It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heffs To HELL With Black Friday - We're NOT PLAYING Thread!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

2011 BLACK FRIDAY COMPILATION

It's like a feeding frenzy from "The Walking Dead"! Maybe we should start calling them "walkers". By the way love the avatar Heff

edit on 11/23/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Judging by many of the comments on this thread coming from non Americans it appears a lot of our beloved ATS members are participating in this madness.

I wonder if anyone will confess to camping over night

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I would love to be witty, but I am not scared enough, today. I am abundantly disgusted. The over indulgence in consumerism displayed for all the world to see is embarrassing. Given the state of Earth and her inhabitants, shameful.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm resisting RadioShack with every fiber of my being.... it's a struggle.... must.... not.... give.... in.....

...the only things within a 30 mile radius are RadioShack and Walmart, so at least I don't have to battle so much with the big malls and their tempations

edit on 23-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff...

I won't be partaking in Black Friday either, I never do. I cringe at the thought of it. ICK !!!

Perhaps that is because I don't go out and make big purchases so the need is not there for me. I do wanna get a good deal like every body else... but i just am not going to go camp out somewhere for it.

I don't like what it has turned into. I think the "deals" should be offered at normal times not only Black Friday. & I don't agree with it starting on Thanksgiving either.

In all fairness though... this has become a "tradition" now for a-lot of folks... its become a part of their Thanksgiving so to each their own.

leolady

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
In this area, you just wait a month or two and all those black friday deals will be at the pawn shop where you can get them even cheaper.....

There's a certain mindset who feel they have to buy the biggest and most expensive items possible when they have a little bit of money in their pocket and even if they don't have it, then when it comes time to pay their bills to keep from being evicted, they sell those items to pay the rent or buy a 20 minute "feel good moment" in the form of ingestible chemical concoctions.

Local pawn shop, better than black friday any day

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I kind of went, I went to Target and then Walmart and didn't get inside either one, It was about 2 degrees and we thought Target opened up at 8pm and it was actually 9 and we just said screw it I'm not freezing over a few dvd's. And then we went to walmart and that was a mistake, The parking lot was entirely full also the malls partking lot was about half full with walmart shoppers. And also another smaller parking lot was full of walmart shoppers. For every 1 car that was leaving there were about 20 more waiting to get that spot.

The sad thing is is that Black Friday has gotten so big and popular that no matter how bad the deals are (the last 2-3 years the deals were not that great) tons of people still go and freak out when they don't get what they want. I think that is what starts all the riots and fights and stuff, people expect to get what they want and if they don't they throw a fit. And it also doesn't help that alot of the stores only have like 2 of the sale items in stock.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm not a big shopper to begin with so, the thought of having to deal with that madness is sickening.

I'm with Heff....to hell with it!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Despite my protests, apparently I have to go out and get a Christmas tree today.

I'll provide periodic casualty reports.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Nah, avoid the shops....... to the woods with an axe...........sounds like anyone that may object will be preoccupied at the shops!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I'm participating from a line at Wal Mart... God bless smart phones.

KIDDING! NOTHING is getting me to leave the house today!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Despite my protests, apparently I have to go out and get a Christmas tree today.

I'll provide periodic casualty reports.

Make sure you are well armed and bring a lot of ammo!

Be safe...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
You all went shopping.... didn't you???

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

And I am entirely too hungover to interact with other humans,

That is just awesome!

Thanksgiving was good to you!

As for Black Friday...not going to be a part of it either!

Well...unless the liquor store is having some sales!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I haven't left to get the tree yet.

I'm hoping I can procrastinate long enough to put it off until tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm watching cartoons with the grandkid, eating a turkey sammich, and I'm still in my jammies- take THAT silly Black Friday shoppers!!!

Don't hate me cuz ya' ain't me!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You all went shopping.... didn't you???

I did, to the beer store

Today was a slow day at work so I left the office early...TGIF!

I wonder how long until we hear about shoppers getting trampled by an angry mob of crazy deal seekers?
edit on 11/23/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: quoted wrong post

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
and i though i saw you in this video
ah well .. my mistake mate

Remind me of this scene

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Here we go...let's get ready to rumble.

Black Friday shopping brings reports of bad behaviour, arrests

TeIn San Antonio, Texas a man pulled a gun on another man who had punched him in the face while both men were waiting in line at Sears. The man was not charged because he had a permit for the weapon.xt

In Springfield, Mass. a man left a two-year-old child alone in a car while he went in to a K-Mart to buy a 51-inch television. That man is facing a charge of reckless child endangerment.

In Seattle, a Wal-Mart parking lot became the scene of a crime when a 71-year-old man hit two other shoppers with his SUV. He was arrested and charged with vehicular assault and police said they suspected he was drunk.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Here we go...let's get ready to rumble.

Black Friday shopping brings reports of bad behaviour, arrests

TeIn San Antonio, Texas a man pulled a gun on another man who had punched him in the face while both men were waiting in line at Sears. The man was not charged because he had a permit for the weapon.xt

In Springfield, Mass. a man left a two-year-old child alone in a car while he went in to a K-Mart to buy a 51-inch television. That man is facing a charge of reckless child endangerment.

In Seattle, a Wal-Mart parking lot became the scene of a crime when a 71-year-old man hit two other shoppers with his SUV. He was arrested and charged with vehicular assault and police said they suspected he was drunk.

People getting greedy reckless violent over a sale .Now i have seen it all now, what's next killings..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join