It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


If obama is so awful for entrepreneurs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

log in


posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
Just think of how many more entrepreneurs there would be if the record number of people of food stamps, welfare, and unemployment weren't scared of losing their benefits.

Many people in this situation are just too comfortable to take entrepreneurial chances. Why take a chance when you are being taken care of?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:17 AM
reply to post by solidguy

Go ahead, propose them to lend the money for their startup.Iam sure you will find takers. Also I did not realize failed enterpreneurs can not go back on food stamps.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:57 AM

Originally posted by Merinda

Originally posted by CitizenJack
reply to post by Merinda

Oh really...?? Its impossible for a startup to make it?

As the great Barney Stintson would say " Challenge Accepted"!!!

I hope you enjoy the savory flavor of crow.

Its impossible for a startup to make it when people do not have money to spend, yes.

Its all about location, location, location with a start up. If your in Nevada with unemployment at 11.5 then you may want to wait. If your in Vermont with a cool 5.5 percent go for it. If you can find a niche in the market be creative and present a solution to a problem or a new creative way of doing things then shoot for the moon baby!

Look at GPS. People spend tons of money on something that isnt necessary, can be unreliable and has to be replaced every few years..... Or they could spend 5 bucks on a map which last decades and isnt affected by cloudy skies. On black friday I saw hordes of people standing in line for those garmins. Two rows over in the outdoor section the maps and travel atlas looked mighty lonely.

Im in Michigan and we are sitting around 9 percent unemployment. I found something I love doing that I feel consumers will appreciate and I'm going for it. Everytime someone decides not to start a business because they are told now is not the right time I rejoice lol, it leaves more room in the market for me.

If the national average unemployment is 7.9 percent then that leaves another 92.1 percent employed. Employment = Money. I know that the whole 92.1 percent doesnt have disposable income but I dont need 92.1 percent of the country buying my product.. How could I keep up
My target audience is much smaller.
edit on 24-11-2012 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

new topics
<< 1   >>

log in