It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Israeli-Palestinian Ceasefire incidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ceasefire flare up - 1 dead 19 wounded

Twenty-one-year-old Anwar Qandeeh died in the confrontation Friday morning, said Hamas Health Ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra. Nineteen others were wounded and were taken to Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis,

Condolences to the wounded and the dead victim's family.

It is my hope that no more such needless incidents happened again.

In airport around the world, there are restricted areas whereby unauthorized folks are not allowed to enter such as the cargo areas, flight crew entrances, etc. Comprehensibly so for security reasons.

If anyone unauthorised enters, they will be stopped and if they refused, security personnel do have the right to shot to stop them.

Similarly, the border between Israel and Gaza have such restrictions - 300 metres range with warning signs on Gaza territory. Although Gaza had been given to palestinians for self rule, Palestine is still not an independent state. COMPREHENSIBLE SO, thanks to Hamas.

If only Hamas would disavow its 'Death to Jews' policy and sit down to negotiate for a lasting peace, there would have been no need for even such fences, let alone the restrictions, as rule of law would be in placed for both sides to live in peace, and catching only the criminals that break laws at the border.

If it is access to the West Bank the Gazans want, a fast rail for passengers and cargo can be built to link the 2 sides up better and faster than cars or buses, with the use of donated funds for such projects instead of buying missles and arms.

As long as Hamas still believe in death to jews, there will be many more such tragedies happening again. In this day of suicide bombers, which border guards will not halt strangers moving close to them, and to shoot if they refuse to halt but continue to move forward?

At those ranges, it will be difficult to aim accurately to truly stop a person, but to wait for closer ranges for better aim may result in the border guards death, as past suicide bombings had proven in the middle east such as the more recent ones in Afghanistan.

If those who seek death because this life is unbearable, there are institutions and charity organisations that can help them regain faith in the sanctity of life. There is no need to commit suicide in such manner, and bring harm and destruction to million others living in these live-wire times between Israel and Palestine.

May all have that moment of peace.

Assalamu alaikum. Shalom. Peace.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So they got close to the fence and were sprayed down with bullets, because at that distance you can't aim properly? What an assinine contention. Absolutely sickening. I am so glad that Obama and Hillary and Ban Ki have solved the problem and a cease-fire is in effect. What a tragic and sickening charade the world has become!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

I guess some prefer the resumption of all out mindless hostilities and mass killings by both sides instead?

"Give peace a chance"

John Lennon

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

No doubt the Israel haters will attempt to shoot you down in flames, so before they do. Very well put. If the haters had actually lived in Israel they would know the truth of the situation, but it's easier to sit next to the P.C. and critiscise what you don't understand.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
So they got close to the fence and were sprayed down with bullets, because at that distance you can't aim properly? What an assinine contention. Absolutely sickening. I am so glad that Obama and Hillary and Ban Ki have solved the problem and a cease-fire is in effect. What a tragic and sickening charade the world has become!

Solve the problem ? I doubt it. What agreement ? It was a unilateral cease fire from Israel's side with the reservation of full retaliation in the event of more rockets.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thanks for your advice.

I am only an significant nobody, but still a member of the human race born on Earth. What affects others will affect me eventually.

I will speak out, regardless of the Israeli haters, Palestinian haters, jew haters, muslim haters, christian haters, buddhist haters, white haters, black haters, rich haters, poverty haters, etc, WITHOUT fear or favor.

It is only by sharing one's thoughts and discussing with others that truths can be discerned to make informed choices in life. The more voices shared, the greater the discernment for truths. Only truths can set us all free, no matter how painful it often is, to progress, evolve and fulfill our destiny to the stars. Mankind has so much, so much potential....

To change others for truth is self evident and will always prevail, or to be changed by others if we are wrong in our perceptions.

To not do so is to suscribe to the philosophy of apathy, and allow untruths to reign supreme, harming all eventually.

As to the belief that the Ceasefire is unilateral and works only for the benefit of one party, that is a lie.

Equally both sides will resume the battle to sacrifice millions of innocent men, women and children if one side renages on the deal.

The only hope we all have is that there SHOULD BE mechanisms in place to investigate THOROUGHLY the cases of any presumed breaking of agreements before action takes place, and not placed upon heresay or the acts of the few whom are hell bent on further destruction of mankind.

new topics

top topics

join