It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopping by to say Hi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
So, I had decided I oughta come by, say hello, see if there is anyone I still know floating around here. This place looks great these days, so, so, SO much going on. Kinda crazy, but I'm proud to see ATS is all grown up and amazing.

Pardon the shortness of the post, but I'm not too sure exactly what else to say at the moment.

Though, one wonders if Bill or Springer will say hello, lol.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesLimelight

A pleasure to meet you.

Bill and Springer still pop their heads in from time to to time. Though I imagine they do a good bit of lurking.
I have noticed quite a few long time members showing up lately following long periods of inactivity. I wonder what is bringing them back?

What caused you to return after such a long absence?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Nice to meet you too, Burn. May I call you Burn?

Honestly, no freaking clue. ATS is INESCAPABLE. I mostly blame Bill and Springer, and to a lesser extent Benevolent Heretic and Rising Against. It's like, every 10 to 14 months, I just end up back here for a little bit, but then I feel like some sort of old timer, waving a cane around, not understanding anything I see anymore!

"Dang kids, get off mah lawn!"

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
An old timer you are...make me look like a young pup. Yet I feel the same urge to chase away the young ones outta my garden...lol...
Welcome back.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesLimelight

i would love to believe ats is grown up, but since ive been here, ive noticed people fighting for the sake of fighting, just as my children do, the whole election thing brought out the bad in ats, i hope that ats can become what it once was, from what i knew it was, and from what the forefathers of ats started, there is to many opinions fighting each other here now days, from what i hear it used to be people of like mind coming together on a thread and striving towards an end, now its constant bickering(of which i have been a part of sadly) please pass on the message and get ats back to were it once was.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Access, yes indeed, I am one of the mythical "old farts from way back when". Thank you for the welcome

Doc, yeah, back when I first joined, there wasn't much fighting or anything like that. An argument here and there, sure, but you gotta remember, ATS' membership was like, 1% of what it is now. At any forum I've ever been on, the bigger it gets, the more chaotic it becomes, and the harder it is to keep everything and everyone in-line. But, Bill, Springer and the guys and gals of the Staff seem to be doing a pretty good job.

The election ALWAYS seems to bring out the bad, so to speak. Was like that in 08', and in 04', if memory serves.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wow geezer I guess! Nice to meet you, I hope you find threads that still surprise and delight. All the old ones say we have changed, would be nice to see an old fashioned thread again

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Geezer, eh? Might use that in my title, lol! But yeah, I've been poking around. This place is HUGE now! I mean, lord have mercy here. If this place was comparable to the size of say, Texas, back int he day, it was the size of Guam. Honestly, I find it hard to navigate sometimes. Still, it's dang impressive!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Howdy James
Welcome, and Welcome back.
They make us take our shoes off at the door now.
Don't know why....I don't think it's a cleanliness thing....I'm more inclined to believe......fetish

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hi James !

Welcome back on ATS

there is many old members coming back to ATS recently .. i see a patern here

a few weeks aways from the big 21 december lol

your title "Stopping by to say Hi"
maybe means "Stopping by to say Bye"

if we read between the lines

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Howdy James.... Lime.... Fred, George, Bob, Henry