It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible in a Nutshell

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

God created all that exists, to follow the laws of Man is not to follow something created by infallible God, but to follow something created by fallible Man. Follow none other than that which God created and you will be free. Lead yourself, be yourself not them. God created you, be what God created. Let them create you or tell you what to be and you will not be what God created, but what Man created.
edit on 23-11-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot

God created all that exists, to follow the laws of Man is not to follow something created by infallible God, but to follow something created by fallible Man. Follow none other than that which God created and you will be free. Lead yourself, be yourself not them.

God created them too, are you saying he made a mistake in them but not in me? That doesn't sound at all like something God would do.....

and in this instance, YOU are "them", therefore you are fallible and have made serious mistakes here in this thread... by your own logic....
edit on 23-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Not at all. He created them and made no mistake, they created rules and made their mistakes. What God creates is no mistake, what we create can very much be mistaken. He knows everything, we do not.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Not at all. He created them and made no mistake, they created rules and made their mistakes.

but you say only the individual can lead themselves to God, if they had led themselves to God then created the rules, it would have been God creating them and they wouldn't be fallible since God created them, but they would be fallible at the same time.... you aren't seeing your issue with logic here? Perhaps you need to find God and he will help you out with it

....the barrel takes all the fun out of fishing

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Not at all. He created them and made no mistake, they created rules and made their mistakes.

but you say only the individual can lead themselves to God, if they had led themselves to God then created the rules, it would have been God creating them and they wouldn't be fallible since God created them, but they would be fallible at the same time.... you aren't seeing your issue with logic here? Perhaps you need to find God and he will help you out with it

I have no issue with logic. I'm saying Man should not be in the business of creating rules for they would be flawed. If you are free than you follow no rules other than that which God created. When you lead yourself you follow no rule, but the rule of God.

Place no king before him.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I have no issue with logic. I'm saying Man should not be in the business of creating rules for they would be flawed. If you are free than you follow no rules other than that which God created. When you lead yourself you follow no rule, but the rule of God.

ok, which rules did God create then?

You can't say the rules of the bible because the bible was written by man, not by God. We KNOW it was written by man because original manuscripts have been found, records have been found that show there was a council that decided which books would be included and which ones would not. That council (Nicean Counsel) was made up of men, who you clearly say are fallible, so fallible men put together the bible so those laws are laws of men.

Where do you find the laws of God so they can be followed since you, in your diatribe, have shown the bible does not contain the laws of God, but instead, merely the laws of man?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

God created the universe. The laws of physics are the authorities which he has put in place to govern that universe. You are free to do anything which the laws of physics, god's authorities, allow. His laws are perfect and literally unbreakable.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

God created the universe. The laws of physics are the authorities which he has put in place to govern that universe. You are free to do anything which the laws of physics, god's authorities, allow. His laws are perfect and literally unbreakable.

You didn't answer the question....

Seriously, if you're going to bring up a topic you should at least stay on it

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You asked me what laws God created and I answered the Laws of Physics. I answered the question just fine.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

You asked me what laws God created and I answered the Laws of Physics. I answered the question just fine.

So we should only follow the laws of physics and nothing else huh?

....hmmm......

...almost ashamed at how easy this is....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Is there anything other that could possibly be considered freedom? Man is fallible, to follow him is to follow folly. Is your president or prime minister God, are they Jesus Christ? Why follow them?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Is there anything other that could possibly be considered freedom? Man is fallible, to follow him is to follow folly. Is your president or prime minister God, are they Jesus Christ? Why follow them?

since I do have a couple of degrees in Physics (as well as mathematics), that means I'm more of an authority on God than you are and you should do as I instruct you if you wish to attain salvation.... how odd.....

since I am human and fallible, yet I have mastered physics (my degree even says so
), that means your argument falls apart does it not? ....

...this really is too easy

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You are not the laws of physics and neither are you an expert on the laws of physics. To follow God is to follow his laws, those are the Laws of Physics. If you think you know about his laws you are still not his laws. If you were the laws of physics then maybe I'd obey you, but you are not.

Is Barack Obama God? Is he Christ? Why follow him?

Edit: I should elaborate here. I very much appreciate the fact that you have chosen to pay your dues to God by studying his laws. This is very helpful, thank you, but in my opinion God is the only expert.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Take a leap of faith....that's all it takes. Follow the sermon on the mount and dedicate your life to Christ....done and done.

Blessings....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

You are not the laws of physics and neither are you an expert on the laws of physics. To follow God is to follow his laws, those are the Laws of Physics. If you think you know about his laws you are still not his laws. If you were the laws of physics then maybe I'd obey you, but you are not.

Is Barack Obama God? Is he Christ? Why follow him?

Actually, yes, I AM an expert on the laws of physics, I have degrees that say I am as well as a position that says I am.

You have set some serious pitfalls for your line of logic that can't be undone, nor can they be defended.

This really is far too easy and I'm just embarassed to continue in it for your sake.

If you are going to make a thread about God, at least have an understanding of him before doing so. If it's questions you have, then form it as a question. You clearly have no answers nor are you presently on a path of finding those answers.

