I am so sorry to be so stupid but its not my fault...

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I was smarter I am sure of it before I watched tele and the news and started reading things.

either way, I must apologise for my lack of in-tele-gence and deeply sorry for all of these mind numbing threads and posts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have started to wonder if in fact there is a 'dumbing down' going on? Well, if that is the case... it wouldn't have taken too much at all, cos I am sure my IQ might have been close to maybe 70 on a very good day, 60 without coffee.

I just wish I had not learnt to read or write, I just want to go shopping.

and I want a dishwasher too.

Maybe I will have to wait for an advertisement to come on the tele or the intermet so that I will just auto-pilot buy wtf-ever.

eek..

edit on 23/11/2012 by Thurisaz because: add vid

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I sense this thread has more then 1 meaning.

Are you a shopaholic?

~FK

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Dishwasher? I recommend Whirlpool or Maytag!

As for the other stuff? You're not stupid at all. Now smack yourself on the wrist and cut yourself some slack! It's a beautiful world out there and part of that is because you're in it!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuriousKitty
Are you a shopaholic?

only because of advertising. I just feel compelled to drop everything and rush to the shops and buy up big.
xD

Originally posted by Hefficide

Dishwasher? I recommend Whirlpool or Maytag!
One day, when I can afford it.

As for the other stuff? You're not stupid at all. Now smack yourself on the wrist and cut yourself some slack! It's a beautiful world out there and part of that is because you're in it!

~Heff

thx for lovely words and they are encouraging but just lately, when I have put my opinion out there for discussion (after reading stuff); the majority of people were telling me I was an idiot or stupid etc and then I was thinking, that maybe they were right. But, I only had that opinion because I had read information that led me to believe those things so that is not fair and then I think that we are all vulnerable to whatever information we are shown/given.

When I was studying I realised then that I did not know anything at all and even after 10 years of study, I still don't know everything there is to know about the topic I studied.

And also try to avoid advertising because I bought a car when I had no intention of buying one... just cos I saw an advertisement. Afterward, I was like, omg, wtf happened ? lol

so I am staring to think, if someone didn't tell me to get up in the morning, I may not... lol

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by FuriousKitty
Are you a shopaholic?

only because of advertising. I just feel compelled to drop everything and rush to the shops and buy up big.
xD
And also try to avoid advertising because I bought a car when I had no intention of buying one... just cos I saw an advertisement. Afterward, I was like, omg, wtf happened ? lol

Sound like you have yourself a little addiction there, my friend. Here, please use this advertisement to get some help.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

When I was studying I realised then that I did not know anything at all and even after 10 years of study, I still don't know everything there is to know about the topic I studied.

I have a similar problem. Even when I'm really interested in a topic, I don't have the ability to absorb all that I want to know. I can't tell you how much I regret not learning the higher math. I see these physicists playing with the universe via equations and formulas, and I WANT TO PLAY TOO! But, I just can't.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

got anything for a facebook games addiction?

LOL

I have got to stay away from those stupid little games but then I see my friends have played them and they have a really high score and so I just want to be up where they are.

LOL it is true and then I am sort of cool like them. lmao

Tonight I spent 40 dollars on stupid facebook credits. Bloody ThanksGiving Sales.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I like your avatar pic. Dennis The Menace is one of my favorite movies and Walter someone starred in that movie.

Back on topic:

Uni teaches you that you/me are stupid. You might learn all about one thing but you don't know anything about anything else so I learnt pretty quickly to just shut up and not say anything unless I saw something on the news, a movie or even something that went viral on fb, then I can rave on like everyone else and have an opinion about it.

But the truth is, I have no idea at all.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

got anything for a facebook games addiction?

LOL

I have got to stay away from those stupid little games but then I see my friends have played them and they have a really high score and so I just want to be up where they are.

LOL it is true and then I am sort of cool like them. lmao

Tonight I spent 40 dollars on stupid facebook credits. Bloody ThanksGiving Sales.

FORTY DOLLARS ON FACEBOOK CREDITS???? You think this is bad??? In one month I've wasted ten times that on the lottery. At least you have FB credits to show for your $40. Me? I have 4 packs of Ramen noodles and a loaf of bread to show for my $400. That bread better be fresh!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

ok well, I see that this thread might actually be of assistance to you.

First ask yoursef the question...why did you buy the lottery ticket?
Were there any flashing advertising around at the time? Do you feel the need to buy lottery tickets cos everyone in your peer group does? c'mon... think about it and try your best to answer honestly. lol

see, we are all suckers, thanks to the tele, internet etc.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I like your avatar pic. Dennis The Menace is one of my favorite movies and Walter someone starred in that movie.

Back on topic:

Uni teaches you that you/me are stupid. You might learn all about one thing but you don't know anything about anything else so I learnt pretty quickly to just shut up and not say anything unless I saw something on the news, a movie or even something that went viral on fb, then I can rave on like everyone else and have an opinion about it.

But the truth is, I have no idea at all.

Hey, as individuals you and I might not be worth the air we breathe, but as members of the human race we (and even the dumbest of the dumb) are the foundation upon which all of mankind's knowledge has increased over the centuries and continues to increase at an exponential rate. Here's how:

You talk to people that you feel are smarter than you. Every once in a while you can't help but come up with an idea or two that are thought-provoking for these smart folk. They do a little research on your idea and pick up even more knowledge; knowledge that raises even more questions for them. Then these smart folk talk to even smarter folk, and the smarter folk do a little research on those ideas, and so on and so on. Pretty soon, the really REALLY smart folk are chatting with geniuses who then develop ideas that they would never have thought of if silly-dumb you hadn't gotten the knowledge ball rolling in the first place.

And all of this makes you an invaluable member of the human race! We are the snowball that rolls into an avalanche. Either that or I'm a total flake.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
screw what people think! thats the problem nowadays,every one else is worrying about what every body else has!
keeping up with the jonses! (CRAP!)
all the t.v. does is tell you your life is unfulfilled with out 'stuff',and they will sell it to you to make you feel better.
until next year,when the new version comes out,and you go back to feeling unfulfilled again!
(what a trap!) T.V. = BAD FOR YOUR BRAIN!!!
as for people calling you stupid,i honestly believe it is because you let them.

alot of people suffer from insecurity (80%-or more of the public!)
and this is how advertising preys on you. the trinkets they sell aren't the product, YOU are the product!
think positively about yourself,no one is better than you,and your not better than any one else.
just cause some one has more trinkets than you doesn't make them better at all!
as for the dish washer,you have 2 natural ones attached to your arms!!!

they do a better job than the machine does anyway!
read the story of paul bunion. get some insite on what a human can do!
start off by liking yourself first!
peace

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
We have opted out, only hand-made gifts allowed...no shopping is being done.

We are hoping a trend will ensue.

It has just become too much, and quite rediculous. I like the holidays, and will celebrate, just not as a huge expendature that seems to be almost manditory. too f'n bad.

~Rev

top topics

join