It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the most beautiful video game music you ever heard?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

CURSE YOU!

Listening to this brought back some very good memories, the kind of nostalggia that hurts, because you know you cant replicate the memory again, i lost my copies of KOTOR 1 & 2 and i cant find a decent copy anywhere around where i live

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The most beautiful game music ive ever heard would have to have been in Skyrim, the music was just magical.

I wish there was more depth to the game though, more reason to spend time int he taverns, listening to the bards and what not, and i wish the bards would sing more than 3 songs xD

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
FF7

Sephiroth's song

One Winged Angel;

Estuans interius Ira vehementi (x2) Sephiroth (x2)

(repeat above line)

Sors immanis Et inanis (x2)

Estuans interius Ira vehementi (x2) Sephiroth (x2)

Veni, veni, venias, Ne me mori facias (4)

Veni, veni, venias (Gloriosa) Ne me mori facias (Generosa) (x4)

Sephiroth (x3)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovvy

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This one is the winner.. Easily..

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
To keep the love for FFX going:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
In recent gaming, I'd have to say that Mass Effect 3 had some amazing theme music. It really sold the feeling of sadness and loss which the overall storyline was all about.

The best 3 scenes, to me, were Leaving Earth, Mordin curing the Genophage, and any of the endings in the extended cut. In each of those cases, the music sold it perfectly, in my opinion.

Leaving Earth:
www.youtube.com...

An End Once and For All:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted but it is my favorite soundtrack as well as my favorite games.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The entire soundtrack for Assassin's Creed II, and this one is my current favorite:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, I see my favorite hasn't been posted yet. It's simple, but I can actually play it on piano.

And of course,

And I can play this one too

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ive heard alot of great videogame music, but heres two that most may not know
This is from one of the levels of Final Fantasy XI, which was one of the first big online games back before WoW came out. Very challenging game, took alot of time to get anywhere and had a great community back then. Anyways, this is from one of the midrange leveling areas that I played alot, really catchy

Edit- I noticed there is quite a few Final Fantasy fans so I though Id post this, it has both great, beautiful music and some of the best CGI ive seen in a game to date. Regardless of whether you are fan of the online series, FF fans will enjoy this-

edit on 10-12-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Not sure it can be classed as beautiful as such....but as someone else as already mentioned and posted, FFVII - One Winged Angel = pure epicness!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Too many to count for me, but Halo, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed all have amazing scores.

Hans Zimmer always does a great job too (he's worked on Modern Warfare 2, Crysis 2, and probably others, not to mention all the movies)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, ultimate examples of what an amazing score can do for a game.

When i think music in gaming, those are the games I think about.

Halo: CE is up there, too.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

FFXI - Heaven's Tower

FFXI - The Sanctuary Of Zi'Tah

FFXI - Windurst(past) - Stargazing

FFXI - Voyager(Boat Ride!)

FFVII - Flowers Blooming In The Church

FFVII - Forested Temple

FFVII - Cosmo Canyon

FFVII - Red XIII`s Theme

FFVII - Chasing The Black-Caped Man

FFVII - Motorcycle Chase

FFVII - Electric De Chocobo

FFVII - Place Your Bets

FFX - People Of The Far North

The Legend Of Dragoon - Hoax(Hokes) Village

The Legend Of Dragoon - Royal Capital

The Legend Of Dragoon - Royal Castle

FFVIII - Man With A Machine Gun

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time - Saria`s Song

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Me personally...well, it was a tough call because the entire soundtrack to the game is excellent...but this one is up there at the top...

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The music in the original pokemon gameboy games. It seems to put you into a zen like trance whilst playing. I loved it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This is a very easy question to answer, therefore I jump at the opportunity.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Skyrim and Far Cry 3

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am an old school c64 gamer. The brave little commodore had some epic tunes considering it could only support 3 tracks on top off each other. The C64 scene is still somewhat alive with emulators and artistreaching back into the old days. There are a lot of nice tunes to choose from, but most would sound outdated and would only please them who spent their time on the game back when C64 was booming. So instead I post a tribute to Galway's Wizbal performed by Reyn Oudehand. Even when you don't know the tune, this one might amaze even modern gamers. If it where only for the dedicated performance and the artistic surroundings.

C64... a tribute.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join