It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding ATS's ignorance in the Middle East

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This OP is a continuation of a previous thread, "Time to deny ignorance in the Middle East." Link.

Apparently my message wasn't clear enough, as it was way beyond the context of the OP and to try to support an Israel > Gaza movement, as many people have thought. While I must say I enjoyed opening a Pandora box on ATS, I was disappointed to see that most people didn't understood the underlined message of the thread, and turned into hate (from both sides), which is OK. My one sided OP had it coming. I had been accused a propagandist, an IDF spokesman, and other names calling. My intention of that OP was to bring ATS an authentic other side of the story, a side that rarely ever gets a fair hearing although nevertheless equally deserves it.

However, that OP had a further underlined agenda which seems that most people have missed (Since they probably were only reading a few sentences of the OP, not to mention skipping the second and most crucial post of the OP), hence some posters (from both sides) kept on turning their attention into defending/attacking mode, stuck in their own views and incapable of evolvable type of thinking, which I aimed for.

What is an evolvable type of thinking you may ask? Here's my take on it, if you wish to understand the (or a) conflict, you need to understand that there are actually two sides of it, and when you can understand and be identified with both of them - you can drop your "one-sideism" and evolve from the pity conflicts. Almost as if you are observing the conflict from above, without attachment to it. It doesn't matter who's right and who's wrong, the fact that both sides ended up in a particular situation and believe they are the good guys, while calling the other side "terrorists", should've raised the eyebrows of the critical thinkers of ATS who truly seek to deny ignorance and not finding posters and threads to support theirs.

To finish off what I started, here's what's really going in the Middle East. It is a reminder of what propaganda and MSM can do to us; Distract us, divide us, keep us fighting each other, causing hate, misery and bloodshed only because we follow people we believe to be "our leaders", and media, which i'm sure you all know how POWERFUL and effective it is to persuade people almost subconsciously to support their agendas. I love how Terence Mckenna defines the media: "The spreading of darkness at the speed of light."

I have an agenda too, my message is very simple: We are all one. Jews, Muslims, Christians, Atheists, Homo-sapiens everywhere. We all originated in the source of consciousness which have created all of existence, and believe we are different because we grew up at one particular culture or this particular culture. While ALL cultures are merely hogwash, just like the programming we have gone through, or the children's mind factory we name "school" is as real as our thoughts and beliefs about what's going on. What do we know about what's really going on?

The simple fact is,

There are people from Israel:

There are people from Gaza:

Who have overcome the brainwash of society and are willing to look at things the way they really are. It requires a realization of a higher truth of existence, and it takes a big effort to rise above the influence of the MSM and government agendas. But when people do, it seems that everyone reaches the exact same conclusion and higher truth: We are all one, and beyond all the masks and conflicts we so believe to be reality, all we want is to live at peace, enjoy life and to help each other out.

I know there are difficulties on that road, but the more we all can see things the way they really are, the more we can create a consciousness shift that makes all the hatred and one-sideism brainwash at unease to prolong.

No conflict is needed, no weapons, no people with ties on TV, nothing. All is required is a simple realization that fear and hate doesn't support life, and love is. When understanding it, one-sideism seems like another ignorant, idiotic ideology which leads to the infinite road of nowhereism.

Who's the propagandist now?

May all beings be free from anger and hatred, and know peace in this lifetime.

Peace.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Oh man, we need videos like these to go viral. I think it would make it ten times harder to choose war over peace talks.

Thank you for this, Shuye. A million imaginary stars for you!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We sure do, these videos dissolves all hatred and all prejudices about the other side, thus they are enemies of the media, who keeps on perpetuating the conflict for both sides. I wonder what would happen if these videos were as often as commercials? That would be deadly to so many industries and to those with vested interests in perpetuating the hatred.

If you can, please share them so people will be better informed about other things going on here, other than the normal hatred-causing ignorance-advocating information they receive.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
as warm and fuzzy as the post is and shows a logic and reason that many here on ATS can agree with, the reason that these posts resonate and get stars and flags is because it feels good and it makes us feel good about ourselves, now where does the problem start?

Politics, as many have seen here and read, politicians have psychotic tendencies, the whole lie and cheat and show no remorse to get to the top, they will do deals behind the scenes as we have seen from countless politicians doing deals with dictators, rebels and terrorists, each side is funded by a bigger and stronger country or group of countries for their own benefit.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I'm glad you could see my point now.
It is politics why we have stupid fights and wars, the whole point to get in that warm and fuzzy mode is to realize we are that actually. And not the lie the politicians kept repeating to us about what we should do, or who should we support.

Politicians have built the bridges between us, and it is up to us to destroy them.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

I always saw your point, I posted what I did not as an argument, but as a question

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Its not so much ignorance as it is geography and the fact that any and all news from the area is censored by TBTB.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
When it comes down to it, the governments are the ones causing all the problems. If they spent more time worrying about their own countries and not whats happening across the border or 3000km away, the world would be a better place.

In this case Israel need to lift the blockade or get rid of Hamas for good. If neither is solved, this puny war is going to continue for eternity, or at least until Israel bomb Iran.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
OP, i sure wish i could view your videos but don't have that capability currently.
however, perhaps this is a good place for this reminder ... Politics is the art of prolonging a decision until it is no longer relevant / HQ ... maybe we need to promote this idea rather remember it ?

sadly, there are profound reasons why peace has never been the ultimate goal.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
OP, i sure wish i could view your videos but don't have that capability currently.
however, perhaps this is a good place for this reminder ... Politics is the art of prolonging a decision until it is no longer relevant / HQ ... maybe we need to promote this idea rather remember it ?

