It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible in a Nutshell

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
"Each and every one of you were created by the most intelligent being in the universe. He does not make mistakes. Accept that or go to hell."

-Hail to the king baby!
edit on 23-11-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

every being makes mistakes

but then again one must take in to full consideration what a mistake is.

what is a mistake for one being can turn into an opportunity for another

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot
"Each and every one of you were created by the most intelligent being in the universe. He does not make mistakes. Accept that or go to hell."

-Hail to the king baby!

John 6

For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

67 “You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.

68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

70 Then Jesus replied, “Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!” 71 (He meant Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, who, though one of the Twelve, was later to betray him.)

The Father must enable a person. This starts when seeking and knocking takes place. He made you who you are, yet you have the ability to make yourself something different. This is not something you take. It's something you request and God gives. Asking is the key.

Faith makes things possible, not easy.

edit on 23-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

John 6

For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

Only god can bring you to salvation. Man cannot bring you to salvation, he might try, but he will only lead you to folly. If you want it, you can have salvation, but only if you want it. Salvation cannot be forced upon you for such would be the opposite of salvation. You cannot be forced to salvation through methods such as fear or physical battery, such is the opposite of salvation.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

-Hail to the king baby!

From my point of view Jesus preached that he was his soulbrothers and soulsisters and they also called Jesus God. Fits quite well with Hinduism and Buddhism.

The nondual everything that encorperates all awareness that exists. Reality conciousness. The ONE who is all/everything. Hell is described in some places as being disconnected from god (everything else that exists). Also the apple from the fall make sense if you think of the apple as you ate of the fruit of duality and created an ego and disconnected from the whole/god.

It is true if you do ego parasitic things then sooner or later you will be quarentined. Humanity is in bigger trouble than they realize. The only thing that is needed in any religion to find the ONENESS is Seek and you shall find.
edit on 23-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

John 6

Only god can bring you to salvation. Man cannot bring you to salvation, he might try, but he will only lead you to folly. If you want it, you can have salvation, but only if you want it. Salvation cannot be forced upon you for such would be the opposite of salvation. You cannot be forced to salvation through methods such as fear or physical battery, such is the opposite of salvation.

Very true. Salvation is being saved from being a thief. As you point out, forcing it makes the one who forces a thief. God gives only. Link

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

The tree is nature, it is God's creation and the apples are God's children brought forth from the tree he created. His children are not here for your consumption, leave them be.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Don't eat the apples from God's tree. Please don't take their life from them, they are worth so much more as God created them.

Succubus and Incubus lie to others in order to sleep with them. These demons lie to others in order to steal from them, to convince others to give their life, their soul, to them. Their life belongs with God, lay with God, not with Man.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Symbiot

every being makes mistakes

but then again one must take in to full consideration what a mistake is.

what is a mistake for one being can turn into an opportunity for another

Every person makes mistakes and that mistake is an opportunity for everyone, including he who made the mistake. Our mistakes are an opportunity to learn and grow stronger.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

some mistakes require such learning, that one is unable to commit the same mistake even if they wanted to. and opprotunitys are often lost when one is unable to make mistakes.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

There is no need to commit the same mistake if you've already learned your lesson. One need not reap the benefit of mistakes if he already knows everything there is to know.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

although, any opportunity lost, only hinders what mistakes may be brought on by new opportunitys. the less chance of mistakes and the less we can ultimley grow.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

We can learn from more than mistakes, if the mistake is not necessary we can grow in other ways. We can learn from our success just the same as our failures and if we learn from our failures then they become a success. Life will always be full of challenges and obstacles to overcome, that's just what keeps things interesting. Why do we read a book or watch a movie? What's around the next corner, I just gotta know.

Edit: Honestly I think we're in a state of arrested development these days, for many reasons. For one, many are afraid of failure, afraid to make a mistake because their peers will make fun of them and lay punishment or wrath upon them. So they simply don't even try for the sake of avoiding possible failure and likely punishment for that mistake.

Take my mother for instance. When she was young her parents and siblings would punish her greatly for even the tiniest mistake. She told me a story when she had received a perm and was told not to get it wet, apparently that would ruin the perm. That same day her parents took her and her siblings to the beach where she inevitably got her hair wet. When they arrived home her mother picked her up by her hair and threw her as punishment for getting her hair wet. Granted if you didn't want your child to get her hair wet why take her to the beach, but that's besides the point.

