It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the most beautiful video game music you ever heard?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread, but here's my pick. Beautiful, Haunting, and Rocking

Whats The World come To

edit on 31-3-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ahhhh I have so manyyyyyy... If you have the time to listen to all of them, please do

Age of Wulin/Wushu (since I doubt most of you can read that language lol)

From this game, everything, but I just posted one:

Same goes for this one xD

And this one

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There are a lot of different games on here.... And most of them have been listed....

My favorites?

I don't listen to it very often. But that ^ is my Number one.

Number two?

Number 3?

Top three and NO MORE.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I adore video game OSTs, in particular from the retro and 16-bit era. As much as I love some of the more modern game soundtracks; for me personally, nothing can equal the magic of some of the music on the Sega Mega Drive. In my opinion, there is a distinct 'beauty' (if you can call it that) to the older game soundtracks that is sorely lacking from games in the now. As well produced and orchestral as video game music can get, there is something very distinct about old game music; it truly made you feel like you were stepping into another world because there really was nothing else that sounded anything like it!

That said, there are a few soundtracks, both old and new, that I am shocked that I can't see listed here yet. So, I'm going to have to do the honours and post a few of my personal favourites.

God Of War II OST

Words can't really do justice to how awesome this soundtrack is. You just need to experience it.

Max Payne 2 Main Theme

Classic. Haunting. Emotional. Beautiful.

Thunder Force IV - Metal Squad

This whole soundtrack is another level of amazing. This track in particular is all kinds of win. To me, this sounds like someone has ripped the Yamaha chipset out of the Mega Drive console and started shredding like a beast with it. Oh yeah!

Chakan OST - The Dragonfly King

Chilling stuff. Possibly one of the best soundtracks ever produced for the Mega Drive. A relatively unknown gem of a soundtrack, and a gem of a game too.

Ecco The Dolphin OST - Jurassic Beach

If beauty in a soundtrack is embodied on 16-bit, then this is most definitely it, in my opinion. Not just this track, but I feel this is a pretty good example from an altogether incredible OST. Ecco The Dolphin was a game cartridge that was forged in the fiery pits of hades by Satan himself to be cast out of the underworld in order to reduce children everywhere to nervous wrecks with broken consoles; but with music so heavenly how could you hold that against it?
edit on 26-4-2014 by 8BitOperator because: Added links

edit on 26-4-2014 by 8BitOperator because: Typo correction

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I love video game OSTs!
The most compelling soundtrack and my favorite I heard so far is from the game:

Journey

<< 4  5  6   >>

join