.

It is the first reported killing since the ceasefire between Hamas and Israel came into force on Wednesday evening. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said it fired warning shots at a group walking towards the border fence, then fired at their legs when they did not respond.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 23-11-2012 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

When did they ever tell the truth?

Seems illogical to expect them to change now.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

I know, but we still have to highlight these lies, and for new users and even a reference thread for someone to use.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I'll keep that in mind when reading anything from there, even though I already had been. It's a shame that they have to do this, and can't be trusted to bring us the truth.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

There are (unbelievable as it may seem) those out there who think the mainstream media tells the truth. Or at the very least will defend it. I have seen some on this site, who would probably even refute something like this staring them in the face. They will tell you that the picture in question could be anyone, shot for any reason. Propaganda comment, etc...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

wait just a minute everyone.
the BBC reported what they were told ... was a reporter on site ?

yes, the msm lies ... but from what is linked above, where's the lie perpetuated by BBC ?

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said it fired warning shots
how is what the IDF said, BBC's fault ??

shouldn't the BBC be given a chance to correct their story as more info becomes available ?
not that they will but ... given a chance all the same.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

shouldn't the BBC be given a chance to correct their story as more info becomes available ? not that they will but ... given a chance all the same.

If you look at the tweet by the BBC you see they did correct there story from IDF shoot and kill Palestinian farmer then 5 mins later too warning shots aimed at legs of Palestinians...

Just saying.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
reply to post by Honor93

shouldn't the BBC be given a chance to correct their story as more info becomes available ? not that they will but ... given a chance all the same.

If you look at the tweet by the BBC you see they did correct there story from IDF shoot and kill Palestinian farmer then 5 mins later too warning shots aimed at legs of Palestinians...

Just saying.
i'm not following your comprehension of this story or tweet one bit.
the tweet says warning shots were fired. the response to the tweet isn't time-stamped.
the linked story reads ...

A man in his 20s, named as Anwar Qdeih, was killed and at least 10 other people injured, said the health ministry in Gaza.

A relative of Mr Qdeih told Reuters news agency that he had been trying to place a Hamas flag on the fence. The army fired into the air three times before he was shot in the head, the relative said.
so, BBC reported what the IDF told them, what a relative of the victim told another news outlet and the reports provided by the Palestinians ... what more do you want ??

if you want us to see the original tweet, please post it as i don't do twitter.
the only one posted is a "Correction" ... and according to the story, warning shots were fired.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

edit on 23-11-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I read the article and to tell you the truth I don't really see the lie? It said they shot warning shots and they did not stop so they continued until this man was killed?

It seems both sides of this conflict has a gang of liars and spinners attached to them. I am just saying I think they are all nuts including the people spinning this one way or the other.
edit on 23-11-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

Also ATS Mods should make you change the title or put this in the HOAX bin.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
have to admit i'm a bit confused as to why Israeli soldiers are firing at anyone approaching the fence
... since when is there a buffer zone beyond the fence ??

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

There has always been a buffer-zone at the fence.

www.aljazeera.com...

Al Jazeera's Nicole Johnston, reporting from Gaza City, said the farmers may have been confused about the current terms of access to the 300-metre wide buffer zone as Wednesday's truce stipulates easing of travel restrictions.

They may have thought that they can now travel there, she said, adding that the shootings would "send a message" to Palestinians that the buffer zone is still a no-go area.
An Israeli military spokeswoman said soldiers fired warning shots into the air to push back about 300 Palestinians who had gathered at different locations along the fence and who were attempting to breach the border.
"After the rioters did not comply, the soldiers responded by firing toward the legs of the rioters," she said.
The Israeli army is able to shoot at people in the buffer zone without entering the area, our correspondent said.

This is apparently video of the incident.
www.ustream.tv...

To ignore the warning shots and repeatedly approach the fence seems pretty foolish to me. I cannot imagine bringing my kids into such a situation.

I also can't imagine why this thread (with this title) is allowed to stay open. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure BBC lies all the time, but this doesn't seem to be a particularly good example, does it? Unless Al Jazeera is spreading the same warning shot lies...
edit on 23-11-2012 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Also ATS Mods should make you change the title or put this in the HOAX bin

Sort your self out man, calling for the hoax bin, not once does it say on the BBC web article how the guy was killed shot in the face through a fence, and the thread about the tweet by the BBC not what was said on the BBCNews web site.

And clearly they wasn't shooting warning shots at there feet, 1 killed 10 others wounded..

edit on 23-11-2012 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

sorry, can't view video but thanks for the summary

hmmmm, a buffer zone eh ?
didn't know that and wouldn't have ever agreed to it but that's me and i'm not there.

i agree with your statement about continuing an approach after firing warning shots ... however, i still don't see where/how the BBC lied in their coverage.

from what the "relative" said ... warning shots were fired into the sky just before the farmer was struck in the head ... surely ppl realize what goes up MUST come down ??

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Dont be fooled. Its not just BBC, news stations in my country have not reported about this today what so ever. If Hamas had done this it would have been "breaking news" all over the world.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Sort myself out ya say. Lets see here am I the one posting news articles and then trying to spin them with lies and propaganda?

Like I said before it seems the whole situation is filled with liars and propaganda for or against. From were I am sitting I think that just about sums it up.

But by all means carry on I am sure you will find a willing audience here on ATS that cares nothing for the truth or the facts. And just to get it straight I think both sides are filled with mixed nuts.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yea I think its crap to blame the BBC as well and is it really that far fetched to think this guy could have hit the dirt or was knocked down in the panic or just stopped to help another and bent over when he took a shot in the face?
No its much more likely the evil IDF wanted to shut him up by shooting him in the mouth, right?

Think I will stop there and hold my tongue.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by _Del_

i agree with your statement about continuing an approach after firing warning shots ... however, i still don't see where/how the BBC lied in their coverage.

I don't either. They video shows they fired multiple warning shots and when someone persisted in climbing on the fence, they shot him. The BBC article doesn't say they fired only warning shots -- only that warning shots were provided.

After watching the video, if someone decided to climb that fence (to secure a flag or otherwise) after the several warnings, they had a terminal case of stupid.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

of course, i cannot watch the video but i can say this ... the last person who breached our fence & home was shot (not dead but shot all the same).
you take the risk, you suffer the consequence ... innocent flag hanging or not, i agree it was a case of terminal stupidity

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
when someone persisted in climbing on the fence, they shot him.

Sounds the same as the East-Berlin-Wall

Far from being democratic.

edit on 23/11/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Actually makes sense if they were shooting at the ground and legs that the guy would take a round in the mouth.......
Before you jump all over me, consider where a ricochette from such a ground shot in front of someone, could easily "Bounce" off a rock or the ground and hit in the head area.....
Forensics will be able to determine this and its possible the Israelis were trying to turn the men with warning shots...
I can never understand what behooves these people to approach the border and keep moving even when warned to stop.....Even when taking rounds they persist lots of times to keep comming.....
Its almost the same as a suicide bomber, except he is the only one killed, and the other side gets" really bad press". Has anyone else had this thought too??
Lets not get into the terrorist state bull# either...keep it technical and factual for a nice change, even though the subject is highly emotionally charged.......
edit on 23-11-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join