It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Man Climbs On To Whitehall Statue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Naked Man Climbs On To Whitehall Statue

news.sky.com

Police have cordoned off a 100m area around the statue as they try to coax the man down.
A section of Whitehall has been closed off after a naked man was seen straddling a statue.

Scotland Yard said it was believed that the man might have a knife as officers shut down part of the road, near the heart of Westminster in central London.

The man was seen balancing precariously on the head of the statue of Prince George, the Duke of Cambridge, at first straddling the Duke's head, before climbing up to stand on it.

Whitehall runs from Trafalgar Square and is where a number of government d
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Some guy has decided to strip naked and mount a statue in London.

Police have no idea why he is up there, what the purpose is, or when the guy is going to come down. It would be pretty hard to try and get him down with force without hurting the guy. Thats a long old drop

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Fri Nov 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Normally when someone does something so publically barmy, they are protesting a position of politics or social justice. In this instance however, I must confess, I see only madness.

Furthermore... my god that mans nether regions must be FREEZING right now. Bet he wishes he had worn undies for his little jaunt!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well, at least he's not a zombie.

Someone has to climb up there and clean that statue before some poor pigeon catches a VD.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I've heard of naked zombies eating each other in the USA, but a naked zombie (oops muggles tax payer) eating a statue in freezing London is a bit insane.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Give him a few more hours and what with the temperature and the location he is sitting on he will have changed sex and be called Susan !

What people do to get their kicks these days.

Maybe he is a politician getting sexual gratification !

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
"Scotland Yard said it was believed that the man might have a knife "
I didn't see any evidence of a knife from the video so the question is if he has a knife where's he hiding it

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
maybe the police thought his pork sword was a knife. lol

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
England, we have a long history of streakers. Can't help but admire the guy, whatever his reason/protest (It's probably just the booze though) takes some courage at this time of year to strip off anywhere in the UK.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Gasp, the man may have a knife secreted about his person, get the SAS and shoot him..
What the hells is he doing it for, protesting something? Against statues? Fathers rights? NWO takeover of the world? Anti war? Anti clothing?
Lifes full of surprises and I bet this one took the plods usually tramping up and down Whitehall by surprise.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
As bizarre as this man is, it still makes more sense than anything else that happens in Whitehall.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Interesting.

looks like $ky news has pulled the story.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Police say that when they first arrived on the scene, he was singing this:

edit on 24-11-2012 by FanarFanar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Maybe it's an omen in what's to come between government and its people.
When I read this I automatically thought about the plane that drove on to the whitehouse lawn on 9-11-94.
Maybe a time will come where a people like a child becoming a teenager revolts and rebels. Thinking it knows best because there is a lack of understanding or just sees and hears rules and governing.

Maybe it's just a guy straddeling George's head.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Some guy has decided to strip naked and mount a statue in London.

That poor statue !

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Where exactly was he hiding that knife?

new topics

top topics

join