It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Research team... ASSEMBLE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hello everyone!

First time posting in here but i am doing so, because I need a team. I want to start a research thread.
I know that I have to U2U ADVISOR but I want an indication if any on who would be interested in a research project I'd like to start. I don't want to U2U ADVISOR and then have no team. I thought I would post it in here because it's off topic to other threads and didn't want to get in the way of actual information providing threads.

So recently (yesterday) I started a thread where I analyzed different Logos. So far I have done four. These being - Starbucks - Exmaple (I didn't get all information myself), Ebay, UN and DOLE.

Thanks to the DOLE thread I have talked myself into starting a research project.

In the DOLE thread I uncovered what I though could be a pretty good meaning behind their logo. I then went and had a play in google translate and found that the Latin word ''Dole'' means Suffer in english.

This really made me cringe. looking at their history I wouldn't be surprised if it was planned. You can check out the thread for it which you can find on my page.

In my research I would like to analyze 5 different logos with each being from a different categorie. One category may be oil companies, one category may be fast food - you get the picture.

I think logos are a window into a world we are kept away from.

The reason why i would like to make it a research project is because I need more knowledge, more view points and more work getting done with out rushing the work itself.

So I would like to ask those who are interested to U2U me so i can set something up with ADVISOR.

Sorry for interrupting your chit chat people!
Help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Here is the completed work on Monster Energy Drink. Hope it helps.

Monster Energy

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Research Team ASSEMBLE!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Wonder twin powers ACTIVATE!!

form of..... a notebook!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

Ahahahahahahhaa thanks waveydavey!!!
gave me a good laugh!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Just thought you should know that the Dole company was started by James Dole. And, 'dole' in English means to give out such charitable things as money, food, clothing...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yes, but Dole goes back further than that. It went under an original name of CastleandCooke. That later developed into Dole.

I understand that it is his name, but you can't dispute their horrific history. They will only get worse. They are far from a straight up front, caring company. I thank you for your extra information, keeping in mind I made my thread only to explore possibilities.

Lets leave this discussion for the other thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Might be a little late ... but Dole may also refer to en.wikipedia.org...

Also, dolor -oris m. [pain] , physical or mental; esp. [disappointment, resentment]. Transf., [cause of sorrow]; rhet., [pathos]. Looks as though this may have been a policy introduced in Rome to ensure people had basic food needs and the meaning has carried forth to today. Doesn't appear to be all that sinister ... although the meaning for the Latin word sinister is actually 'left or left handed' ... food for thought ... pun intended.

top topics

join