It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange feeling you get when you walk past someone on the street.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Do you feel like when you sometimes walk down the street and you are about to walk past someone you feel like you start walking towards there path making a slight adjustment towards your current direction?

Strange isn't it?

For example sometimes when i walk down the street (not all the time) when i walk past a certain someone i feel the need to walk near them for the satisfaction of having them feel the need to retaliate by changing there foot movement direction.

or am i just that type of person who analyses stuff. ahaha Good luck with the answer.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I live in a city where you want to keep your distance from everyone.

Nothing but stabbings, shootings, random acts of violence, and misery, of course.

Murder capitol of Canada.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have the tendency to alter my pace if someone is entering my personal bubble of about 2 feet in diameter around me. Sometimes I fight the urge to turn around and say something. I can understand it in a crowded area, but when there is lots of space to walk around me, nobody needs to be that close. When I have to walk around others I too try to walk around leaving a wide enough space so that our "bubbles" don't touch. Creeps me out if I walk to close or someone else does and accidentally touches me.
Then again...I'm completely not a people person and paranoid beyond belief.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
yes I have noticed it. It is like elevator diplomacy... everyone in the elevator adjusts their position in it when someone else gets in.

I had a laugh recently when I was waiting to use an ATM. I was standing the correct distance away from the person using the ATM. I was well off the path and these two bitch cops with huge egos walked towards me... hahhahahha and I watched everyone moving out of their way, well stuff them, I was standing at the edge of the path and this cow walked right towards me and I didn't move. LMAO, she nearly fell over cos I wouldn't move.

then I just played stupid and smiled and asked is she was ok? She was pissed off cos her ego BS didn't work with me.

very funny. some People deliberately try to get you to move out of their way, I don't. I just dig my heels in and deep down, the bitch knew cos I was snarky smiling.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I would love to know why my border collie dog barks loudly at some people he sees when I am driving in the car but doesn't bother with anyone else. They could be just walking by minding their own business when he goes crazy. Weird....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay

Nothing but stabbings, shootings, random acts of violence, and misery, of course.

They have one of those? I always thought Canada was so peaceful and rather crime free, at least in comparison to the US. Especially in places like Detroit, and parts of LA.

Seriously, where do you live? Bad luck to be caught up in what is likely not that common in Canada.

In any case, I am with you on this one. I always do the exact opposite, attempt to keep my distance from people just because crime is rather common here in SE Portland as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
I would love to know why my border collie dog barks loudly at some people he sees when I am driving in the car but doesn't bother with anyone else. They could be just walking by minding their own business when he goes crazy. Weird....

I've seen this countless times with dogs and it always intrigues me what it is they are sensing. Most recently I had a puppy who was extremely hyperactive and overconfident, not scared of anything, except one person... an ex-military guy I know who has killed people for a living.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

For example sometimes when i walk down the street (not all the time) when i walk past a certain someone i feel the need to walk near them for the satisfaction of having them feel the need to retaliate by changing there foot movement direction.

IT'S YOU!!!!

Why in the hell do you want to get in my way?

I was just about to begin a thread in the Rant Forum about some guy who was walking down the sidewalk toward me and for no reason changed direction and began walking in my path.

You have saved me some time but I ask that you please stop your insane behavior.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
It's based on magnetic polarity strength. Some of us have a stronger "pull" than others.

Another neat thing to pay attn to, next time you're driving past side walk pedestrians, pay close attention to them, then watch them turn and look right at you as you pass by, sometimes they'll even turn and look behind them before you've reached them.

What is that? Da' Force.

edit on 23-11-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Another neat thing to pay attn to, next time you're driving past side walk pedestrians, pay close attention to them, then watch them turn and look right at you as you pass by, sometimes they'll even turn and look behind them before you've reached them.
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I do this. The reason is because I do not trust any drivers. I watch them because I never know if they are reading a text from their Mothers or what, and the reason I look behind is so that I know whether I have a clear path to get out of their way.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

They have one of those? I always thought Canada was so peaceful and rather crime free, at least in comparison to the US. Especially in places like Detroit, and parts of LA.

Seriously, where do you live? Bad luck to be caught up in what is likely not that common in Canada.

In any case, I am with you on this one. I always do the exact opposite, attempt to keep my distance from people just because crime is rather common here in SE Portland as well.

We aren't as peaceful or " nice" as we are made out to be. Our capitol cities can be just as nasty as across the border. Matters not though..some remote areas could get you shot just as easily by a drunk hunter!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I'm a little defiant so I would likely just let you walk right into me.
And, being Cdn, I'd probably say sorry.

If you knocked me down though, I might get a little bitchy and ask you what the hell you were thinking.

I'm not easily flustered.

If it was at night though, I would be keeping my distance and move well out of the way, because we have our share of crazy people up here. Mostly in cities.

Murder capital? It changes some years. Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton....?
I avoid the cities whenever possible. I was raised in Vancouver.
Too many people.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Where I live is often called Detroit North.

What a cesspool Winnipeg, Manitoba is!

*Edit* I am not from Winnipeg. I am from Canada's east coast. Even if I were from this horrible cesspool I would never admit to it.

edit on 23-11-2012 by TFCJay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Hehahahahahhahehehahah

I've only done it once for fun, I understand how you feel it sometimes happens to me.

I shell stop this madness.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

I've seen this countless times with dogs and it always intrigues me what it is they are sensing. Most recently I had a puppy who was extremely hyperactive and overconfident, not scared of anything, except one person... an ex-military guy I know who has killed people for a living.

It's as if they can see or sense something that we can't . He can walk by people no problem when I have him on a lead but just sometimes he goes crazy when he sees someone for no reason I can see. I do remember a year to the day and hour of my mother in laws death, he sat and stared at our clock in the living room that used to belong to her for 20 mins and wouldn't move.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Renegade2283

Where I live is often called Detroit North.

What a cesspool Winnipeg, Manitoba is!

*Edit* I am not from Winnipeg. I am from Canada's east coast. Even if I were from this horrible cesspool I would never admit to it.

Winter peg! I thought Thunder Bay was the Detroit of the north!

edit on 23-11-2012 by TFCJay because: (no reason given)

new topics

join