When you are ready to learn, the teacher will appear...or perhaps already has to teach you that you have many things to refine before you try to move forward.... Until then you can take some time, deconstruct your misinformation and try in earnest to actually learn about God's will and what he wants for each of us.

I can't continue this in good conscience due to your lack of understanding. Although I would get some 'laughs' from it, as would others, it wouldn't really serve God's purpose nor would it be productive in any other way.

For a begining, actually read the bible from cover to cover. Once you have done that, read other books concerning interpretation and do some research on your own. Learn about how the bible was put together, how books were chosen to be included or excluded. Learn about the society of that time, then compare it to what you've always been told and weigh each of the ideas with the new information you will learn.

You are speaking as a person who has recently "been born again" (in my opinion) and as someone who hasn't actually read or researched at all. These are merely your ideas about how things are, not anything of any standing or anything with any proof.

You have a very, very long way to go, but don't let that deter you. God is there and will welcome you with open arms, but if you are going to present yourself as someone who wishes to guide others as you have here on this thread, you have a great deal of learning to do first.

In your present form, you do more damage to God than good. You are hurting faith and belief more than you are helping it. Your intentions may be good, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. It takes much more than intentions to share wisdom and you don't yet have the wisdom to share.

Take some time, learn a little and you will be in a much better position to move forward.

I can't continue to point out your errors as it pains me to do so. There is no glory is laughing at the foolish, only in correcting it so others may not laugh as well.....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Take a leap of faith....that's all it takes. Follow the sermon on the mount and dedicate your life to Christ....done and done.

Blessings....

Amen and Amen

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Thank you for your input. Clearly I believe the only laws are the laws created by God himself, again the laws of physics. However; I believe the word called Christ are guidelines that can lead one to a peaceful and happy existence. One is free not to follow Christ, but know if you refuse to accept ideologies such as love, acceptance, tolerance and giving you will only condemn yourself to a life of misery.

To love one another is to accept that we are all created by God and that he does not make mistakes. To accept that no person's existence is a mistake. Acceptance and tolerance follow the same lines, with tolerance I believe we would do well to tolerate the mistakes we all make, tolerate their mistakes and perhaps they will tolerate yours for we are all fallible. To give to another is to give to God's children, they are all worthy of receiving for they were all created by the almighty himself.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Perhaps read my edit in the post you replied to. Your degree does not mean you are an expert, God is the only expert for he knows everything. You might have some knowledge of his laws, but it is minimal and subject to mistake because you do not know everything about his laws. Humility, understand that you do not know everything and only God knows everything.

The two of us have a difference in opinion in regards to God and what could be more common? There are many sects of Christianity, all disagree with each other in a variety of areas. There are many religions that claim a belief in God, yet they all disagree about who he is. Many of these religions refuse to accept their disagreements and choose to deny each other instead. To deny that they too may be incorrect for we are all fallible.

Edit: As I understand it even those within the same church disagree with one another on a variety of subjects. Didn't the Pope and his opponent for the position have vastly different opinions on the Bible? I think the Pope was the far more conservative one.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by kinglizard

Thank you for your input. Clearly I believe the only laws are the laws created by God himself, again the laws of physics. However; I believe the word called Christ are guidelines that can lead one to a peaceful and happy existence. One is free not to follow Christ, but know if you refuse to accept ideologies such as love, acceptance, tolerance and giving you will only condemn yourself to a life of misery.

To love one another is to accept that we are all created by God and that he does not make mistakes. To accept that no person's existence is a mistake. Acceptance and tolerance follow the same lines, with tolerance I believe we would do well to tolerate the mistakes we all make, tolerate their mistakes and perhaps they will tolerate yours for we are all fallible. To give to another is to give to God's children, they are all worthy of receiving for they were all created by the almighty himself.

I probably should also say that you have a foundation to build on, you aren't "lost" or anything of that nature. But you still have much to learn, as we all do.

Don't sit back and think you have the answers, you are only at the very beginning of a long and strenuous journey. You have much reading, much learning and much praying to do.

Even those of us who are older in our years and have more years of study under our belts of both the physical and spiritual realms still have a great deal to learn. I learn more every day and will continue to learn until the day that I die (and hopefully even after if my beliefs are correct).

Don't ever believe that you have reached the pinacle of what God has to offer, we can't possibly reach it in our lifetimes, never. Please, read, keep reading, learn, keep learning and pray, keep praying.

Also...show more respect to your mother. Regardless of whether she is right or wrong in what she may do or not do, she is your elder and the disrespect you have conveyed is not acceptable in any way, shape or form. Your actions toward her anger me. I see a "child", perhaps early 20's who has that "uppity attitude" from his new-found sense of freedom. It's not attractive in our eyes or in the eyes of God. You were mistaken in your actions toward her and you should correct that.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Agreed, you will be judged by the stick you judge others. One of my favorite quotes is "remove the plank from your eye before you try to remove the splinter from your brother"...not word for word but we need to love each other in the way we wan't to be loved...can you imagine that world.... Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.....

Look and treat a stranger as you would like to be treated./.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join