My mother no longer tries to do anything, anything at all because she is afraid of what wrath might come for her failure, what judgment and ridicule might await her for her mistakes. She is human after all and as such she still makes her mistakes, but she lies about them. She lies about them to herself to justify her lies and she lies about them to others in an attempt to avoid their ridicule or in the case of work avoid a 'write up' or "AI/Action Item" as they call their scarlet letters there.

And so those who would punish her have punished themselves. Because of the punishment they would bestow they are now ignorant to the truth. They beg others to lie to them for they would punish those who reveal the truth. There is more to the punishment, I know my mother enjoys making things, but she doesn't because she's afraid she's not good enough. So those who would convince her she is not worthy, those who would judge and ridicule her have deprived themselves of the good works she would have otherwise done.

My mother is aware, on some level, of my beliefs, but she refuses to hear them out. You see she is deathly afraid of failure and she's believed in the "American Dream" for so long she doesn't want to believe that was a mistake. When I open my mouth she raises her voice, has even threatened to beat me to shut me up. She's afraid, afraid of what it would mean if I'm right. She's been afraid of failure for so long she will simply refuse to accept it on every level, she will lie, she will block it out. What have they done?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I remember a discussion I had with my mother not long ago. I don't remember exactly what the discussion was about other than it was quite revealing. She fought me every step of the way, getting the truth through to such a person is not easy. I remember the clincher though, the moment when the truth had won and she had no where else to run. It involved the police and I asked her "They are your employees aren't they?"

She said "No." I knew she would lie to protect herself from the pain brought by the truth, but I was a bit taken back this time because I knew she knew full well that she paid their salary and I knew that she knew I knew it too, but she laid out this bold face lie anyway even though we both knew the truth. I could think of nothing else but to ask the question again, "You do pay taxes right, and so you pay their salary correct?" "No."

I could think of nothing else but to ask the question yet again to which she replied no again and again. We both knew what was happening and it was perfect as earlier in the conversation I had discussed how she lied to herself. Eventually during my repetition of the question she picked up a bottle and threatened to beat me with it. Knowing a little of the animal world I stood up from my sitting position as a means to convey that I was bigger than she. She put down the bottle and ran away screaming "NOOOOOOO" at the top of her lungs. I know it hurts, but it is only the truth that will ever set you free.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

John 6

So... since you are only man.... are you trying to lead others to folly by saying God offers salvation? ...you know, since men can't lead you there, they only lead you to folly....

quite a conundrum you have created there....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

It's horrible that you would be so disrespectful to your mother

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I lead no one, but only ask that they lead themselves. As for my mother, if someone lives a lie then to bring them the truth is no disrespect, but the ultimate respect. A true friend is brutally honest.

Edit: You see it's no conundrum, I only speak to someone. Only they can bring themselves to salvation. They can hear the words, but no one can bring them there, they must bring themselves. They must lead themselves, they cannot be forced, they must be free. To lead oneself is freedom, it is salvation.

I cannot make you be free, that would not be freedom. You must choose to be free of your own free will. I can tell you what it's like and how it's done, but only you can freely choose to accept freedom. Only you can bring yourself salvation, no one can bring it to you.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I lead no one, but only ask that they lead themselves. As for my mother, if someone lives a lie then to bring them the truth is no disrespect, but the ultimate respect. A true friend is brutally honest.

Edit: You see it's no conundrum, I only speak to someone. Only they can bring themselves to salvation. They can hear the words, but no one can bring them there, they must bring themselves. They must lead themselves, they cannot be forced, they must be free. To lead oneself is freedom, it is salvation.

But you said only God could bring them to salvation... now you're saying they bring themselves to salvation. Seriously, you need ot make up your mind.....

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

God created them, if they lead themselves they are led by God. God created all that exists, to follow the laws of Man is not to follow something created by infallible God, but to follow something created by fallible Man. Follow none other than that which God created and you will be free. Lead yourself, be yourself not them.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

God created them, if they lead themselves they are led by God.

created and led are not the same thing....

conundrum after conundrum.....

For the Record, I do believe in God, I just have serious issues with your interpretation of him

edit on 23-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join