It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dumb Poor Person Attempts... Language 2 in 1s. Fat Letters ABCD = Obesity. WORDPLAY.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Tomato = Tomorrow.

Aussie = I Say or I See.
edit on 29-1-2013 by leeda because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
ABCD's = I best at these.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
My latest ones, 2 in ones is:

I'm a Derp = Armoured Up

Jesus Christ = Daysis as in Days is Christ.

Angel = Endall.
edit on 18-5-2013 by leeda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Mission Window = Me Shine When Dull or Must Shine When Dull.

Armoured up = I Meet Up.
edit on 18-5-2013 by leeda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Make my Day = Make Muddy

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Vietnamese = German accented "We are enemies" or "We are in the maze"

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
motorcycle = i'm ultra psy cool

I hear this clearly.

Leeda

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Bible = Barbell

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
All these links are from pages on Wikipedia.

Mondegreen

A mondegreen is the mishearing or misinterpretation of a phrase.... Scuse me while I kiss this guy (from a lyric in the song "Purple Haze," by The Jimi Hendrix Experience: "'Scuse me while I kiss the sky")

Homophone

A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same as another word but differs in meaning. The words may be spelled the same, such as rose (flower) and rose (past tense of "rise")

Eggcorn

The term eggcorn was coined by a professor of linguistics, Geoffrey Pullum, in September 2003, in response to an article by Mark Liberman on the website Language Log, a blog for linguists.[4] Liberman discussed the case of a woman who substitutes the phrase egg corn for the word acorn, and argued that the precise phenomenon lacked a name. Pullum suggested using "eggcorn" itself as a label for the class of error.

Malapropism

A malapropism (also called a Dogberryism) is the use of an incorrect word in place of a word with a similar sound, resulting in a nonsensical, often humorous utterance. An example is Yogi Berra's statement: "Texas has a lot of electrical votes,"[1] rather than "electoral votes".

It's possible to flow these I think.

2 in 1s. Pronounce two words in one sound.

edit on 14-11-2013 by leeda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

tgidkp
what I love about this is your self depricating approach. most people think other people are idiots but few are willing to acknowledge it in themselves. an honorable trait.

I think your topic is quite odd. and I am a pretty odd guy, so....

this reminds me of palindromes and the image below, neither of which are silly or a misuse of the medium.

many Sufi mystics take up an acetic practice such as yours to achieve enlightenment by confusing their linear perceptions and thought-machinery. the further out of the box you can get, the better.

upside down, the grand ma is a princess.

Yeah, the Sufis was my first thought...I usually do this sort of thing with song lyrics, turning them deliberately into nonsense...

Like a fridge over troubled waters. Simon and Garf.

I want to break trees. Queen

I've gotten so bad in the habit, that I unknowingly speak in spoonerisms without realising it...

So big-up to OP, cos that vid was waaay brave.

Å99

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The one I know is We built this city on Sausage Rolls by Starship. Is this like a parody?

I'm more practising speaking 2 words at one time from the same sound. Dual core words.

I wonder if one person could speak to two people at the same time with two different distinct and separate sentences beat box. This I know can be done.

I also been working on a band in my speech as well when I speak all the time. Like beatbox music to speech when you speak in normal everyday sentences. Band = music = frequency. Like utilising more of the speech sound spectrum at any one time as well, you know band. Powerband, na. Ultra Violet music on the infrared, na, lol. A band. Also a binding. A channel.

Setting your words and speech to music. Speech is spoken on one level and u can beat a tune on another level spectrum like a layer. It can be done. All the time. Takes joy.

Alas loss lost and waste for me. I am da power of da derp.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

leeda
The one I know is We built this city on Sausage Rolls by Starship. Is this like a parody?

I'm more practising speaking 2 words at one time from the same sound. Dual core words.

I wonder if one person could speak to two people at the same time with two different distinct and separate sentences beat box. This I know can be done.

I also been working on a band in my speech as well when I speak all the time. Like beatbox music to speech when you speak in normal everyday sentences. Band = music = frequency. Like utilising more of the speech sound spectrum at any one time as well, you know band. Powerband, na. Ultra Violet music on the infrared, na, lol. A band. Also a binding. A channel.

Setting your words and speech to music. Speech is spoken on one level and u can beat a tune on another level spectrum like a layer. It can be done. All the time. Takes joy.

Alas loss lost and waste for me. I am da power of da derp.

Well, the way I'm seeing it, is, you're doing a kind of lyric/word mash-up...what usually happens is that all language tends to one or the other - straight definition or metaphoric...what you seem to be doing (and I like it) is, sitting in the middle and balancing back and forth...doing this, with music, would be very very novel...I wish you luck, you can do it!

Cheers

Å99

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

that was effing hillarious.... "sausage rolls"...

I was doing car repair last week in which it was necessary to use a lock washer.

suddenly I broke out into "Lock Washer", as sung by the B-52's.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

tgidkp
reply to post by akushla99

that was effing hillarious.... "sausage rolls"...

I was doing car repair last week in which it was necessary to use a lock washer.

suddenly I broke out into "Lock Washer", as sung by the B-52's.

Hahahaha...

...but you realise, anyone listening is gonna think you've lost some screws in the mechanism!?

I've been trying to get myself fired from the job I'm in by singing these things out loud..."up, up and away...in my beautiful, my beautiful baboon"...

Rock on, lobster...

Å99

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Simon says = Some Answers

or

Psyman says = Some Answers.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Flaming piece of wood = Flaming Peace Sword

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Ok yall are just joking around and not really revealing much anything relevant to life, as it's more making fun of poor enunciation.

Anyways if you want to see some serious wordplay check out my threads from the last 6 months.

I am actually using words with quadruple and quintuple meanings, entire sentences that have multiple meanings, etc.
In fact, you won't get it all until you read most of the content I have posted, because you need all the definitions and history I provide in order to understand the deeper relations.

Also I show how to break specific words down for hidden meanings and clues, among other nifty tricks.

The kicker is that I am not making jokes really, but instead I am doing my best to reveal the history of humanity in context of everything I can think of tying into it. I am actually aiming to enlighten others with pure raw knowledge.

Here is an example of what I wrote in someone elses thread this weekend:
Link to it
Make sure to follow all the posts I make till the end of page 4...if you aren't blown away...what more can I say?

I warn you it will take a lot of effort to dig into it though.

edit on 12-2-2014 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Fat Old Man = Fuddled Man

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
What does the fox say = War Darcy Foxy.

War Darcy = What did I say.

This is an example of my speech and the mergence of two sentences in one. I guess in the end we hear what we want to and see what we want.

Sucks = Thugs This works reasonably well

Sex on Fire = Suck song forya.

These all write themselves. Pronounce a sentence over and over and see what other words can be built into it. If you don't get results try a different sentence or one or two words.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
raise some hands = where's some mens

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join