It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient 5,000 year old Petroglyphs Stolen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Actually you can do something. The message these glyphs conveyed is really the most important thing about them. You and others have pictures which can help these glyphs endure. Not sure if their is a central depositary for such pictures but we should be able to ensure that they live on (in spirit at least).

Oh! Yes, that would be excellent... I wonder if the Native American Museum in Washington would be interested in them. Thanks for the suggestion.

(edit... IF I can find them now. I don't know if I kept them. But you're right -- thank you for an insightful suggestion!)
edit on 23-11-2012 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just ashamed.And strangely I thought of that statue thetaliban blew up too SLAYER.Irreplaceable and another smack to the Native Americans,for a few dollars.Hope the theives choke on their"work".

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Star and Flag Slayer

I don't want to point any fingers but some groups in this world haven't learned yet, that it isn't healthy to piss off the native americans. Some groups have respect for neither the history nor the religions of other groups, especially if said religion is older than theirs.

Something like this should anger anyone with even a little native ancestry.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You gotta be kidding me, but they'll be caught mark my words they will be caught.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Sad world we live in where people are dumb enough to destroy human history! And for what? A bit of money.. REALLY!?

Happens all over the world and have happend through large parts of human history. Its time to wake up and realise destroying one cultures history is equal to destroying your own! We are all humans and share the same planet and world history!!

Wake up!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i really hate seeing posts like this. it reminds me of the muslim brotherhood wanting to dismantle the great pyramids and it disgusts me because these are not just rocks in the desert they are monuments to humanity's great achievements.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join