It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Sinkholes in Queens Discovered After Hurricane Sandy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

We should expect that some problems would eventually rise to the surface in the flooded areas after Sandy hit in NY & NJ. Instead of rising, their sinking and getting worse every day. Concerned citizens living in Queens, NY are very worried about the amount and depth of sinkholes that are becoming more prevalent along the streets.

Article & Video

I'm wondering if the problem may become even worse. No telling what kind of damage has occurred underground.

Some of the sinkholes are 10 feet deep in Queens. Residents are worried about further damage to their homes and whether the ground their standing on could literally cave and crumble.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

It never seems to end, does it? Water mains and sewage pipes are always a worry for everyone involved. Interesting comment about methane in Boston area and it's not clear to me whether this is a valid worry for our area or not? I wish I had the power to make it better for everyone. All I can do is keep you in my thoughts and prayers and send my love to everyone.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The Mafia is not gonna be happy lots of holes are opening up in the ground in Queens
Be that as it may......the subterranian layers of strata may have saturated and moved due to pressures.....flowing away from the sinkhole area.....
Maybe the garbage buried down there is causing it.

join