It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Thanksgiving Day Dinner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I typically only eat small amounts of food at once, maybe 5 bites and i`m done until a couple hours later. This makes leftovers important to me, as it may take grazing the leftovers several times before Iget my full meals worth.

We went to a family dinner yesterday, and upon returning home I was informed my hubby forgot to bring home our share of leftovers (everyone brings too much so everyone make "doggybags" of a little of everything to take home).

So here Iam, the day after thanksgiving, no turkey, no taters, no casseroles..... wth???
So what do Ido? Well, first I made a list of ingredients needed for turkey, handmashed taters, greenbean casserole, creamed corn casserole, turkey stuffing, and homemade apple pie...

I then called a family meeting and said I'm willing to donate the 5 or so hours of chopping slicing dicing sauteeing, searing, basting and baking if the 3 kids spotlessly clean dining table and kitchen (honestly starting to look like sumthin from hoarders) and if hubby does shopping trip with my list. Kids said "yay" and jumped up to clean. Dad said "I'm not going shopping today forget that". I didn't argue, just said, sorry kids deals off, ill cook but not cook AND shop. Guess 5 hours cooking isn't worth 30 min at store for some people.

I headed upstairs as the sharks (kids) began circling their prey (poor hubby) who is now at the store getting ingredients so Ican recook my thanksgiving meal because it should just plain be illegal not to have turkey leftovers thru end of november!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousgal

Glad you hubby took the hint!

Being circled by three hungry kids is enough to frighten some people to death!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Mmm... teehee. You'll have yummy refrigerated leftovers from this one for sure!

Did you happen to have those dishes yesterday too? Just curious.

edit on 23-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Mmm... teehee. You'll have yummy refrigerated leftovers from this one for sure!

Did you happen to have those dishes yesterday too? Just curious.

I wish Ihad, they were all available but I recently had bad reaction to a filling and even with a temporary clove mixture in place to sooth until they figure out a permanant fix Ifind it too painful to eat more than a few bites. They gave me pain meds so Ican eat, they make me woozy so sick to tummy after a few bites.

So while all that and more was available yesterday, I ate about 4 bites turkey and 3 bites potatoes.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I can't imagine not being able to eat as much as I'd like. I often get this thing where I feel like I'm going to faint after my first bite of breakfast, if I don't drink coffee first. Thankfully it passes after a few minutes.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina

I can't imagine not being able to eat as much as I'd like. I often get this thing where I feel like I'm going to faint after my first bite of breakfast, if I don't drink coffee first. Thankfully it passes after a few minutes.

Coffee usually is my breakfast, or mountain dew, anything to get the caffiene flowing lol.

The hardest part for me is the pain chocolate causes. If it seeps into that damaged area the pain is straight up to a lvl 10 with me curled in a ball cradling my jaw and moaning 2-3 minutes until it subsides. This makes dentist suspect fracture but he`s yet to find one. Even sadder is how awesome my kids are, after the 8yr and 13yr olds trick or treated they picked out known favorites of mine and offered me their candy daily, such a sweet unselfish act, to remember which ones are my favorites and continually offer to give them up... and all Icould do was say awww thank you hun but not right now...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Good for you.

I did thanksgiving dinner, October 8 here, but I didn't have as many leftovers as I wanted due to big eaters.
For Xmas, I'm doing an extra turkey, and at least double the stuffing.

Leftover turkey, stuffing, cranberry sandwiches for the next few days are a must.

My leftovers from Thanksgiving consisted of veggies, mostly brussel sprouts. Turned out, I'm the only one that likes them.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh, I thought you were referring to severe stomach discomfort.
Damaged jaw? Ouch!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well hubby came back with a chicken instead of a turkey but got everything else correct so he still gets a gold star lol. I got chicken stuffed rubbed/seasoned and in oven. I got "extra parts" sizzling in pan for a homemade chicken gravy. I got taters washed cut and boiling. I got some of the chopping prep done for the casseroles, which just need thrown together and baked a bit right at the end. I'm lookin at a bag of apples undecided. I hate peeling those suckers. But my apple pie is sooo good lol. I wonder which will win out in the end, laziness or greed lol!

top topics

join