Human beings are still the ultimate predator thats why peace on Earth will never prevail. We kill for sport, we kill in the name of God, we kill for fun. Its in our nature to do so. Human nature has to change before peace can be had IMHO.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake

Human beings are still the ultimate predator thats why peace on Earth will never prevail. We kill for sport, we kill in the name of God, we kill for fun. Its in our nature to do so. Human nature has to change before peace can be had IMHO.
i can appreciate your opinion but disagree at the same time.

man as the ultimate predator ??? only in our dreams.
felines kill for sport
all animals kill in the name of a God / hunger
felines kill for fun (seen it first hand)
what makes us any more dangerous/predatorial than them ??

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

i can appreciate your opinion but disagree at the same time.

man as the ultimate predator ??? only in our dreams.
felines kill for sport
all animals kill in the name of a God / hunger
felines kill for fun (seen it first hand)
what makes us any more dangerous/predatorial than them ??

Opposable thumbs springs to mind!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

opposing thumbs makes us more dangerous ??
you've got to be kidding, right ?
ever poke yourself in the eye with that thumb ?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

opposing thumbs makes us more dangerous ??
you've got to be kidding, right ?
ever poke yourself in the eye with that thumb ?

I am in no way kidding, opposable thumbs has given us the ability to build tools that allow us to build weapons with the capability to obliterate the entire planet. Dont matter how smart a cat is its still not got the equipment to build tools. A cat cant paint on a cave wall or write a book. A cat cant fassion weapons from it natural surroundings, im sure you can see where im going with this?
edit on 23-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I am in no way kidding, opposable thumbs has given us the ability to build tools that allow us to build weapons with the capability to obliterate the entire planet. Dont matter how smart a Kat is its still not got the equipment to build tools.
and this ^^^ is a pointless argument.
why ?? cause those same tools can be used to create just as easily as they can destroy ... however, in the case of felines, their "tools" are built in ... they do not require assistive devices to destroy as they choose. and, not so surprisingly, they don't require assistive devices to create/build either.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I am in no way kidding, opposable thumbs has given us the ability to build tools that allow us to build weapons with the capability to obliterate the entire planet. Dont matter how smart a Kat is its still not got the equipment to build tools.
and this ^^^ is a pointless argument.
why ?? cause those same tools can be used to create just as easily as they can destroy ... however, in the case of felines, their "tools" are built in ... they do not require assistive devices to destroy as they choose. and, not so surprisingly, they don't require assistive devices to create/build either.

Cats dont build at all, maybe a nest when there pregnant. And Humans also have there tools built in which leads us back to opposable thumbs. How many Atomic warheads or sistine chapels have you seen built by cats? On another note Human beings have never built a weapon of tool that they have not used. Its in our nature to costume and change or surroundings and not allways in a good way IMHO of course. Another way of looking at it is Humans are the ultimate Virus at the macro level.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

A cat cant paint on a cave wall or write a book.
wanna bet ?
www.monpa.com...
www.monpa.com...
www.ipadgameforcats.com...
[i'll give ya they don't write books, however, that doesn't mean they can't have one translated or transcribed ... just like the humans used to do.

A cat cant fassion weapons from it natural surroundings
they sure can and do it all the time.
i have one that re-designs (customizes) every box top that enters the house.
(no assistive tools necessary)

im sure you can see where im going with this?
yes, it's often referred to as in circles.

ETA -- IMHO, it is the inherrent limitations of our own minds that limit our ability to achieve peace. if all other animals can do it, why can't we ??
edit on 23-11-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

I take it you have a thing for cats mate. LoL

If you cannot see where im going with this then there is no point continuing the discussion. Those cat paintings were hardly the Mona Lisa by the way. And playing with a box in no way means its being employed as a tool im afraid. Whens the last time a cat shoot someone or had a political discussion with another cat? My dog hides food that does not mean she is building a granary. LoL

We are way off topic by the way. I think the Mods may object.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The only ignorance I see is the lack of understanding of who we are as a species. Simply, we are animals of mother nature, their to defend our patch of land and attempt to make our pack the strongest.

It's not our leaders who make these wars.... it's us, the human race, it's who we are.

If you haven't seen this map I've made before, I will post it again -

This map is not every war in the last 100 years, it's just every invasion of the last 100 years excluding civil wars etc. There will never be peace, and that's the way it's supposed to be. Can you imagine what this map would look like if I included every war over the last 2,000 years, it would be unreadable. How can this be just the leaders fault?

We've elevated ourselves into a position where we think we are better than animals, looking at this map do you think so? or do you think that is exactly what we are.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

I take it you have a thing for cats mate. LoL
i do, among other animals

(11 felines total atm)

If you cannot see where im going with this then there is no point continuing the discussion. Those cat painting were hardly the Mona lisa by the way. And playing with a box in no way means its being employed as a tool im afraid. Whens the last time a cat shoot of had a political discussion with another cat? LoL
no one said anything about creating masterpieces (ML) ... and given the opportunity, who's to say they couldn't ??

this thread isn't about cats or tools or thumbs, so what's your point exactly ?

i got news for ya ... physical tools are irrelevant to the matter as a whole.
without them, we are hardly any contender for "top predator" >> even with them, our predatorial position is rather precarious at best.

playing with a box ?? who said anything about playing ??
she (and only 1 of 11) re-constructs it to suit her desire ... that's not playing.

feline political discussions happen around here daily

of course, the POTUS, the Mid-East and the future of the world aren't standard topics

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join