It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heffs To HELL With Black Friday - We're NOT PLAYING Thread!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

All of this TV talk is invoking my envy. I have a non HD 27" TV ( analog - the kind that are a foot and a half thick ) - and the irony here...

Bought it at Wal Mart on Black Friday about 8 years ago.

I have a 36" LCD that was my aunts before she died, that's the only reason I have it. So don't feel so bad.

And no ATS, she does not "talk to me" through her old TV
(however cool that would be)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Now that I think about this... I've spent a solid YEAR arguing with people over "Obamaphones" and totally forgot to mention that George W gave me a digital TV converter box....

D'oh.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Shoot the mothers in the head my first thought, thinking it's a biochemical outbreak of zombified
people...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I refuse to lower myself to wild-animal status just to save a few bucks on something I probably don't really need.

What it is for me, and why I despise Black Friday, is how my fellow human beings lower their morals and ethics to "save money".

How much is your time worth? I know that for me, it's worth more than the money I'd save on a new TV. I'd rather be creating valuable memories or enriching my mind than sitting in the cold.

People litterally act like rabid vultures -- and it's getting worse every year. As the homogenization of our society continues, pushing us all to accept a "Walmart quality of life", people are more and more desperate to hold onto their false sense of their station in life.

People today have a vastly inflated sense of what they should be able to afford.

I should get a bulhorn and drive by the people in line and yell,

"You cannot take any of this crap with you when you die. Go read a book, create some artwork. Raise your damned kids. Get the most out life!"

Life isn't or shouldn't be about how big of a TV you can fit through your trailer door. The fact that society has let retailers convince them of that is depressing as hell.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Eh, it's OK Heff...

Admitting it is the first out of 12 steps...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Now that I think about this... I've spent a solid YEAR arguing with people over "Obamaphones" and totally forgot to mention that George W gave me a digital TV converter box....

D'oh.

~Heff

Did a really cool rap song get made over your converter box...I rather an Obama phone any day.

"Obama phone lady remix"

If you feel this video is inappropriate please remove it.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The reality of Black Friday?

Every single sales associate, clerk, technician, manager, and cashier that you speak to today, while shopping. In their minds they are poking needles into little imaginary voodoo dolls of you the entire time.

It is my professional estimation that four hours of Black Friday shopping brings enough negative karmic cause for being reincarnated as a small dog or a leper no less than 93 times.

It's true I say. True....

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The reality of Black Friday?

Every single sales associate, clerk, technician, manager, and cashier that you speak to today, while shopping. In their minds they are poking needles into little imaginary voodoo dolls of you the entire time.

It is my professional estimation that four hours of Black Friday shopping brings enough negative karmic cause for being reincarnated as a small dog or a leper no less than 93 times.

It's true I say. True....

~Heff

The most bizarre analogy imaginable!

You're probably right though!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It seems the way to get the masses moving towards higher ideals is to offer cell phones at discount prices.

By the way, while we're on the topic of selling and buying things, what's with the urge to "brand" your threads with your name?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It appears that this lady didn't feel like waiting in line:

Black Friday arrest caught on camera

A woman’s holiday weekend has just been ruined.

A viewer sent in video of 28-year-old Samantha Chavez getting arrested at a Walmart in Altamonte Springs.

Altamonte police said the Land O'Lakes resident was arrested at about 10:30 p.m. Thursday.

Officers said Chavez was seen approaching the crowded checkout lines. She attempted to bypass the long lines and walk past the officer controlling the lines.

You can view the video here.

I like my toys and all, but these people are out of their mind.
edit on 11/23/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Obey,

Consume,

Watch TV,

Buy,

This is your God.

Do not question,

Freedom is slavery,

Ignorance is strength.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sadly there is a thread that just popped up on the ATS side here.

Two shot at a Wal Mart in Florida. The member who authored the thread was apparently an eye witness and is reporting from the parking lot via smart phone....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I refuse to participate. No deal is worth the insanity, IMHO.
I hate lines. I hate crowds.
I value some semblance of decorum when I shop.

I also refuse to do any online shopping on Cyber Monday....just because.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

You call it "branding" - I consider it a warning.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Uh...how are you clinically insane?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I use that term with a a bit of self-deprecating humor. But I do have a psychiatric history that I openly discuss on ATS and have authored many threads about.

Having said that, I have never been an inpatient - nor do I have to report to the police when I move.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I suppose that answers most of my questions... -___-

On the bright side, I have always found your threads entertaining. Should count for something, eh?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You all went shopping.... didn't you???

Not me, I took a "nap"!

still haven't gotten dressed from the first time I got up this morning

.....although I do keep clothing nearby in case my sister comes over. I have time to throw something on as she's trying to make the door handle work

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
there's nothing wrong with a good deal. there is something wrong when the people turn into a pack of deranged rapid hyena's.

were's the order, the civility and the dignity.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!!! (pointing finger)
Prices were cheaper at the start of the year and you're all flocking to the stores to buy merchandise with boosted prices at a discount
(pointing finger) !!!Ha Ha! HA! HA! HA!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join