It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heffs To HELL With Black Friday - We're NOT PLAYING Thread!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This one is short and sweet ( I know, some very prominent real estate in Hades is going to freeze over because I've made a short thread ). I refuse to participate in the nihilistic, consumer zombie apocalypse known as Black Friday. I used to work in retail and have, since, had a hatred for the day that cannot be undone by something as petty as a $99.00 flat screen, a $179.00 laptop, nor even a mountain of $2.00 DVD's.

I don't care if they promise free hot wings and offer to PAY ME to be there. I am NOT going.

So, in the spirit of ATS ( and the fact that I am clinically insane anyway ) I've decided to create a thread where those of us who are NOT going to be standing in line for 23 of the next 24 hours can meet and make fun of those who are doing so!

Some notes... Don't bash your own family members who are doing this ( Hi Sis - you did pay attention to those hints I dropped while you were looking through circulars yesterday, right? ) because they might be shopping for you and I would hate to get a slew of "I DIDN'T GET MY XBOX CUZ YOU COAXED ME INTO SAYING BAD THINGS ON ATS!!!" PM's.

But as for everyone else? Laugh away!

And for our beloved ATS members who are currently standing in a two mile long line at Wal Mart as I type these words... LOVE YA BUT BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Now, let the rage, indignity, bashing, and general revelry commence!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I wouldnt go either doesnt mean I wasnt smart enough to send my money with a friend so I could get my stuff cheaper. When you have bills to pay its kind of nice to not have to spend alot more money on something nice for yourself.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I have never participated in Black Friday.

And I am entirely too hungover to interact with other humans, so this year will be no different.

Someone please shoot me.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
I have never participated in Black Friday.

And I am entirely too hungover to interact with other humans, so this year will be no different.

Someone please shoot me.

*bang*

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Black Friday has be rescheduled to Thursday. Oh, and notice they're calling it "exercise" now.

abcnews.go.com...

Sears and Walmart have announced that they will open stores earlier than last year on Black Friday in an attempt to capture more business. Stores will open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving night, two hours earlier than Walmart's 10 p.m. opening last year.

edit on 23/11/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I don't care if they promise free hot wings and offer to PAY ME to be there. I am NOT going.

~Heff
I don't blame you..In england we have the january sales and you can see
them camping out in the town centre all night sometimes for a few days...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Stores will open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving night, two hours earlier than Walmart's 10 p.m. opening last year.

edit on 23/11/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

"Thursdays thanks givings aways; at a bargain price will be the next thing no doubt.
edit on 23-11-2012 by denver22 because: deleted vid because of space wast of

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Incidentally... when I worked in the retail industry and managed for a smaller "big box" chain, I did actually use the free hot wings tactic on Black Friday. I hired Hooters girls to come and also had a NASCAR driver bring his car and the portable RV/workshop/storage unit that they use to move it from race to race.

I was shameless!

Oh, I did do a good thing and also had a blood drive that same day. So maybe God will forgive me.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I actually just saw it on the news that they compared the prices from 40 + top retail items...and the prices were cheaper at the beginning of the year than today.

I don't understand a shopping excursion that rivals a battle royal in the wrestling ring over anything.
Seems some have more money to spend today than brains.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Seriously, who could afford black friday this year. Only the mentally deranged would keep buying cheap crappy chinese crap. The economy is tanking, the drought continues, food prices will raise next year, Obama is a dictator, and the illusion continues.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

I'll go out on a limb and predict that this Black Friday will be the strongest in at least the past 6 years and that the news will be very much heralding that at the top of their lungs...

Even if it isn't actually true... What it is, however, is a perfect opportunity to convince the masses that a recovery is underway. The thought being that if consumers believe this to be the case, they will spend more and then it will become a self fulfilling prophecy.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

reply to post by denver22

Incidentally... when I worked in the retail industry and managed for a smaller "big box" chain, I did actually use the free hot wings tactic on Black Friday. I hired Hooters girls to come and also had a NASCAR driver bring his car and the portable RV/workshop/storage unit that they use to move it from race to race.

I was shameless!

Oh, I did do a good thing and also had a blood drive that same day. So maybe God will forgive me.

~Heff
Ohh lol, just looked up hooters girls.. coming from england i was wondering if you
Maybe got some dancing girls down for a wet t - shirt splash comp...lol..

Did you do well the company in takings that day?...I bet you did with all them hooters girls
on parade..

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I agree man, I hate the zombie shoppers

In Canada we have boxing day but we also have black Friday sales in areas like mine since I'm on the border. Even Canadians cross over to the USA side to participate in the madness so our retailers try to keep the funds on this side of the border by matching some of the sales

The best story I ever heard from a Canadian was...

"OMG you can buy guns at wal mart in the states!"

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I'll go out on a limb and predict that this Black Friday will be the strongest in at least the past 6 years and that the news will be very much heralding that at the top of their lungs...

Even if it isn't actually true... What it is, however, is a perfect opportunity to convince the masses that a recovery is underway. The thought being that if consumers believe this to be the case, they will spend more and then it will become a self fulfilling prophecy.

~Heff

I would say self fullfilling prophecy is a fair bet there...then maybe it will spread like
morphic resonance everywhere in the united states of amerca thus fullfilling a self fullfilling
prophecy like you said..

"Yeah, i would go with that notion.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Glad I'm not the only one who is hungover. If it makes you feel any better I'm heading in to work so please enjoy the "holiday" and just sit back and watch the chaos on the TV and laugh your ass off. I wonder if any crazy people are going to bust out the bear spray this year? (maybe it was pepper spray?)

People don't # around on black Friday.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Black Friday? Sounds like a market collapse to me!

Don't have that over here (just shops that seem to have "Closing Down Sales" going on for many, many years!). I have to say though, it begs the question.......does that mean they are acknowledging that they rip you off for the rest of the year?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

It makes me laugh when I watch the black fridays videos . It is a consumer orgy frenzy . It is sad and shows the state of human nature . Also in a debt driven society people just want more regardless of the consequence especially around this time of the years were people are spending for xmas driving their debt further.

All for what so they can watch t.v. when they take a dump What the hell do people need a t.v. in the bathroom for .

I also wonder how many of these people who participate in this event where supporting ows and taking down the one percent . Yet they just keep lining up for hours for their over priced gadgets and just hand their money to the top one percent .

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The best story I ever heard from a Canadian was...

"OMG you can buy guns at wal mart in the states!"

Doesn't Canadian tire sell hunting rifles ?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

~Heff

I find your reply to be oddly disconcerting. So if I can get enough people to believe they can fly, will they start jumping off buildings? Are Americans really that gullible. Sadly, I have to concede what you said is true.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Most Canadians don't shop at Canadian tire, but I do not think they sell any guns other than air guns.

www.canadiantire.ca...

I believe they used to sell guns though.
edit on 11/23/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join